All Things Treyton Thompson Recruiting Thread (Class of 2021) UPDATE 6/15: MN Offers

For what it's worth, he wasn't originally from Alexandria either. He should have been a Minnewaska kid, but moved to play in a bigger school. He was never playing with his buddies in the first place.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Didn't know he was a Waska kid. They have traditionally had some good kids so I'm a little surprised to hear that. Difference is that Alex probably plays Brainerd, Bemidji, Willmar, Cloud, and Waska plays schools like Benson, Montevideo, New London, Sauk Centre (, so I would guess he was trying to play against a little more stiff competition.

Thompson vs Holmgren:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S9q2wi31ahE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thompson vs Holmgren:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S9q2wi31ahE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Absolutely love to see these guys playing clean and hard with a little jawing, the best to watch

How many scholarships are we looking at for this class?

2 as for right now. Curry and Willis are only 2 Scholarship Jrs on the roster. Highly unlikely it stays that way. Would expect 3-4

Holmgren and Thompson are both quite versatile and would make for a fantastic Twin Towers at the U!

Am I the only one excited about this?! It's only one official during junior year, but this is a great sign!

It's a good sign he's visiting and taking an official visit. He's fallen off the radar a bit since leaving Alexandria.

Go Gophers!!

Was at the game Sunday and saw Thompson standing sideline during pre-game shootaround, hope he had a good time! Haven't seen any news on the visit at this time...

Was at the game Sunday and saw Thompson standing sideline during pre-game shootaround, hope he had a good time! Haven't seen any news on the visit at this time...

It certainly was not a great atmosphere to have a recruit on an official visit. If there is sincere interest on both sides, I hope he visits for a football game as a senior a BT basketball game as a senior. I imagine he's been to Gopher games while living in Alexandria, but the atmosphere was less than ideal.

Go Gophers!!

Nice get. Now doesn’t the thread title change to Thompson commits? I almost didn’t read the recent two posts because of the title. Thought his time he was saying when he would commit was at the end of his junior year.

Another Pulley kid, maybe there is something to the idea that there is an anti Gopher bias at MN D1.

Another Pulley kid, maybe there is something to the idea that there is an anti Gopher bias at MN D1.

It certainly appears that way. Is Pulley sponsored by Nike, which is connected to the U? Not suggesting anything below board, but it's hard to be believe the sponsorships don't have something to do with who the clubs suggest their players take a look at. I have no idea what the ratio of top 100 guys who sign with teams that have the same shoe company affiliations as their club teams. Would be interesting to find out.

I'm glad he committed early and I hope it encourages others to do the same. I have no idea how connected he is to other players and whether he has influence with them, but this is a great start to the 2021 group.

I long for the day when a highly sought after D-1/Addidas club guys signs with the Gophers.

It certainly appears that way. Is Pulley sponsored by Nike, which is connected to the U? Not suggesting anything below board, but it's hard to be believe the sponsorship don't have something to do with who the clubs suggest their players take a look at. I have no idea what the ratio of top 100 guys who sign with teams that have the same shoe company affiliations as their club teams. Would be interesting to find out.

I'm glad he committed early and I hope it encourages others to do the same. I have no idea how connected he is to other players and whether he has influence with them, but this is a great start to the 2021 group.

I long for the day when a highly sought after D-1/Adidas club guys signs with the Gophers.

Club directors for D1 have something against the U. Been saying that for awhile. Don't have any in the loop knowledge of that organization so have no real idea why. Has nothing to do with shoe money. They send a ton of kids to Nike school including their last three best prospects while sending 3 over to a UA school (Wisconsin) as well. Only kid they really sent to an Adidas school was Race Thompson.

It certainly appears that way. Is Pulley sponsored by Nike, which is connected to the U? Not suggesting anything below board, but it's hard to be believe the sponsorships don't have something to do with who the clubs suggest their players take a look at. I have no idea what the ratio of top 100 guys who sign with teams that have the same shoe company affiliations as their club teams. Would be interesting to find out.

I long for the day when a highly sought after D-1/Addidas club guys signs with the Gophers.
He's likely going to play for D1 MN next summer, so you'll probably get your wish.

Club directors for D1 have something against the U. Been saying that for awhile. Don't have any in the loop knowledge of that organization so have no real idea why. Has nothing to do with shoe money. They send a ton of kids to Nike school including their last three best prospects while sending 3 over to a UA school (Wisconsin) as well. Only kid they really sent to an Adidas school was Race Thompson.

Is it an issue with the U or Pitino?

Top Bottom