***ALL THINGS JALEN SUGGS THREAD*** UPDATED 9/22: Gophers Offer Scholarship

Cmon Suggs, Minnesota is the place for you. Hometown crowd, close to family, plenty of players used MN as a stepping stone to NBA, build your local brand before making a run at a national career, future business opportunities, play at the barn, great coaching, opportunity to also play football ;).

Having worked with the NFL and traveled with pro teams I can tell you that once you get to pro level that the whirlwind, that is pro sports, will give you all you can handle from a "see-the-world" standpoint. Hedge your bet by building some local equity. You will not regret it and it will pay you back in the future if you ever need it.

For me there is nothing too it. He has 3 wonderful local kids on this great roster and i could care less where they come from.

I'm with you 100% on this one builtbadgers. It's a lazy take and doesn't reflect the reality of the upper echelon of recruits.

For me there is nothing too it. He has 3 wonderful local kids on this great roster and i could care less where they come from.
4 minutes into the Purdue game, I was asking for a kid from Europe that can shoot like the kid from Purdue.
Then Gabe started banking in 3's

So he is going to college. Why not here if it is one year and announcing in that environment.

I'm surprised he is going to college. Wouldn't be announcing otherwise...right? But I think you and I both know why it wouldn't be Minnesota.

Personally wouldn't be bothered much by Gonzaga. As long as he avoids UNC, Kansas, Syracuse, LSU, Arizona, Kentucky.
I admit bias here, I went to a WCC school

If Suggs would commit it would change the total landscape for future Minnesota players as well as others across the country. I feel we have a better momentum going with Minnesota kids staying home. But with Suggs committing this would start a big trend.

The phrase is "I couldn't care less". Not "I could care less".

The latter means there is some level of caring, deeper down than your current level of caring, that you could employ.

The phrase is "I couldn't care less". Not "I could care less".

The latter means there is some level of caring, deeper down than your current level of caring, that you could employ.
Thank you. My entire professional career i have been saved by a executive secretary. At least i did not lose my fan card to the fan police.

If Suggs would commit it would change the total landscape for future Minnesota players as well as others across the country. I feel we have a better momentum going with Minnesota kids staying home. But with Suggs committing this would start a big trend.

This same thing has been said about a dozen other guys that played at the U; and it really didn't change any landscape.

Maybe you could make a case for Sam Jacobson, until they were caught cheating.

At Minnehaha right now. Holy shit. Got here at 4. Barely got a seat in the regular bleachers.

No intel on Suggs. Maybe Kuminga and Chet will be a package deal with him—all donning maroon and gold?

At Minnehaha right now. Holy shit. Got here at 4. Barely got a seat in the regular bleachers.

No intel on Suggs. Maybe Kuminga and Chet will be a package deal with him—all donning maroon and gold?
do whatever you can to make this happen!

You have a better shot of being hit by lightning and winning the Powerball tonight than Suggs picking the Gophers. He's going to Gonzaga, unless he opts to go overseas for a year before turning pro. I don't even know why Paul Biancardi of ESPN put out a top five for Suggs involving the Gophers. He's not staying home.

do whatever you can to make this happen!
Suggs was unreal in game 1. Minnehaha blew out park Center.

second game has a lot of size and notable names.

Wade, James, Odom, MUTOMBO! Pair of 7ft Asian kids, #1 junior in the nation, handful of other D1 guys.

You have a better shot of being hit by lightning and winning the Powerball tonight than Suggs picking the Gophers. He's going to Gonzaga, unless he opts to go overseas for a year before turning pro. I don't even know why Paul Biancardi of ESPN put out a top five for Suggs involving the Gophers. He's not staying home.

Sadly, you may be overly optimistic.

RJ, the authority on Gopher basketball recruiting, is in Rochester tonight watching Mayo. That should tell you everything you need to know about where Jalen Suggs is headed. He'd be at Minnehaha tonight if there was ANY chance Suggs was staying home.

How about this to illustrate the odds of the gophers gaining a recruit tonight : there is a greater chance a tar heel attends class regularly or a jayhawk coach puts on a family friendly opening night public practice. Yes, odds are that long.

Then I had to watch the Badgers take down OH State tonight with a roster full of MN kids. :cry:

How about this to illustrate the odds of the gophers gaining a recruit tonight : there is a greater chance a tar heel attends class regularly or a jayhawk coach puts on a family friendly opening night public practice. Yes, odds are that long.

IALTO. You can add the chance of the NCAA coming down hard on one of the Blue Bloods of college basketball for rules infractions. It ain't gonna happen.

I personally get less upset when we lose kids to a Duke/UNC/Gonzaga, those are clearly better programs, hard to blame kids going there. The frustrating ones are the Wisc, Xavier, Baylor ones. Those are the kids Pitino needs to get far more often

Or how about this one. Better chance of

I try to think like this, is difficult sometimes. I dont following gopher football that much. Wonder how Fleck does with Minnesota kids. I know you've said our local recruiting is mimicked in other states, so guess need to remember that.

I personally get less upset when we lose kids to a Duke/UNC/Gonzaga, those are clearly better programs, hard to blame kids going there. The frustrating ones are the Wisc, Xavier, Baylor ones. Those are the kids Pitino needs to get far more often
UW,XAVIER and Baylor are also vastly superior programs.

Top Bottom