All Things Kyle Washington Thread - UPDATED (9/23): Commits to North Carolina State

Agree with this. JP is an elite athlete, but he's not a very skilled basketball player. His athleticism had stood out for years, but his game has not progressed much.

Rodney much?

Twitter update from Ryan James:

"Notre Dame has offered Kyle Washington while UCONN is now recruiting him hard after coming to his workouts"

Also somewhat related in that it's regarding a 2013 PF prospect. From NY2LA:

"2013 PF Ted Friedman of Ankeny HS (IA) is set to visit Nebraska this wknd, Wisconsin Oct 1st, UNI Oct 8th, and Minnesota Oct 29th"

Hopefully he has a lot of MN pride. Sounds like he's developing into a big-time recruit.

Hmmm. Reminds me more of

Dan Coleman. Which also isn't a bad thing (although, perhaps, not a great thing). Doesn't seem to have the lean, raw athleticism of Jerry Holman. He seems a little mechanical, but shows good hands and the ability to keep his pivot in traffic and get shots up (and down - though I realize it's a highlight video).

From Ryan James:

"Louisville offered Kyle Washington this evening"

From Ryan James:

"Louisville offered Kyle Washington this evening"

Really unfortunate that Bo beat Tubby to the punch on Washington, although both seemed to be the first two to offer. Hopefully Tubby is able to land him, he seems like a very good "Tubby-Type" player, in that he is long and has the tools to be a good defender.

He would be a pretty good fit for Wisconsin though too. All depends on his preferances obviously though.

From Ryan James:

"West Virginia offered Kyle Washington tonight. Not VA, WV as in Bobby Huggins"

Washington's offer list, which now includes UW, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Louisville and WV, is rather impressive.

WVU again

Hmmm, up against Huggs and their contrasting style of play and tempo...I guess we've got no shot.

Sarcasm...right? Please?

Yep. Stemming from a long thread about Wally. My only hope is that you missed the reference because you're busy writing your next post for FTB (I'm starved for Gopher basketball).

yes, sarcasm

I've never been comfotable with those smiley face animated things.

Yep. Stemming from a long thread about Wally. My only hope is that you missed the reference because you're busy writing your next post for FTB (I'm starved for Gopher basketball).

I remember that thread well. I was more concerned I'd have to "drop some knowledge" or what ever kids call it these days.

I'm working Minnesota's relationship with the three pointer last year. Should be something to mull over this weekend.

I'm working Minnesota's relationship with the three pointer last year. Should be something to mull over this weekend.

It was a painful thing to watch at times this "relationship". If I remember correctly, the basket we defended was as big as the ocean and the one we shot at was about the size of an aspirin tablet. A bad combo...doomed.

It was a painful thing to watch at times this "relationship". If I remember correctly, the basket we defended was as big as the ocean and the one we shot at was about the size of an aspirin tablet. A bad combo...doomed.

It'll be up in 5 minutes. The relationship was abusive.

Chris Monter Q&A: Kyle Washington Talks Prep School And High Major Offers

Kyle Washington, a 6-foot-9 junior who transferred from St. Louis Park (MN) Benilde St. Margaret’s to Lakeville (CT) Hotchkiss, has picked many major basketball offers since being reclassified as a member of the Class of 2013. GopherHole.com caught up with Washington Saturday evening to learn the latest on his recruitment.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1577

"@ISURecruitLists: 2013 PF Kyle Washington (Hotchkiss, CT) is being watched by Pitt, Villanova & Northwestern tonight per @TheRecruitScoop"

Go Gophers!!

Haven't been hearing much about him, he'd be another awesome pick up for 2013.

Tweet from Marcus:

"Gophers watched former BSM big man Kyle Washington play in Connecticut this week. How excited would you be if he stayed home?"

Go Gophers!!

"RT @ISURecruitLists: Wisconsin is expected to have 2013 SG Matt Thomas (Onalaska, WI) & 2013 PF Kyle Washington at their game today."

Go Gophers!!

"RT @ISURecruitLists: Wisconsin is expected to have 2013 SG Matt Thomas (Onalaska, WI) & 2013 PF Kyle Washington at their game today.

Washington and Thomas are both in the Kohl Center this morning. Big day for UW, both with Senior Day on the court and a few recruiting priorities on hand to observe. Thomas and Washington are probably two of their top three priorities in 2013, and their only 2012 guy (forward Sheldon Jeter from PA) is also in town this weekend. Sam Dekker (and hopefully Bronson Koenig) will be on hand to assist.

Tweet from Marcus Fuller:

"Fans hoping to see Kyle Washington play with Tyus Jones this wk will be disappointed. KW won't be with Howard Pulley's main team until June."

Go Gophers!!

If Washington is going to be in Minnesota regardless, why in the world is he not playing in the EYBL? Why is he switching teams to play in a worse tournament with less competition and less exposure? Does he want to be the only frontcourt player on the team and is switching because Manyang joined the team? What's the problem?

Kyle Washington on Minnesota: "I have a great relationship with the coaches."
By Chris Monter

Gopher Hole: What are you hearing from the Gophers?

Kyle Washington: I’m hearing that they would like me 2012 or 2013. I have a great relationship with the coaches. It would be at home and I know everybody. I know Joe (Coleman). I know Rodney (Williams). I know the people coming in next year and I know what Tubby is all about, so it will be exciting. I just have to keep on taking visits.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/145436?referrer_id=388419

Tweet from @TheBadgerNation (scout)

"Kyle Washington on the #Badgers: '“I don’t see Wisconsin falling out of my top five, so I definitely see them being heavily involved'

Go Gophers!!

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN

Kyle Washington plans on summer unofficials to Louisville, Notre Dame, Baylor,and likely Cincinnati and Washington @MinnesotaRivals article

Top Bottom