All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

Basically, he wasn't cleared by the NCAA, but was admitted by the U. He'll be studying up and will most likely join the team in the spring.

more proof of the idea of Conference Governance. How is it that the University of Minnesota accepted him, and the NCAA Clearing House.......................................................

The five year clock starts once you enroll full time at any post high school institution.

I found that out the hard way. I could not play when I was a Grad student at St. Thomas in 1983, because I started college in 1963.

I found that out the hard way. I could not play when I was a Grad student at St. Thomas in 1983, because I started college in 1963.

You're like the wacky old man in a crappy sitcom...I keep expecting a laugh track after all your posts then a fade-out to commercial.

The five year clock starts once you enroll full time at any post high school institution.

And really an awful rule for JJ since he isn't able to practice. I'm not sure if he will be able to in the spring. Anyone?

And really an awful rule for JJ since he isn't able to practice. I'm not sure if he will be able to in the spring. Anyone?

He'll be able to if his grades are good enough this semester.

doesn't really matter as there's almost no way he redshirts anyway. And if he happens to get hurt at somepoint he can always apply for a medical redshirt depending on the timing

What is Gopher Warrior's problem? He seems to enjoy playing the role of a jerk. The one positive about him is his brevity. Too bad wren didn't learn that skill.

He also loves being wrong.

What is Gopher Warrior's problem? He seems to enjoy playing the role of a jerk. The one positive about him is his brevity. Too bad wren didn't learn that skill.

Correct, he posts about 2% of the content Wren did.

Thanks for the update/clarification everyone! So will he be our starting RB come next fall then?? What do you guys think?

Thanks for the update/clarification everyone! So will he be our starting RB come next fall then?? What do you guys think?

Based on what we've seen out of Edwards this year, I'd say Jeff has got as good of a shot as anyone.

Gopher Warrior is the most worthless poster on the football board...and that's saying a lot! He almost exclusively wrong about everything.

What we all have to remember is that Jeffrey J. Jones (not even sure what his middle name is, but the "J." makes him sound like a historical figure, and it sounds cool so I'm keeping it) Anyways... Jones is not only a tough runner who is difficult to bring down (Cobb-esque), he is also a BIG weapon in the passing game. This fits right into Leidner's comfort zone by allowing him to dump the ball off in the flat and execute screens knowing Jones is sure handed and can turn it into a nice gain.

What we all have to remember is that Jeffrey J. Jones (not even sure what his middle name is, but the "J." makes him sound like a historical figure, and it sounds cool so I'm keeping it) Anyways... Jones is not only a tough runner who is difficult to bring down (Cobb-esque), he is also a BIG weapon in the passing game. This fits right into Leidner's comfort zone by allowing him to dump the ball off in the flat and execute screens knowing Jones is sure handed and can turn it into a nice gain.

And you know this how? The kid has not even practiced yet.

Dr- JJ didn't forget how to play/catch since HS. Dude is an elite athlete. You will see.......

Not saying you or Gameday or anyone else is wrong in projecting JJ for greatness but I know I fall in the camp that likes to see a guy in action at the college level before assuming he is destined for greatness.

We all love pointing out the low ranked guys that make it big but there have been lots of cases over the years of high ranked guys that didn't pan out for one reason or another. JJ may very well be a great back for us, hopefully next year he takes the starting RB position by storm and is a beast back there for multiple years, but until he actually gets to suit up we have no clue how good he is truly going to be at the college level.

Not saying you or Gameday or anyone else is wrong in projecting JJ for greatness but I know I fall in the camp that likes to see a guy in action at the college level before assuming he is destined for greatness.

We all love pointing out the low ranked guys that make it big but there have been lots of cases over the years of high ranked guys that didn't pan out for one reason or another. JJ may very well be a great back for us, hopefully next year he takes the starting RB position by storm and is a beast back there for multiple years, but until he actually gets to suit up we have no clue how good he is truly going to be at the college level.

That was exactly my point. Commentors make statements as absolutes, when we haven't seen him against this level of competition yet.

That was exactly my point. Commentors make statements as absolutes, when we haven't seen him against this level of competition yet.

No worries Don - anyone who reads this board knew your point. Just the facts Jack.

Dr. Don, you are absolutely my favorite part of this message board.

Dr. Don, you are absolutely my favorite part of this message board.

Thanks BB. You and I don't always see eye to eye on some things, but there are a lot of things we do agree on.

Dr Don, JJ played in one of those high school all-star games (don't think it was UA) and won co-MVP - which was at least partly for catching passes out of the backfield

yeah, he can catch and run out of the backfield....big time.

forward to 3:30

Top Bottom