All things Players Coming and Going.

If losing Barto is the price for bringing back Close and keeping Airey, I can live with it. Though as it sits now he will have a chance to come back to Dinkytown and fight for playing time after next year.

Try to flip Adam Gajan for 24-25 so we don't need to think about the starting goalie until 27-28.

I get the feeling Bob has something up his sleeve. At the same time the flyer SF took on Hendrickson might not mean much at all.

We know he's willing to roll with 14 forwards (did it last year) but I really think they should bring in two more instead of only one more.

Either he's:
Working on getting Eiserman in
Brewing something with a Whitelaw/Jack Hughes type
Doing one of the above and will fall back to Hendrickson as needed
Maybe add a MN HS type walk on as 15th forward (if Schmidt is moving on)

The suspense is killer.
Apparently Bob said on a podcast they're not going to touch the portal again this year... The above is now more like:
Brewing something with Whitelaw
Fall back to Clark as needed

Side note Staudacher should have stayed. He would be the 7th D man and playing in most games over Rud and Begley. You suit up 7D instead of 16F so if one gets kicked out you aren't in trouble.

Apparently Bob said on a podcast they're not going to touch the portal again this year... The above is now more like:

Side note Staudacher should have stayed. He would be the 7th D man and playing in most games over Rud and Begley. You suit up 7D instead of 16F so if one gets kicked out you aren't in trouble.
Staudacher would be a top 6 on this team, he’s better than Fish.

How could Whitelaw come in with the portal closed? Not sure this is possible?

How could Whitelaw come in with the portal closed? Not sure this is possible?
Season hasn’t started yet so he’s saying flip his commitment, not technically transfer, but regardless badger instagram posted a pic of him moving in the other week so it might be too late for that.

Season hasn’t started yet so he’s saying flip his commitment, not technically transfer, but regardless badger instagram posted a pic of him moving in the other week so it might be too late for that.
Helping him move out of the UW freshman dorms over to the UM campus might be the greatest flip of all flips. 😁

Not sure if this thread is meant to be gophers only, but Fantilli is going pro leaving the window wide open for the gophers to win a 3rd straight big ten title.

If I do end up going back to school at the beginning of next season, when World Junior time comes around, I’m most likely going to play in the World Juniors; I’m just not going to camp this summer,” Cooley said. “Winning a gold medal is one of the reasons I’d want to go back. We came close last year, but taking bronze is not exactly what I wanted. I’d want to win a gold medal for my country.”

The start of that quote — If I do end up going back to school — also warranted elaboration.

“For right now, I’m on track for going back and helping Minnesota win a national championship and continuing to grow my game,” he said. “But I’m still gonna evaluate some things. I don’t want the media to go crazy thinking that I’m not going back to school, but there’s a little bit of thought to put into it.”

Okay.

If I do end up going back to school at the beginning of next season, when World Junior time comes around, I’m most likely going to play in the World Juniors; I’m just not going to camp this summer,” Cooley said. “Winning a gold medal is one of the reasons I’d want to go back. We came close last year, but taking bronze is not exactly what I wanted. I’d want to win a gold medal for my country.”

The start of that quote — If I do end up going back to school — also warranted elaboration.

“For right now, I’m on track for going back and helping Minnesota win a national championship and continuing to grow my game,” he said. “But I’m still gonna evaluate some things. I don’t want the media to go crazy thinking that I’m not going back to school, but there’s a little bit of thought to put into it.”

Okay.
the beat writer is all over twitter saying he's coming back to the U with the plan to then sign as soon as the season is over this year

Bump would be a great add. Problem is he'd have to be willing to come in and play a bottom 6 role this year most likely.

If you're too good to play a bottom six role as a freshman on a title contender, I don't want you.

There will be tons of opportunity in the future as no forward commit is a sure fire top 6 guy other than Eiserman. Clark/Hendrickson/Nevers/Townsend/J Moore/Ziemer all look like middle 6 guys.

Gophers status as a sure fire contender just went down the drain. Tampa meltdown stings even worse.

Convenient timing with fall enrollment deadline fast approaching. Go get him Bob.

Jack Hughes to BU as the two Boston schools battle for pre-season favorite.

I recall maybe hearing academics weren't exactly a strong suit.

Regardless, leaves the Gopher forward situation in the same mess. 12 forwards on August 14. Hendrickson will come in and look like a fish out of water for at least half a season because he's not ready for the jump.

Would have been fun to see him here but, the Gophs must not have wanted him very much. No offense to WMU, but you do not sign there if U of MN is interested. I'll trust the coaches on this stuff.
Western has a pretty good program heading into this year and would not surprise me if they are at the frozen 4. They are not going to lose many games, but the SOS will be poor.

Western has a pretty good program heading into this year and would not surprise me if they are at the frozen 4. They are not going to lose many games, but the SOS will be poor.
I am sure that's true. But I'll reiterate my opinion... we didn't lose a recruit or a transfer we wanted to WMU. Especially a hometown kid.

I am sure that's true. But I'll reiterate my opinion... we didn't lose a recruit or a transfer we wanted to WMU. Especially a hometown kid.
You're overestimating the power of being the U.

You're overestimating the power of being the U.
Nope. Please name the last player who committed to WMU who had an scholarship offer from the Gophers. And if you can find one... go a step further and name the last native Minnesotan who had an offer from the Gophs and went to WMU.

Top Bottom