All Things Jashon Cornell Thread: Cornell commits to Ohio St

Interesting that Penn State and UCLA are in the mix. I've never seen him show much interest to them. All 5 of those spots are better than him going to ND. And Jashon did tell the MN daily 2 weeks ago that Minnesota would likely be in his top 3. As for the title of the thread OSU being in the Cornell mix when have they not been? Old news and not worthy of a new thread.

You'd rather Cornell go to a Big Ten school like MSU, Michigan, PSU, or OSU rather than Notre Dame? If any local stud doesn't come to Minnesota I want him out of the Big Ten Conference.

You'd rather Cornell go to a Big Ten school like MSU, Michigan, PSU, or OSU rather than Notre Dame? If any local stud doesn't come to Minnesota I want him out of the Big Ten Conference.

Yes. If they aren't going to Minnesota I at least want them to go to a Big Ten school besides Wisconsin and help out this conference and i can root for them in a bowl game or non conference games. The Big Ten should not be losing elite midwest prospects to conferences like the SEC. Plus its Notre Dame, i hate them more than Wisconsin.

FWIW, if he's not interested in Minnesota, I'd rather he play at Cornell College at Mt. Vernon, Iowa than in the Big 10.

Go Gophers!!

The refernce to Ohio State University made in the title is officially banned. Please stop supporting the pompous Buckeyes by repeating their obnoxious phrase.

The refernce to Ohio State University made in the title is officially banned. Please stop supporting the pompous Buckeyes by repeating their obnoxious phrase.

He can't help it. He's a Buckeye Football fan.

Yes. If they aren't going to Minnesota I at least want them to go to a Big Ten school besides Wisconsin and help out this conference and i can root for them in a bowl game or non conference games. The Big Ten should not be losing elite midwest prospects to conferences like the SEC. Plus its Notre Dame, i hate them more than Wisconsin.

Well you don't hate Wisconsin enough then if that's the case.

FWIW, if he's not interested in Minnesota, I'd rather he play at Cornell College at Mt. Vernon, Iowa than in the Big 10.

Go Gophers!!

My niece won two NCAA Track and Field championships when the NCAAs were held there. Nice dorms.

Shows on rivals that he has no interest in minnesota. I hope he goes to ND if anything now.

If he goes some place else I hope it's Alabama. Out of the conference and he'd have a chance to win a national title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If not Minnesota, any place except the BIG, especially Iowa or Wisconsin. Its painful to see home state guys come back into TCF and play against our Gophers.

I hope if he doesn't come here its any place except Alabama or ND. 2 kids in a row going to Bama from MN. That is torture. Will probably go to MSU, OSU, UM though.

If not Minnesota, any place except the BIG, especially Iowa or Wisconsin. Its painful to see home state guys come back into TCF and play against our Gophers.

It'll be OK when we beat those teams. Having Minnesota kids go to NDSU and USD and come beat us is... without words. If it isn't the Gophers, I wish him the best if it is out of the B1G.

Jashon will announce his college of choice on Wednesday of next week. Probably good to get it over before the season starts.

Seems like a lot of the steam is indicating OSU, and that was also where he took his last unofficial. I'd be curious to see where he stated that he'll decide that soon, as it still says on 247 that he plans to announce August 28.

Painful to see a hometown guy not have Minnesota in the final, but instead 3 other B10 teams.

STrib: Cornell to name his college Wednesday morning on ESPN

Cretin-Derham Hall defensive end Jashon Cornell will announce his college decision Wednesday morning on ESPN, and according to 247Sports.com, the five finalists are Iowa, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Penn State.

Cretin-Derham Hall coach Mike Scanlan said in an e-mail that Cornell will announce his decision at the high school at 9 a.m. Cornell and Cincinnati St. Xavier linebacker Justin Hilliard will be making their announcements at the same time, and much of the speculation has them choosing Ohio State.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/265125641.html#bf4SXL63aIYyyZRw.97

Go Gophers!!

2nd coming of James Onwualu..
over-hyped in summer camps.. but when the pads go on, no impact ( except against cupcakes like Park).

Onwualu had offers coming out of his ears.. and dboy was told "so you know more than D1 recruiting coordinators? "

I guess I do... and Cornell will not be missed any more than James 'who'.

Cornell has too high a center of gravity.. teams will run right at him.. he's too 'thin legged' to play 'D' and honestly doesn't even look that athletic.. he's another summer camp flavor of the month.

Cornell and his buddy claim they will"shock the world" with their announcement. Just like Tyus and Okafor shocked the world I'm guessing. 247 essentially has them going to OSU at 100%. The easy way is to go is to a helmut school and become a cog in the machine. There is not one hint of a "shock" with that approach. I agree, once they surprise everyone and announce they will become part of the lauded academic mecca of Buckeye Nation it is time to move on. (If they truly want the best academic experience they will sign with Northwestern)

2nd coming of James Onwualu..
over-hyped in summer camps.. but when the pads go on, no impact ( except against cupcakes like Park).

Onwualu had offers coming out of his ears.. and dboy was told "so you know more than D1 recruiting coordinators? "

I guess I do... and Cornell will not be missed any more than James 'who'.

Cornell has too high a center of gravity.. teams will run right at him.. he's too 'thin legged' to play 'D' and honestly doesn't even look that athletic.. he's another summer camp flavor of the month.
26 TFLs, 14 sacks as a sophomore is much more than no impact. Also being a 6-3, 260-270 pound DE would hamper you're performance in a camp type setting and improve it once the pads go on as opposed to a 6-6, 230 pound DE. Not the other way around.

Great. He's considering half the freaking Big Ten but not his home state school. I'm not usually one to get all worked up about where some 17 year old kid decides to go to school, but this does piss me off.

Great. He's considering half the freaking Big Ten but not his home state school. I'm not usually one to get all worked up about where some 17 year old kid decides to go to school, but this does piss me off.

If he had us on his list everyone would just be saying it's lip service...

Top Bottom