All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

I look at it as a good sign Jones is already on the roster on gophersports.com. For comparison, Croney isn't on there yet.

He has been on there for a while, doesn't mean anything. Croney probably ins't on it because he was a late signee.

Tommy Olson mentioned on KFAN this morning Jones has been at captains' practices this summer FWIW.

Thanks Ole. I actually was wondering about this and hoping he was able to attend.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's that time to grind, If it isn't football it's work, If it isn't work it's football!..Focused on turning dreams to reality!.</p>— Jeff Jones Jr. (@GopherBoy21) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherBoy21/statuses/479848927466754049">June 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Let the speculation begin, is he going to qualify???? :cool:

Kill has put a lot of work into this kid.. And I'm not talking football related... This kid will qualify

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

JJ is our Brent Moss

Schools that make 'the turn' get players on the field. I was shaky before but I was on campus yesterday and believe Kaler the 16th will get JJFly on the field.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Preparing for the future now and I think I'm off to a good start!!</p>— Jeff Jones Jr. (@GopherBoy21) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherBoy21/statuses/480972792754868224">June 23, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He must hear his ACT score soon. Does anyone know when he'll hear?

I'm sure it'll leak somewhere. He'll tell Coach Kill almost immediately and it'll leak out somewhere after that.

Maybe a week after he knows.

Actually if he passes then it will probably take no time to become public knowledge but if he doesn't than it will be quite some time before we know anything.

Actually if he passes then it will probably take no time to become public knowledge but if he doesn't than it will be quite some time before we know anything.

I disagree. Bad news travels faster on GH than good news.

I disagree. Bad news travels faster on GH than good news.

Well since he is taking summer school courses to boost his GPA which will be going on for a good chunk of the summer after he knows his ACT score. If he doesn't get the right score i'd suspect they just will keep it hush hush on the down low until he completes his summer school courses.

Just remember that Jones has two paths to qualifying, Improve his ACT, which is pending, and improve his GPA through summer school. I think that his latest tweet indicates that his early grades are good enough to raise his GPA sufficiently. I do like that he's taking both approaches to qualifying.

My grand daughter's scores are now on line. She retook on June 14, too. So tell us the results Jeff! Curious minds want to know!

Yep, scores are online. The longer we wait the less likely it is that we hear good news regarding his scores. Just like in-state recruiting.

Unless the online scores are the reason for the 2:17am positive post?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Preparing for the future now and I think I'm off to a good start!!</p>— Jeff Jones Jr. (@GopherBoy21) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherBoy21/statuses/480972792754868224">June 23, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Knowing that scores just came out that tweet makes me feel so confident!

Come on Marcus and Doogie! Someone come through for us this week.

According to Sid, Jeff Jones is going to be breaking ground on our new basketball practice facility by the end of the week.

A hunch that his score raised enough that summer summer school gets him with breathing room. Still feeling great about him on the field. Love that tweet!!!

Coach Kill is smart enough to have advised him not to blast details all over the media.

Top Bottom