***ALL THINGS JALEN SUGGS THREAD*** UPDATED 9/22: Gophers Offer Scholarship

Did people happen to watch the state football championship and see the effort Suggs had after getting injured early in the game and getting beat on the 2 point conversion to end the game?
Surprised to see the SMB head coach not in line congratulating the other team. What’s up with that?

Did people happen to watch the state football championship and see the effort Suggs had after getting injured early in the game and getting beat on the 2 point conversion to end the game?
Surprised to see the SMB head coach not in line congratulating the other team. What’s up with that?
No, fill us in.

Suggs got hurt. And played nearly every snap of the second half.
He got beat on the final play for the 2 point conversion. I think he injured himself diving as he was being held up by a trainer when the Rocori players came to shake his hand.
SMB coach shook hands with Rocori as well

is he coming to play bb at the U?
Likely Gonzaga or overseas, allegedly the only reason he has not already committed to Gonzaga is because he is scoping out the NBL and seeing how that works for hampton and ball

Suggs would net about $50K playing one year in the NBL with the new ncaa endorsement rule emerging, couldn't he pick up a local endorsement that pays him more than that?

Suggs to announce Jan. 4th
looks like it will be the Zags or Overseas.

Suggs would net about $50K playing one year in the NBL with the new ncaa endorsement rule emerging, couldn't he pick up a local endorsement that pays him more than that?

That new rule doesn't go into effect until 2022 or 2023 I'm pretty sure

Suggs carried Minnehaha tonight looks like Holmgrean was out. I thought it would be a chance for Aligbe and Carter to step up. Didn’t happen. Hopkins won.

NBL Players make 12k a month for minimum contracts. He would probably net more than 50k

NBL Players make 12k a month for minimum contracts. He would probably net more than 50k
currently with the NBL's Stars program (for example: Ball and Hampton) the players make $100K AUD plus living and travel expenses plus one on one development. The program is different than what the regular NBL players sign. LaMelo signed a two year deal and is making about $68K USD per year, before taxes

Sounds like decent money but have to take into account the Australian income taxes for non-residents is pretty high - 32.5% for the first 90 K then up to 37% I believe.

Seems like the chances he signs with the Gophs is pretty low. Would be great if he shocks us all and stays home!

If not, best of luck to the young man (unless he plays against us ever)!

Best wishes to him. If he's not a Gopher, I won't follow him in college unless I happen to catch a game he's playing. If he's a Gopher I will see every game and pay attention.

So he is going to college. Why not here if it is one year and announcing in that environment.

Cue up another round of "can't keep the top players in Minnesota" stories about Pitino. Can't wait.

Top Bottom