All Things Transfer Portal Thread

Cade McConnell and De'Eric Mister as well. I didn't expect to get hit hard this portal season.

MN may not release a depth chart, but the players know where they rank based on how they lineup for practice, plus feedback from coaches.

players going into the portal at this time of the year are looking for a situation where they can get more playing time.

Sure, some of it could be NIL related, but if you're not a starter or top reserve at your current school, are you really going to get more NIL somewhere else?

BTW - yes, Trey Bixby was medically retired at one point. to quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail......."got better."

"She turned me into a Newt...."

Replacing them with better players can & will be done. Did any of them have playing time?
Tariq Watson played quite a bit last year.

After appearing in all 13 games last season, recording 10 tackles including half a tackle for a loss in the process, Minnesota DB Tariq Watson has entered the transfer portal.

I had thought so too

I believe once you medically retire you're not allowed to play at the school as you sign a different type of athletic scholarship, but that doesn't prevent you from being able to transfer and being able to play if you get cleared at a different school. Same situation that happened to St-Juste.

Other then Howard does anyone know who else they’re going after?

Surprised by McConnell.
I take this to mean that Greg Johnson playing with the 1's at Center and will be the presumptive starter next fall. Which is a great thing.

And so McC is looking to go somewhere else to get playing time.

Wild guess

I'd like to see some WR depth and DB depth. Probably a QB with multiple years left to be a bridge to Drake Lindsey
I was just going to post basically the same thing. I feel like our secondary needs help most, then WR, then a QB.

I believe once you medically retire you're not allowed to play at the school as you sign a different type of athletic scholarship, but that doesn't prevent you from being able to transfer and being able to play if you get cleared at a different school. Same situation that happened to St-Juste.
I get the rule in that they don't want teams to hide player sort of speak. Kind of a bummer though.

Needs would QB, LB, and CB. But should always be looking to upgrade talent across the board.

I get the rule in that they don't want teams to hide player sort of speak. Kind of a bummer though.
It's more in place that it allows the student athlete to still go to college under scholarship and also allows the football team to open up another scholarship.

Needs would QB,
Are we really still trying to find a QB with one or two years left to transfer here to be the backup this year?

I think that’s a fat chance.

We’re just gonna have to role with Lindsey being the backup should something happen to MaxBro

Last edited:

You need more than two scholarship qbs on the roster especially if one is a true freshman.
I agree, it's just gonna be tough to find a QB who will sign on to "compete" for the starting job in the transfer portal.

Top Bottom