All Things NCAA Transfers and NBA declaration

Who do you want?

I wish I would have never even heard this Martin news, now I'm going to be disappointed when he ends up somewhere like Indiana or Kansas.

Another guy in addition to Martin. I'm hoping to land Martin, but I hope that's not who Tommy was talking about. I think its rather obvious that it's who Gameday was talking about, however, Tommy was i think 90% certain of his where Gameday wasn't as positive.

I just want the roster set in the worst way. Want to move onto 2015 recruiting so its not considered "spring" recruits anymore. The quicker we can move our focus to that the better.

Another guy in addition to Martin. I'm hoping to land Martin, but I hope that's not who Tommy was talking about. I think its rather obvious that it's who Gameday was talking about, however, Tommy was i think 90% certain of his where Gameday wasn't as positive.

I just want the roster set in the worst way. Want to move onto 2015 recruiting so its not considered "spring" recruits anymore. The quicker we can move our focus to that the better.

So you don't have a specific player you are hoping for?

I also would love for the roster to shore up here soon, but remember its not just one guy that Minnesota is hard after. There are twists and turns in the recruitment of HS/college players so nothing is ever set in stone. All we can do right now is sit back and wait! The best thing we can do for ourselves as Gopher fans is to relax and take a break from trying to read into the situation(s). If any big news comes, it's just a bonus! My gut feeling though is that we'll get some good news in April! :)

Btw, don't jump the gun on Justin Martin. He's just another recruit at this point I'm told! Martin is one to keep an eye on going forward, however nothing close to imminent there I guess.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Updated 2014 Transfer List now at 350 "student-athletes" I love that term: <a href="http://t.co/1mkqi33me8">http://t.co/1mkqi33me8</a></p>— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/statuses/456073476148056064">April 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Btw, don't jump the gun on Justin Martin. He's just another recruit at this point I'm told! Martin is one to keep an eye on going forward, however nothing close to imminent there I guess.

So that's not who you and Tommy were referring to yesterday?

Maybe time for another Dr. Don trip back to his youth? After reading about almost neutering himself, I wonder if he has a story about finally opening his Christmas presents only to be disappointed ... or thrilled? Might help some of these lads cope. Come to think of it, Royce White could be like that bike you were hoping for. Thrilled at getting it, but after the ride, you wish you had never gotten it because of the pain.

how is it that Bryce Dejean Jones was able to declare he's transferring to ISU then?

It's up to the institution to grant the release. Bryce was granted the release to talk to other teams even though he is still enrolled at UNLV and will be taking summer classes there. Xavier wont grant a release until Justin completes his work.

Michigan takes a big hit today... Staukus and robinson.. No longer favorite to win Big ten... Wis should be the favorite now.

Michigan takes a big hit today... Staukus and robinson.. No longer favorite to win Big ten... Wis should be the favorite now.

They really won't be in good sitting if McGary goes to the NBA. That will leave them without really any capable frontcourt players, or even a SF for that matter. They'd have Levert, Walton, and Irving, but not much more.

Doesn't Cauley-Stein staying at UK create a huge log jam?

Willie Cauley-Stein, Dakari Johnson, Marcus Lee, Karl Towns all play center, plus Trey Lyles as a true 4. HUGE logjam in the frontcourt, with very little depth elsewhere.

Anyone know if Kaminsky is coming back for the skunks or if he's even considering leaving?

He announced he is staying

I also would love for the roster to shore up here soon, but remember its not just one guy that Minnesota is hard after. There are twists and turns in the recruitment of HS/college players so nothing is ever set in stone. All we can do right now is sit back and wait! The best thing we can do for ourselves as Gopher fans is to relax and take a break from trying to read into the situation(s). If any big news comes, it's just a bonus! My gut feeling though is that we'll get some good news in April! :)

I hear voices in my head too! I just don't go around advertising it.

I hear voices in my head too! I just don't go around advertising it.

Why rip? There is lots going on right now. Remember that we are dealing with 22 year old guys or younger. They tend to be indecisive. Gameday has some legit contacts. He is just passing along info.

Why rip? There is lots going on right now. Remember that we are dealing with 22 year old guys or younger. They tend to be indecisive. Gameday has some legit contacts. He is just passing along info.
Hey TF any news on that big commitment?

Hey TF any news on that big commitment?

Wish I did, but nothing yet. I do have some updates though. Amelia is right, Konate is well in the mix. I assumed that Gaston took his spot, but I guess he is a pf that can play center, depending on matchups. Ryan Johnson is a serious consideration for a shooter, but there are a handful of others. I am still hearing that we will not exceed four freshmen, but that may change with Ryan Johnson. If Konate commits, Buggs future is in question, which is not a surprise

Wish I did, but nothing yet. I do have some updates though. Amelia is right, Konate is well in the mix. I assumed that Gaston took his spot, but I guess he is a pf that can play center, depending on matchups. Ryan Johnson is a serious consideration for a shooter, but there are a handful of others. I am still hearing that we will not exceed four freshmen, but that may change with Ryan Johnson. If Konate commits, Buggs future is in question, which is not a surprise

What about with your preverbial lock? Your initial comment was in the next few days, which I believe you made on Monday. I demand results!

Same situation as Gameday?

What about with your preverbial lock? Your initial comment was in the next few days, which I believe you made on Monday. I demand results!

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess things were looking great, but then he decided he wanted to return to St. John's.

....am I close?

A commitment is still in store, but not the player who I initially thought it was. I don't think it will come within a couple of days, but it's all lined up. It's still a guy that sources consider to be impactful.

A commitment is still in store, but not the player who I initially thought it was. I don't think it will come within a couple of days, but it's all lined up. It's still a guy that sources consider to be impactful.
Who was the initial player?

I'm pretty sure one of the guys set to commit is Lofton, I'm also told they're hopeful he can play next season but not certain or banking on it.
If this is true, in guessing it will be official by next week.

Top Bottom