All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

The ACT minimum, in the case of a GPA above 3.55, is 37 (Sum of the 4 parts).

So if a student has a 3.55 GPA they only need a 9 on the ACT? How in the h*ll would someone be able to have a 3.55 GPA and only score a 9?

If he is retaking classes, puts in the work, and produces something decent a teacher would have to be a real ****** not to give him a good grade. Especially with a full ride scholarship to a major university on the line. This summer could impact the rest of his life. Hopefully he has a support system of teachers, administrators, his parents, etc. to help him make this push.

If he is retaking classes, puts in the work, and produces something decent a teacher would have to be a real ****** not to give him a good grade. Especially with a full ride scholarship to a major university on the line. This summer could impact the rest of his life.

Or better yet, give students the exact grade they deserve, and let the chips fall where they may.

Or better yet, give students the exact grade they deserve, and let the chips fall where they may.

Good luck finding a teacher whose grading isn't effected by the realities of Jeff's situation. Without common assessments, grading is still very subjective and reliant on humans and their imperfections (emotions, biases, etc.). If I was a teacher, and I saw him put in the hours, I'd have a hard time not giving him a little bump (consciously or subconsciously). Especially since over the course of his life this summer has millions of dollars potentially riding on it.

+1

Given our hostility towards the UNC professors passing students who didn't deserve it, I certainly am not going to lobby for JJ to get a grade he didn't earn. Obviously, I'm hoping like heck he earns good enough grades to get in.

+1

Given our hostility towards the UNC professors passing students who didn't deserve it, I certainly am not going to lobby for JJ to get a grade he didn't earn. Obviously, I'm hoping like heck he earns good enough grades to get in.

love the desire maintain principles but remove football talent and the kid has no shot at attending the U the Fall of 2014. simply put the rules have already been adjusted for the kid

We still don't know the procedure in for raising your grade from a D or F to a C. The MPS website has a credit recovery tab but it only gives a phone number to call. It's under the Online Classes Tab with hints at online course work but there's nothing definitive.

By the way, I went to the U and had a number of classes with athletes (Marion Barber, Maroney, Kris Humphries) just to name a few. If you saw the work these kids produced, you'd question how much different we really are then UNC.

By the way, I went to the U and had a number of classes with athletes (Marion Barber, Maroney, Kris Humphries) just to name a few. If you saw the work these kids produced, you'd question how much different we really are then UNC.

Oh, the ironing.

Oh, the ironing.

Another good catch by the grammar police!

677466885_orig.jpg

Just saying - be careful of calling other people idiots. People in glass houses, etc.

P.S. If you like, I could recommend a cheese to go with that whine.

Haha. Wow, really?! This is a pissing match now? I could care less about minor grammatical errors on a fan forum, and certainly wouldn't make inferences between someones grammar on Gopherhole and intellect. Anyone that does should reevaluate how you spend your time and how you judge people.

For the record, I didn't call anyone an idiot. I merely implied they produced work that was not reflective of expectations laid on most college students. I have no idea if they are smart or not. If you'd like to continue to the conversation, find me in the tailgate lot, bring me a beer, and I'd be happy to share a number of anecdotes that would make you realize the U of M isn't as academically "upstanding" and ethical as you may think when it comes to athletes.

Otherwise, I'm sure everyone else would prefer to get back to Jeff Jones and visions of Rose Bowl championships.

I could care less about minor grammatical errors on a fan forum, and certainly wouldn't make inferences between someones grammar on Gopherhole and intellect. Anyone that does should reevaluate how you spend your time and how you judge people.

For the record, I didn't call anyone an idiot.

The near-total lack of self-awareness is dazzling. Really nice trolling going on here.

Haha. Wow, really?! This is a pissing match now? I could care less about minor grammatical errors on a fan forum, and certainly wouldn't make inferences between someones grammar on Gopherhole and intellect. Anyone that does should reevaluate how you spend your time and how you judge people.

For the record, I didn't call anyone an idiot. I merely implied they produced work that was not reflective of expectations laid on most college students. I have no idea if they are smart or not. If you'd like to continue to the conversation, find me in the tailgate lot, bring me a beer, and I'd be happy to share a number of anecdotes that would make you realize the U of M isn't as academically "upstanding" and ethical as you may think when it comes to athletes.

Otherwise, I'm sure everyone else would prefer to get back to Jeff Jones and visions of Rose Bowl championships.
I like arguing with dpodoll, but it's always fun to see other people inevitably fall into his traps. It's fun even when I agree with Dpo.

Jeff doesn't have enough proven ability to warrant this kind of worry about his grades.

We still don't know the procedure in for raising your grade from a D or F to a C. The MPS website has a credit recovery tab but it only gives a phone number to call. It's under the Online Classes Tab with hints at online course work but there's nothing definitive.

Well? We're waiting.

Who did I call an idiot? I'd love to see that quote. No inferences....a direct quote.

The only idiots are you and me for carrying on this conversation. I looked at your profile (didn't even realize you could do that). You spend a lot of time on this board, the off topic board, etc. I realize a battle with you will get exhausting rather fast, and therefore I am waving the white flag.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-DCCr9nDJYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I looked at your profile (didn't even realize you could do that). You spend a lot of time on this board, the off topic board, etc. I realize a battle with you will get exhausting rather fast, and therefore I am waving the white flag.

Yeah, I don't have a life. I kill time during slow periods at work by talking about Gopher sports on this Gopher-themed message board. What a loser I am.

You'll have to bring more than insulting people (me, random Gopher athletes) to have any kind of credibility. Or, you could just go back to not posting. That would be better.

Yeah, I don't have a life. I kill time during slow periods at work by talking about Gopher sports on this Gopher-themed message board. What a loser I am.

You'll have to bring more than insulting people (me, random Gopher athletes) to have any kind of credibility. Or, you could just go back to not posting. That would be better.

you-mad-bro-.jpg

It appears Don Dpod hijacked another thread to satiate his antagonistic ego. Mods, you might as well delete posts now. It's only going to get worse.

It appears Don Dpod hijacked another thread to satiate his antagonistic ego. Mods, you might as well delete posts now. It's only going to get worse.

LOL - As opposed to your "friendly" superior ego? As I recall, early you said that you were feeling sorry that some of us some of simple folk because we were not capable of understanding. How about dealing with your own ego first.

LOL - As opposed to your "friendly" superior ego? As I recall, early you said that you were feeling sorry for some of us simple folk because we were not capable of understanding. How about dealing with your own ego first.

How far into the summer does Jones have in order to qualify?

well it appears as though it takes the Clearinghouse 45 days (according to their by-laws online) to officially clear an athlete, during which time you can't play. so I would say he'd need to have all his crap in enough days ahead of time in order for that to happen

LOL - As opposed to your "friendly" superior ego? As I recall, early you said that you were feeling sorry for some of us simple folk because we were not capable of understanding. How about dealing with your own ego first.

Oh, snap!

well it appears as though it takes the Clearinghouse 45 days (according to their by-laws online) to officially clear an athlete, during which time you can't play. so I would say he'd need to have all his crap in enough days ahead of time in order for that to happen

So would that mean he needs to finish his school work 45 days before training camp starts?

So would that mean he needs to finish his school work 45 days before training camp starts?

Doesn't Kill have most recruits start in June for summer session? That would mean things needed to be submitted a couple weeks ago?? LOL I'm assuming he'd come in a bit behind schedule for fall camp then.

Top Bottom