All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

The Gopher's trump card at RB could very well be Rodney Smith. We've got Jones, Williams, Edwards, and Smith with three verbals.

Hopefully, we are set with the run game.

Roster:
Smith, Rodney, 5-11, 200, SO
Parks, Josh, 5-10,187, SO
Williams Jr., Rodrick, 5-11, 247, SR
Edwards, Berkley 5-9,190, RS SO
Jones, Jeff 6-0, 198, FR
Kirsch, Jacob 5-11, 210, RS JR

Verbals:
Shannon Brooks, 5-11, 196
Jonathan Femi-Cole, 6-0, 220
James Johannesson, 6-1, 210

RB will be a fun position to keep an eye on in spring ball and fall camp. Cobb is going to leave some big shoes to fill and I would expect the competition for the starting job to be wide open. Jones if eligible would seem like the obvious front runner but you never know until kids get a chance to go out and show what they can do.

its going to be a two headed monster of jones and smith. Like men in black. and the occasional williams touch in there too

Won't ever happen but could you imagine the epic meltdown that would happen here if we did burn a guys redshirt in the bowl game? It would be awesome.
With Cobb available, it would be the most justified meltdown in Gopher Hole history.

Great!

I hope JJ is the stud we've heard he is. I'm excited to see this offense with some super star talent on it. Maxx was our one super star and he was a joy to watch.

I loved Cobb this yr but he was never a touchdown-at-any-minute type of home run hitter superstar. Future is bright.

I'll be very happy if he is as good as Cobb, Maroney, Barber or Thompson. If he turns out to be better than those guys, I'll be thrilled!

The Gopher's trump card at RB could very well be Rodney Smith. We've got Jones, Williams, Edwards, and Smith with three verbals.

Hopefully, we are set with the run game.

Roster:
Smith, Rodney, 5-11, 200, SO
Parks, Josh, 5-10,187, SO
Williams Jr., Rodrick, 5-11, 247, SR
Edwards, Berkley 5-9,190, RS SO
Jones, Jeff 6-0, 198, FR
Kirsch, Jacob 5-11, 210, RS JR

Verbals:
Shannon Brooks, 5-11, 196
Jonathan Femi-Cole, 6-0, 220
James Johannesson, 6-1, 210

Jones will be a sophomore I believe.

So he's going to be a Sophomore next year but can petition to get a 5th year of eligibility if he's on pace to graduate during that 5th year? Is that right?

What if he loses a year to injury? Will that count as a redshirt year and still allow him to petition for a 6th year?

Wouldn't this year just count as a redshirt? I think he just gets 4 years of athletic eligibility

Well that sucks. If he's as good as he could be, who knows if he would even be back for a 4th year anyway

If he is 80% complete with his degree after his fourth year than he will get a 5th year however. At least that is what I remember GW saying in the summer.

Top Bottom