All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

I agree with Jenkins, in that since the relationship is so good with our staff it's going to be hard for Florida or Michigan to come in the final week or two and nab Jeff. Getting Jones would be like the equivalent of landing a #15-25 basketball recruit in the country. Only 15 days left!

Maybe Carie Wagner is our ace in the hole

Joe C. is fine at what he does, but he is no Carlie Wagner.
?
You never know, a lot of U athletes have ended up together maybe them meeting and the fact they seem to get a long helps us. Ron Johnson married a track athlete at the U a pretty good looking one if I remember(hopefully they have future Gophers as kids). Max Williams parents met at the U when he was a football player and Max's mom was a vollyball player. Lindsey Whalen married that Aaron guy from the golf team. Can't hurt to have something in common as star athletes. Can't hurt that there both going to the U. Sometimes these connections help things along.
Just glad that it sounds like Jeff Jones seems pretty solid to Minnesota even though he taking visits to Michigan and Florida. At least it sounds like he will keep the Gophers in it until the end.

?
You never know, a lot of U athletes have ended up together maybe them meeting and the fact they seem to get a long helps us. Ron Johnson married a track athlete at the U a pretty good looking one if I remember(hopefully they have future Gophers as kids). Max Williams parents met at the U when he was a football player and Max's mom was a vollyball player. Lindsey Whalen married that Aaron guy from the golf team. Can't hurt to have something in common as star athletes. Can't hurt that there both going to the U. Sometimes these connections help things along.
Just glad that it sounds like Jeff Jones seems pretty solid to Minnesota even though he taking visits to Michigan and Florida. At least it sounds like he will keep the Gophers in it until the end.

Kendall Shell+Erik Smyth (softball)
Andre Hollins+Rachel Banham
Big Mo+Kionna Kellogg (before she transferred)
Wally Ellenson+Jackie Johnson

*Tons of athlete relationships within the basketball program. Not saying Carlie will start dating JJ though!

Kendall Shell+Erik Smyth (softball)
Andre Hollins+Rachel Banham
Big Mo+Kionna Kellogg (before she transferred)
Wally Ellenson+Jackie Johnson

*Tons of athlete relationships within the basketball program. Not saying Carlie will start dating JJ though!

STrib: Washburn running back waiting 'til signing day to pick college

Asked for his gut feeling, Washburn coach Giovan Jenkins said, “I like the relationship that [Jones] has built up with Minnesota. They’ve done a great job. They were in on him first and early and often. They are well within their contact limits, and they do a good job making sure that Jeff knows where he stands with them and their staff.

“They’ve never left me guessing or him. And in terms of a relationship already built and established, it’s going to be very hard for anybody to come in in the 13th hour and make up the ground they’ve already made up in the two, three years they’ve known the man.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/241411051.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

STrib: Washburn running back waiting 'til signing day to pick college

Asked for his gut feeling, Washburn coach Giovan Jenkins said, “I like the relationship that [Jones] has built up with Minnesota. They’ve done a great job. They were in on him first and early and often. They are well within their contact limits, and they do a good job making sure that Jeff knows where he stands with them and their staff.

“They’ve never left me guessing or him. And in terms of a relationship already built and established, it’s going to be very hard for anybody to come in in the 13th hour and make up the ground they’ve already made up in the two, three years they’ve known the man.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/241411051.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

That would be hard.

It's refreshing to hear the high school coach of a top in-state recruit speak highly of the U.

Yes I got the name wrong

I'm not sure who you're referencing here. Whalen did marry a former U golfer, but his name is Ben Greve.
I had the name wrong I was drawing a blank.
Isn't Glen Perkins married to a former dance team member or gymnast at the U?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just posted an update about what I'm hearing on the Jeff Jones front for our GI members. <a href="http://t.co/wwf9S6e7e3">http://t.co/wwf9S6e7e3</a></p>— Ryan Burns (@RyanBurnsGI) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanBurnsGI/statuses/426041470995267584">January 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Weird seeing Tennessee on jones list since they already have Jalen Hurd Signed, I think that shows he doesn't care about who is already on the roster. Which is kind of scary.

Weird seeing Tennessee on jones list since they already have Jalen Hurd Signed, I think that shows he doesn't care about who is already on the roster. Which is kind of scary.

I think he proved in the All-Star game that he's willing to accept all challengers. He was playing with and against the top rated kids in the country and he came out the MVP.
He totally out played the #1 RB recruit and in my opinion he's the best RB in this class.
He's not Emmit Smith by any stretch but look for him to be playing on Sundays in 3-4 years.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just posted an update about what I'm hearing on the Jeff Jones front for our GI members. <a href="http://t.co/wwf9S6e7e3">http://t.co/wwf9S6e7e3</a></p>— Ryan Burns (@RyanBurnsGI) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanBurnsGI/statuses/426041470995267584">January 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Said Fla and Michigan are both backing off Jones, both visits in jeopardy. Michigan moving on, and Fla in slow play mode.

Said Fla and Michigan are both backing off Jones, both visits in jeopardy. Michigan moving on, and Fla in slow play mode.

Eligibility concerns? Spots are already filled? They assume he is just a lock to MN? (in reverse order of preference)

His mother's friend said it was do to his play both in an out of the hazard area?

Sheesh...if the Gophers pull his scholarship, he won't have anywhere left to go...other than maybe Iowa St.

That was an obvious joke, simmer down.

Yep, no matter what the Gophers want this kid to commit if for nothing else then appearances being that he is the top kid in the state this year. The eligibility concerns would be a bit troubling given that he is not even taking the ACT until after signing day but still no way the Gophers would not recruit him like crazy in the hopes that it all works out.

?

Yep, Olympic triple jumper Shani Marks.

Yep, no matter what the Gophers want this kid to commit if for nothing else then appearances being that he is the top kid in the state this year. The eligibility concerns would be a bit troubling given that he is not even taking the ACT until after signing day but still no way the Gophers would not recruit him like crazy in the hopes that it all works out.

My understanding is his last score was almost a pass and he has 2 or 3 chances left. JJ is going to qualify - just hope he chooses the U.

My understanding is his last score was almost a pass and he has 2 or 3 chances left. JJ is going to qualify - just hope he chooses the U.

he needs to score one point higher then his previous score and he has 3 chances

Top Bottom