All Things Jashon Cornell Thread: Cornell commits to Ohio St

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Word among sources is that Michigan State will be the choice.</p>— PiPress Tim Leighton (@Preps_Now) <a href="https://twitter.com/Preps_Now/statuses/484335445917335552">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
His sources suck, apparently.

MSU wouldn't have been a bad choice at all. Look at the defenses they've had and they are coming off a conference championship season that could have been more if not for bogus calls from the refs in the ND game. Either way, screw Urban.

Cornell still plans to take visits to Penn State and Michigan State in mid-July, but does not foresee any school swaying his decision.

"It will be really tough. I think I have my mind set," Cornell said. "I am taking those two visits out of respect to those coaches and telling them why I am going to Ohio State."

https://minnesota.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1655638

Cornell still plans to take visits to Penn State and Michigan State in mid-July, but does not foresee any school swaying his decision.

"I am taking those two visits out of respect to those coaches and telling them why I am going to Ohio State."

https://minnesota.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1655638

Translation? I'll take a couple free trips so I can be treated like royalty, while at the same time checking out how the chicks look on the Happy Valley and East Lansing campuses.

Translation? I'll take a couple free trips so I can be treated like royalty, while at the same time checking out how the chicks look on the Happy Valley and East Lansing campuses.

Nothing wrong with that.

However, his comments about why he didn't have the Gophers in his final list 'Because they stopped recruiting me these past couple weeks' is complete bull ****. Just say you wanted to go to a more established program. HS kid I suppose.

Here's Cornell talking about it: http://www.tout.com/m/efvpmd?ref=twjkv9kp

The trips should be on his dime if they occur in mid-July, official visits aren't allowed until he begins his senior year.

Three wishes:

1. I wish Cornell a very successful injury free football career at tOSU and a degree.

2. I wish the Gophers do not lose any game to tOSU while Cornell is there.

3. I wish the Gophers have a player at the same position that is drafted higher into the NFL than Cornell.

That's all.

Cornell can go to Hell! I don't care what happens to him. That applies to any Minnesota kid that turns down the Gophers for another B1G school.

Cornell can go to Hell! I don't care what happens to him. That applies to any Minnesota kid that turns down the Gophers for another B1G school.

It's rational perspectives like this that really restore my faith in humanity.

Three wishes:

1. I wish Cornell <strike>a very successful</strike> an extremely unsuccessful injury free football career at tOSU and a degree.

2. I wish the Gophers do not lose any game to tOSU while Cornell is there.

3. I wish the Gophers have a player at the same position that is drafted higher into the NFL than Cornell.

That's all.

Close, but with one change as listed above. I hope he is never injured and that he gets his degree, but I also hope that he is a terrible football player and never leaves the sideline.

I can't believe some of you wanted him to go to Notre Dame especially after all of the guys they have stolen from us. If you are a true college football fan then you never root for Notre Dame In anything. I can at least root for Cornell in the non conference and bowl games representing the Big Ten but for some reason gopher fans care the least about conference affiliation much more so than any other Big Ten fanbase or any BCS fanbase really.

I hope he gets ink toxicity from all the free tats football players scam in Columbus.

I can't believe some of you wanted him to go to Notre Dame especially after all of the guys they have stolen from us. If you are a true college football fan then you never root for Notre Dame In anything. I can at least root for Cornell in the non conference and bowl games representing the Big Ten but for some reason gopher fans care the least about conference affiliation much more so than any other Big Ten fanbase or any BCS fanbase really.

Just for review, here is the correct order for where a top player should go to school:

1. Minnesota
2. Any school outside the B1G except ND
3. Any school in the B1G except Iowa or Wisconsin
4. ND
5. Iowa
6. Wisconsin

The Big Ten needs top recruits, the lack of respect is embarrassing and i'm sick of the SEC dominating us.

Couldn't agree more. I hope we never let those f'ing lil' elves in our conference! Cheer for Minnesota first, B1G teams second excluding WI & IA if you want, everybody else third, and lastly ND.

Couldn't agree more. I hope we never let those f'ing lil' elves in our conference! Cheer for Minnesota first, B1G teams second excluding WI & IA if you want, everybody else third, and lastly ND.

Agree 100% except i'd also add any SEC team second to last

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>“If (former Washburn running back and Gophers recruit) Jeff Jones can figure his stuff out, I’m excited to tackle him," Jashon Cornell said.</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/484392227486310401">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

Shots fired! haha. I'm guessing they are friends, and he is just having some fun.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>“If (former Washburn running back and Gophers recruit) Jeff Jones can figure his stuff out, I’m excited to tackle him," Jashon Cornell said.</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/484392227486310401">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

Shots fired! haha. I'm guessing they are friends, and he is just having some fun.

Its not smack talk

I hope not, b/c if it is, it's terrible.

Back on the topic of his commitment, I can't say I really blame him for going to Ohio St. And like others have said, I like that he didn't drag out the Gophers staff with a sense of hope.

And Jeff will be excited to run over your azz.

I don't understand all the people ripping on this kid. He didn't drag the Gophers along, didn't commit to a rival but instead a more prestigious school.

A more prestigious school? You're kidding right. A better football program sure but OSU isn't on a higher level with anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the minority here, but I actually don't mind when an in-state kid commits to another Big10 school. It doesn't hurt the U in any way since they (Ohio St) is going to land top recruits no matter what.

The Minnesota vs. OSU games just became a little bit more intriguing and I now have some background knowledge of a player on the Buckeyes roster. Because rivalries are entertaining, and ultimately sports is entertainment, whatever makes the games more fun I'm completely OK with it.

I would argue that good players not going to the U hurts the U, but perhaps that's just me.

I'll take the bait.

First of all..."good player" is still to be determined. Second of all, if you are going to quote me, please use my entire sentence to keep it in context. It's important. For example, if I take your quote as it is written, then I am to assume you believe that when the top player in the country commits to LSU that hurts Minnesota?

Now, back to Cornell and "losing" him to OSU...maybe I should expand and clarify my stance. We are talking about prospects here. Lets say Cornell committed to Alabama. OSU simply says, "next up?" and is still likely to land a highly recruited defensive end that may or may not turn out to be better than Cornell. That is my point. Because they land top recruits annually,whether it's Cornell or another top prospect has no immediate relevance to the success or failure of Minnesota. He may turn into a stud and sack Mitch Leidner 7 times in 1 game, or he might not. Same goes for all of their other top recruits. To say his commitment hurts Minnesota, is a little premature, and misguided. Either way, hindsight will be 20/20 and I'm sure you will remind me years from now if he blows up the Gopher O-Line and we lose by 40. However, keep in mind it's just as likely that he'll be a non factor in a game where their other 5 star recruit throws for 6 td's.

Top Bottom