All Things Transfer Portal Thread

I think they might take a second freshman. 3 just isn’t enough.

If they took another freshman for 2025 it would still only be 3 on the roster. It’s kind of a problem,

If they took another freshman for 2025 it would still only be 3 on the roster. It’s kind of a problem,
Wouldn't it be 4 - Max, Lindsey, Sjick and the additional freshman you're referencing?

Are we really still trying to find a QB with one or two years left to transfer here to be the backup this year?

I think that’s a fat chance.

We’re just gonna have to role with Lindsey being the backup should something happen to MaxBro
Are we trying? I don’t know, but I don’t like just assuming Brosmer, Lindsey, and Kollack will be good AND healthy for the next two years.

I agree, it's just gonna be tough to find a QB who will sign on to "compete" for the starting job in the transfer portal.
Seems like the odds of playing time here for this year and next year would be better than your average power four school.

QB seems to be the most common position transferring so lots of fish in the sea to pick from.

Are we trying? I don’t know, but I don’t like just assuming Brosmer, Lindsey, and Kollack will be good AND healthy for the next two years.
I don't follow you. This season we have Brosmer and Lindsey as a backup if Max gets hurt. Hopefully not, but we are covered.

Next year onward Brosmer is done and Lindsey is the presumed starter. We will have some other guy on the roster by then (2025) to be a backup.

I don't follow you. This season we have Brosmer and Lindsey as a backup if Max gets hurt. Hopefully not, but we are covered.

Next year onward Brosmer is done and Lindsey is the presumed starter. We will have some other guy on the roster by then (2025) to be a backup.
You don’t follow that we have one guy that never has played FBS ball and might struggle or get hurt and the only other option is a true frosh three star who also could struggle, or get hurt, or even transfer? And unless Lindsey sees action this year we’ll have even less experience next year. I’m not that comfortable just assuming Brosner and Lindsey are both talented enough and durable enough.

You don’t follow that we have one guy that never has played FBS ball and might struggle or get hurt and the only other option is a true frosh three star who also could struggle, or get hurt, or even transfer? And unless Lindsey sees action this year we’ll have even less experience next year. I’m not that comfortable just assuming Brosner and Lindsey are both talented enough and durable enough.
We rolled with less in ZachA and Morgan??

If you lose your top two QB in the same season, there’s not going to be much left for that year.

I’m personally not worried.

We rolled with less in ZachA and Morgan??

If you lose your top two QB in the same season, there’s not going to be much left for that year.

I’m personally not worried.
At least Morgan had a year in the system, we lucked out that year that both QBs were competent and only the first one got hurt. They also had Seth Green as an emergency option. Also we only won 7 games and it’s not like the QB play was awesome, so not sure it’s a great model to follow.

At least Morgan had a year in the system, we lucked out that year that both QBs were competent and only the first one got hurt. They also had Seth Green as an emergency option. Also we only won 7 games and it’s not like the QB play was awesome, so not sure it’s a great model to follow.
I thought Morgan played pretty well once he went in? Which led to the great 2019 year.

I don’t think we’re going to get an experienced guy to come in here to be a backup. We have inexperienced guys already.

Don't be surprised if Gophers try to land a transfer QB with multiple years eligibility to be backup this year and compete to start next year.

Don't be surprised if Gophers try to land a transfer QB with multiple years eligibility to be backup this year and compete to start next year.
I don’t think that’s what was told or implied to Lindsey. But I’m making a wild guess at that.

Seems like terrible roster management not to. Unless they are really high on Shikenjanski maybe.

I don’t think that’s what was told or implied to Lindsey. But I’m making a wild guess at that.
If Lindsey came in thinking we'd roll into the 2024 season with two scholarship quarterbacks, or that a third would be happy to sign up as only a backup during his entire Gopher tenure, that's on him. I find it hard to believe Fleck would make him believe that.

I think there will QBs who are sophomores- and juniors-to-be coming out of spring practice who aren't starting at their current school and see a chance to play here in 2025. Maybe they'll be better than Lindsey, maybe not. But I think we'll have options.

One of flecks jobs is to out recruit his current players. He's said that... I don't think Drake got promised the starting job in 25 but he will have every opportunity to win or lose it...
Oh, I think one of the reasons we are struggling to get a transfer QB is because PJ anoints his QB and there isn’t any chance for that to change sans injury. Who would want to come in where no matter how well you perform it’s Brosmer this year and Lindsey on ‘25?

Oh, I think one of the reasons we are struggling to get a transfer QB is because PJ anoints his QB and there isn’t any chance for that to change sans injury. Who would want to come in where no matter how well you perform it’s Brosmer this year and Lindsey on ‘25?
I do think it's Brosmer this year but after that is still open. We found out last year why Morgan played. And as bad as AK was, not sure there was a better option on that roster.

What examples of this have we seen?

Good for Cade. He'll play.
Yep....this is what the portal should be for. He's not getting more $$$$, but he saw younger guys beating him out, wants a chance to play and leaves. You always want guys to stay "loyal" but if i'm 19-20 years old i want to play. Good luck to him.

What a load of BS. Where are the guys that left during the Morgan years that are tearing it up somewhere else?

I know you have your beliefs about Fleck and your hatred of Morgan and MSM was well documented around here. But the coaches are not going to bench a clearly better option. Their job depends on winning games, so putting inferior players out there seems like a pretty dumb idea.

What a load of BS. Where are the guys that left during the Morgan years that are tearing it up somewhere else?

I know you have your beliefs about Fleck and your hatred of Morgan and MSM was well documented around here. But the coaches are not going to bench a clearly better option. Their job depends on winning games, so putting inferior players out there seems like a pretty dumb idea.
That’s naive head in the sand type stuff. Fleck plays favorites all the time- most coaches do but him more than most. The other QBs might not be world beaters, but they were run out of town because PJ went all in on 8 and the rest knew they had no shot. Annexstad and Clark both are at least as good as that knucklehead he’ll he was Demry Croft from being the worst of all time in maroon and gold. How do you explain we are sitting here with two scholarship QBs;
Other than maybe QBs think 1 will carry the ball 50 times a game.

That’s naive head in the sand type stuff. Fleck plays favorites all the time- most coaches do but him more than most. The other QBs might not be world beaters, but they were run out of town because PJ went all in on 8 and the rest knew they had no shot. Annexstad and Clark both are at least as good as that knucklehead he’ll he was Demry Croft from being the worst of all time in maroon and gold. How do you explain we are sitting here with two scholarship QBs;
Other than maybe QBs think 1 will carry the ball 50 times a game.
They weren’t ran out of town, they weren’t named the starter and they decided to leave. What is going “all in”, naming a starter at a position that only one player normally plays barring injury or performance?

Top Bottom