All Things New Williams Arena Ticket Program - Seat Selection Guide, Dates, Results

Thanks GW. Still can't get the darn thing to work. I don' get anything that says "copy link location" after I right click on hockey's select your seats. ... am I supposed to?

The exact wording depends on your browser.

FireFox uses "Copy Link Location"

Internet Explorer uses "Copy Shortcut"

MyGopherSports.com now has the "select your seats" link working under the Gopher Basketball section of "check your Gopher Points"
Much easier than my previous instructions!

1st seat selection date for men's basketball?

Now that we can view the seat selection site, has the very 1st date of the seat selection process been announced yet (I'm too lazy to look through this whole thread)? Want to know when we can go to the site to start finding out which seats are disappearing leading up to our selection dates. Thanks in advance.

Many seats chosen yesterday . . .

Many seats chosen yesterday . . .

Looks like Section 104 (Rows 2-7) all got gobbled up right away. Those are the $250 seats right behind the tunnel where the Gophers enter The Barn near their bench.

And not surprisingly, the midcourt seats in Sections 106 and 116 ($400) appear to be very popular early, especially in 106.

Here’s the scoop, SS. We have been sitting in Section 107, which we like because it is behind the visitor’s bench and we enjoy watching the opposing coaches and players during the game.

So, we elected to stay in Section 107, and we had hoped to move to aisle seats to improve our view of the other end of the court. However, as you’ve probably noticed, aisle seats are very popular, so the best we could do is move closer to the aisle. We selected seats 6-9 in Row 7 (the aisle seat is seat 4), one row behind where we had been sitting.

The only “glitch” we encountered was that the online Account Summary that appeared after we had finalized our selections showed that our “Annual Gift” was $1,875 instead of $1,600. However, the email confirmation we subsequently received showed the correct amount of $1,600. We’ll see what the online invoice shows when it is available on Saturday.

I appreciate the update, gopheraddict. All things considered, it sounds like it turned out OK for you. I'm finding it rather fascinating watching which seats are disappearing, which ones are remaining available.

I appreciate the update, gopheraddict. All things considered, it sounds like it turned out OK for you. I'm finding it rather fascinating watching which seats are disappearing, which ones are remaining available.

Curious to know if the $100 premium seats are going yet. Doesn't sound like it yet. I have not checked on line and don't plan to until my day is nearer, but I was told the Minnesota "show pool" effect (apparently happened in football) might knock off the cheap premium seats quickly. We'll see.

My seat is already taken. Dang it.

Still completely undecided on what my row preference is.

My seat is already taken. Dang it.

Still completely undecided on what my row preference is.

just avoid the "drip line" in which you will get spilled on from the upper deck, by accident, of course.

A new buyer is released into the system every 5 minutes, right?

I am quite surprised how quickly the $400 seats are going compared to the $250 seats.

A new buyer is released into the system every 5 minutes, right?

Not sure about that, but I was told yesterday by someone from GopherPoints that roughly 150-175 are selecting per day.

I'm pleasantly surprised what's still available a week into this thing. Still a lot of quality seats remaining, but I still have a couple weeks + before I get to select so that could all change quickly.

Ah...it says in the guide that "you may share a time slot with another account".

Just spoke to the office.

They are currently releasing 72 ticket holders into the system each day. One every 5 minutes.

As they get further into the process, that number will rise.

My take:
Clearly, they are doing this because, as we all know, the people with the high priority are Luddites and are probably all showing up in person at their specified time with cash. As they get farther down the priority list, they are getting to the hip crowd full of people who are renewing in their iPhones.

The $400 seats are going quickly and the zero contribution seats are hardly going at all. Were the people who said they would not contribute to renew bluffing or were they the people who select in June and will have limited contribution seats available anyway?

just avoid the "drip line" in which you will get spilled on from the upper deck, by accident, of course.

Holy Man or others, do you know which row(s) fall in the "drip line"? I remember occasionally getting dripped on in I believe Row 15 of Section 102, but I'm not sure if the drip line hits the same row(s) all the way around the arena or is different on the sides than on the ends. Row 17 in Section 116 was glaringly empty as of last night, so perhaps that's the reason? Thank you.

As someone who doesn't select for another 2 weeks, I'm hoping as many of the $400s get selected, as possible. In a perfect world am hoping to have several good $100 options to choose from when it's my turn, and as a fallback maybe even a few of the quality $250s.

The last scenario I want is being forced to choose between "crappy" $250s or a non-chairback. (knock on wood)

wondering why so many front row seats are being taken so late. . . it is truly a special experience down there.

Actually, the first row of benches isn't bad seating. You get extra legroom because the seats are in front of you. You can still see everything.

I'd like a full bio or at least the height and weight of the people sitting in each seat. This would help in the selection process.

Jason--as the original creator/founder of GopherHole, how can you possibly be considered a junior member? :D

Jason--as the original creator/founder of GopherHole, how can you possibly be considered a junior member? :D

+1 Its like the Godfather walked into the room and nobody noticed. Kids today..

Top Bottom