All Things Isaiah Whitehead Thread UPDATED 9/18: Whitehead to Seton Hall

FWIW I just noticed that the CEO of 247 changed his crystal ball prediction for Whitehead to Minnesota. Doesn't necessarily mean anything (100% of the predictions for Newton were to Minn.) but he has an 80% success rate and he's the CEO so he must know something.

Yep. He knows how to get the masses to his website.

I like the line right before that a bit more: "They were No. 1 in the country for [several] weeks last year."

The reporter must have left off the rest of that sentence: "until the powerhouse Minnesota Golden Gophers basketball program knocked them off."

+1

How many times has Jerry Meyer changed his 247 prediction on Whitehead? Now he is off Minnesota and predicting Indiana.

(sorry....just noticed it was mentioned in the other thread)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Out Here In Indy Heading To My Hotel Had A Good Day On The Campus Today ?</p>— Isaiah Whitehead (@Isaiah_W15) <a href="https://twitter.com/Isaiah_W15/statuses/371812750629949442">August 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

How many times has Jerry Meyer changed his 247 prediction on Whitehead? Now he is off Minnesota and predicting Indiana.

(sorry....just noticed it was mentioned in the other thread)

What a joke. Syracuse to Minnesota to Syracuse to Minnesota to Indiana, and it's not even September yet. Crystal ball is stupid.

Meyer will most likely change the crystal ball to whatever school Whitehead is visiting in case he commits while on campus and he will say he was right. Completely worthless

Not to pick a side on the whole crystal ball topic, but I think Whitehead's predictions keep changing because he genuinely doesn't know where he's going to commit to/have any big favorites. If he says something good about a school, "experts" are going to change their crystal ball prediction.

Not to pick a side on the whole crystal ball topic, but I think Whitehead's predictions keep changing because he genuinely doesn't know where he's going to commit to/have any big favorites. If he says something good about a school, "experts" are going to change their crystal ball prediction.

I think Whitehead is going about this the right way. It seems to truly be a thoughtful discernment process, and he's making his visits productive.

Zach Braziller (@NYPost_Brazille) tweeted at 0:39 PM on Tue, Aug 27, 2013:I was told Isaiah Whitehead's trip to Indiana went very well and Hoosiers are a legit option now. He met Victor Oladipo during visit. #iubb

Nice NCAA rules violation, Crean.

Im sure Victor just happened to be walking around campus and Whitehead just happened to see him. Weird how this happens. Is this actually a violation? If so, wouldnt the NCAA be all over this already since its been reported?

Im sure Victor just happened to be walking around campus and Whitehead just happened to see him. Weird how this happens. Is this actually a violation? If so, wouldnt the NCAA be all over this already since its been reported?

It would be a violation if Crean flew Olidipo up to Indiana and told him to talk to Isaiah. But if Victor just happened to be up there and Whitehead initiated the contact I don't think it would be a violation, but it is a slippery slope. It wouldn't be a major violation anyways it would be a secondary violation, so penalties would most likely be minimal if there was some violation anyways.

It would be a violation if Crean flew Olidipo up to Indiana and told him to talk to Isaiah. But if Victor just happened to be up there and Whitehead initiated the contact I don't think it would be a violation, but it is a slippery slope. It wouldn't be a major violation anyways it would be a secondary violation, so penalties would most likely be minimal if there was some violation anyways.

Crean has always struck me as one of those guys who will bend, contort, twist the rules as far as he possibly can. The rep of oversigning and running off players kind of goes hand in hand with that. But I doubt he's stupid enough to *break* the rules directly. Besides, the best cheaters (see "Calhoun, Jim") use boosters and other intermediaries for that.

What's not clear to me is how Whitehead just happened to end up in Indiana, ostensibly on his own dime (IIRC this wasn't an official). It was pretty clear from his twitter account he wasn't doing anything else there. He even made some comment to the effect that, there's nothing to do here. (Duh - It's suburban Bloomington, IN). LOL

Indiana will be tough to beat out. Hopefully he goes to MN where he will start intstantly and be a major contributor from day one.

Amelia taking a shot at Whitehead

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The mind of a 5-star RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Isaiah_W15">@Isaiah_W15</a>: More Than One Minute & 30secs To Reply To My Text Is Disrespect To Me</p>— Amelia Rayno (@AmeliaRayno) <a href="https://twitter.com/AmeliaRayno/statuses/372545237992099840">August 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

Really don't think we get Whitehead after the IU visit. Hope I am wrong, but I really dislike Crean lol

He also tweeted this while in Indiana, maybe he got a little bored.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Need Something To Do Out Here Tho &#55357;&#56873;</p>— Isaiah Whitehead (@Isaiah_W15) <a href="https://twitter.com/Isaiah_W15/statuses/372183651007488000">August 27, 2013</a></blockquote>

He also tweeted this while in Indiana, maybe he got a little bored.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Need Something To Do Out Here Tho ��</p>— Isaiah Whitehead (@Isaiah_W15) <a href="https://twitter.com/Isaiah_W15/statuses/372183651007488000">August 27, 2013</a></blockquote>

Probably meant he wasn't finding any ladies of his liking.

Oladipo was in town for a basketball camp that Crean was running. Oladipo was a counselor and DJ White was a counselor as well. As you can imagine, this has been planned for quite some time. Whitehead visiting this weekend instead of another weekend was fortuitous for that reason, but I doubt it was a big conspiracy.

There was word this morning that Louisville is trying to get into Whitehead's recruitment. Interesting not only because Louisville already has a bunch of guards in their 2013 and 2014 classes, but also due to the father/son battle that could develop between Minny and UL. At least you know they wouldn't recruit dirty against one another. Or would they. :confused:

Oladipo was in town for a basketball camp that Crean was running. Oladipo was a counselor and DJ White was a counselor as well. As you can imagine, this has been planned for quite some time. Whitehead visiting this weekend instead of another weekend was fortuitous for that reason, but I doubt it was a big conspiracy.

There was word this morning that Louisville is trying to get into Whitehead's recruitment. Interesting not only because Louisville already has a bunch of guards in their 2013 and 2014 classes, but also due to the father/son battle that could develop between Minny and UL. At least you know they wouldn't recruit dirty against one another. Or would they. :confused:

Rick Pitino offers Whitehead causing him to delay his decision. Meanwhile, Indiana, UCLA, an all his other suitors sign other players leaving him with only a UL and MN offers. Suddenly, Rick withdraws his offer and Whitehead is a Gopher.

Rick Pitino offers Whitehead causing him to delay his decision. Meanwhile, Indiana, UCLA, an all his other suitors sign other players leaving him with only a UL and MN offers. Suddenly, Rick withdraws his offer and Whitehead is a Gopher.

I like the way you think. And it's plausible.

Top Bottom