All things Players Coming and Going.

Nope. Please name the last player who committed to WMU who had an scholarship offer from the Gophers. And if you can find one... go a step further and name the last native Minnesotan who had an offer from the Gophs and went to WMU.
Jack Perbix transfered from the U to WMU.

It’s not 2000 anymore and kids are different.
Yes... "I want to grow up and play for Western Michigan"... Said no Minnesota youth hockey player ever. Not in 2000, not now. I get your point and I am not saying WMU isn't good. But I find it highly, highly, highly unlikely that Bump went to WMU if the Gophs were after him.

All signs pointing to the obvious:
Hendrickson and Clark both in.

This could have a cascade effect of some of Nevers/Townsend/Moore coming in a year before they probably should. But if there are no transfers it could work out.

Dream class for 2024:
Lose Nelson/Brodz/Snug
Gain Eiserman/Ziemer/Hagens
USHL for Nevers/Townsend/Moore

It’s not 2000 anymore and kids are different.
In what way are kids different? They are choosing WMU over the U? I guess I missed where that has become a significant trend. All indications seem to be Bump has some academic issues that limited his options.

In what way are kids different? They are choosing WMU over the U? I guess I missed where that has become a significant trend. All indications seem to be Bump has some academic issues that limited his options.
I had not read anything regarding his academics. I find it hard to believe that if the U wanted him they could not get him into college. Maybe I am just being naive.

Considering I remembered that coming up in his original recruitment, there is probably something there.

Lose Cooley, add a kid that played for St. John's.

The last player they were going to add was going to be a depth guy anyway. To expect a roster filled with top draft choices is a bit unrealistic. Bob has brought in a pretty solid pipeline of players since he has taken over. Moore, Rinzel, and Clark are 3 very, very good recruits and Rud and Begley will provide depth on the back end. Just need a step up from Kurth and Lamb this year. It always amazes me how some think they are smarter than the coach.

Well the Cooley part wasn't a coach decision.
That's right. And this wasn't exactly a swap of Cooley for Michel. I just meant that it's weird that they are taking a kid from St. Johns. Even if this is just a walk-on and a practice body who never is expected to see the ice, wouldn't you want the best players possible on your roster?

That's right. And this wasn't exactly a swap of Cooley for Michel. I just meant that it's weird that they are taking a kid from St. Johns. Even if this is just a walk-on and a practice body who never is expected to see the ice, wouldn't you want the best players possible on your roster?
According to the basketball board it's impossible to keep everyone happy, you need 6-7 kids who aren't good just to balance the roster 🤣

Austen Swankler enters the portal and people on GPL already emotionally hedging "We don't want him."

Austen Swankler enters the portal and people on GPL already emotionally hedging "We don't want him."
I assume that comes with the idea that he might be swept up in the scandal they have going on right now.

If he's one of the three suspended sure. The three will become public at some point.

If he's one of the three suspended sure. The three will become public at some point.
I'd like to hear more about this as I had not heard anything about any suspensions... living in Ca might be why I haven't heard, but you have me very curious now!

It has since been reported he is not one of the suspended players. You have 14 forwards. You make space for a top 5 returning scorer in the country. If we don't another top team will.

McGroarty staying

If Casey and Hughes stay they're gonna be loaded again and maybe a better top 6 and top 9 than this year.

McGroarty/Casey/Hughes/Soph Moldenhauer/Soph Schifsky
+ incoming Hage/Gridin/Humphreys
+ probably Whitelaw and maybe more from the portal

Last edited:

Top Bottom