All Things Grayson Grove Recruitment Thread (Class of 2024, Alexandria, MN; 6-8, 190lb; Gophers Commit!

His trunk filled out a lot since last season.

190 to 225 shows he’s a worker!
I watched yesterday's game. He looked a bit slow and fat. He scored because Mpls South was small.
He will need to hit the weights and switch the weight from fat to muscle. His teammate actually looked more athletic and higher skilled.

In one game it looked like Grove is a less athletic Fox.

I watched yesterday's game. He looked a bit slow and fat. He scored because Mpls South was small.
He will need to hit the weights and switch the weight from fat to muscle.

His teammate actually looked more athletic and higher skilled.

He was sidelined for a long period with a broken tibia earlier in the year; great take 🤣

Chase Thompson is rated number one MN prospect in the 2025 class. I’m surprised someone with your basketball acumen wasn’t aware 🥲

Wat? I Never said he was as athletic as Fox, few humans are. So please don’t put words in my mouth, you’re reminding me of another poster, Mennesota, who had that uncouth habit, until he was banned. You’re better than that, aren’t you?

Anything else kiddo?

Last edited:

He will need to hit the weights and switch the weight from fat to muscle. His teammate actually looked more athletic and higher skilled.

Fox is athletic

He was sidelined for a long period with a broken tibia earlier in the year; great take 🤣

Chase Thompson is rated number one MN prospect in the 2025 class. I’m surprised someone with your basketball acumen wasn’t aware 🥲

Wat? I Never said he was as athletic as Fox, few humans are. So please don’t put words in my mouth, you’re reminding me of another poster, Mennesota, who had that uncouth habit, until he was banned. You’re better than that, aren’t you?

Anything else kiddo?
I didn't recall Thompson's name.
Yes, I knew Grove was hurt. My point still is made.
It's interesting how sensitive you are.
I simply added that Grove will likely have a similar role as Fox has. He'll need to embrace the junkyard dog role.
Now, lighten up. This is just a discussion board. If you can't take contrary discussion then leave for awhile.

Anything else kiddo?
LOL, were you the guy who whined because I was so positive about Ben Johnson and the Gophers that the mods banned me?
It is hilarious that I pushed those who couldn't imagine Ben is a good coach to the point of whining to the mods because I poked them. I take it you were one of the cry babies who whined and had an in with the mods.
I still can't believe I was banned for being too positive. LOL, it's a good thing you live in NYC where people can't enjoy life outside of the asphalt jungle.

I didn't recall Thompson's name.
Yes, I knew Grove was hurt. My point still is made.
It's interesting how sensitive you are.
I simply added that Grove will likely have a similar role as Fox has. He'll need to embrace the junkyard dog role.
Now, lighten up. This is just a discussion board. If you can't take contrary discussion then leave for awhile.

Sad that you knew that a HS player who was hurt previously and you still made an insulting comment about them and their conditioning- that’s not how I roll.

You never stated Groves would have a similar role to Fox; you just compared their athleticism. Implying something is not the same as stating it, is it?

Gaslighting me, after I’m standing up for a HS kid from my hometown - wow - and implying it’s about me.

I simply need to ignore you; I welcome people who disagree with me and open my mind to seeing things in a different manner, but not those who do so with a negative vibe/intention ✌️

Last edited:

Sad that you knew that a HS player who was hurt previously and you still made an insulting comment about them and their conditioning- that’s not how I roll.

You never stated Groves would have a similar role to Fox; you just compared their athleticism. Implying something is not the same as stating it, is it?

Gaslighting me, after I’m standing up for a HS kid from my hometown - wow - and implying it’s about me.

I simply need to ignore you; I welcome people who disagree with me and open my mind to seeing things in a different manner, but not those who do so with a negative vibe/intention ✌️
Insulting? That's your interpretation.
I made an observation that Groves is slow of foot and needs to turn that weight into muscle weight. That's not me insulting Grove, that's me saying I watched yesterday's game and saw that he needs to get in better shape and get stronger if he is going to help the Gophers next season.
I had no idea you are from Alexandria. I was posting about what I observed. You need to lighten up on this. I am done returning your comments on this issue. It's not nearly that big of a deal.

LOL, were you the guy who whined because I was so positive about Ben Johnson and the Gophers that the mods banned me?
It is hilarious that I pushed those who couldn't imagine Ben is a good coach to the point of whining to the mods because I poked them. I take it you were one of the cry babies who whined and had an in with the mods.
I still can't believe I was banned for being too positive. LOL, it's a good thing you live in NYC where people can't enjoy life outside of the asphalt jungle.

I never said one word to the mods about your basketball posts- ever.

This is proven by my posts/actions: if you look at the majority of the comments/threads I have made on the basketball board, they are overwhelmingly positive about Ben and the players. I have even questioned those posters in the “Ben Johnson is a Disaster” for not giving Ben this whole season to prove himself. Maybe you got banned because of the way you treat people on here?

My faith teaches me to take personal responsibility for my actions, not blame others and to admit when I’m wrong and seek forgiveness; it’s the basis for how I try and live my life (with lots of mistakes, as I mess up a lot) and not what I call myself; reminds me of the old saying, “I judge myself by my intentions, while the world judges me by my actions.”

This comments “in quotes” below made by me were cheap and petty on my part. I was making an insinuation that Finn Gopher is your burner account and for that I apologize (I stand by my other comments regarding Groves) to you and @FinnGopher. I have sincerely apologized to you and you can do with that what you will - the issue is closed on my end, as I have followed the dictates of my faith. Peace Be With You, my brother.

“So please don’t put words in my mouth, you’re reminding me of another poster, Mennesota, who had that uncouth habit, until he was banned. You’re better than that, aren’t you?”

Last edited:

I believe Grove is the goalie for the Alex soccer team and that he is pretty good at it!

So I imagine he is just fine moving laterally! Or he would suck as a goalie even at his height.

I never said one word to the mods about your basketball posts- ever.

This is proven by my posts/actions: if you look at the majority of the comments/threads I have made on the basketball board, they are overwhelmingly positive about Ben and the players. I have even questioned those posters in the “Ben Johnson is a Disaster” for not giving Ben this whole season to prove himself. Maybe you got banned because of the way you treat people on here?

My faith teaches me to take personal responsibility for my actions, not blame others and to admit when I’m wrong and seek forgiveness; it’s the basis for how I try and live my life (with lots of mistakes, as I mess up a lot) and not what I call myself; reminds me of the old saying, “I judge myself by my intentions, while the world judges me by my actions.”

This comments “in quotes” below made by me were cheap and petty on my part. I was making an insinuation that Finn Gopher is your burner account and for that I apologize (I stand by my other comments regarding Groves) to you and @FinnGopher. I have sincerely apologized to you and you can do with that what you will - the issue is closed on my end, as I have followed the dictates of my faith. Peace Be With You, my brother.

“So please don’t put words in my mouth, you’re reminding me of another poster, Mennesota, who had that uncouth habit, until he was banned. You’re better than that, aren’t you?”
What faith do you claim to have?
Moreso, what does it have to do with your getting all bent over Finns observation about Grayson Grove in one game that he saw? Dude, he saw ONE game and posted that Groves looked slow and out of shape? Was he wrong about that observation? Was he wrong that Groves will need to hit the weight room and turn that baby fat into solid muscle?

Finally, did Finn say that Groves was a bad get for Ben and the Gopher program?

I think that both Grayson and Isaac Asuma will be solid players for Ben in a couple years. Neither is going to light the league on fire in year one, but they are both going to be the culture that Ben is building. I love the trajectory of this program and our incoming freshmen are going to be solid players over the course of their careers.

As for me, I too have a faith. You can read what my faith is in Acts 15:11.
Peace to you.

Mennosota got banned? That’s just plain bullshyte!

#freemenosota

Anything else kiddo?
I'm guessing that you'd prefer food. Oh wait, what was I doing... Nevermind... ;)
michael-jackson-wanna-be-startin-somethin.gif

Mennosota got banned? That’s just plain bullshyte!

#freemenosota
Yes it was. There was a paying member who didn't like Ben at all so I posted a meme or two that expressed my joy for Ben. Next I knew I was told I couldn't come back for 6 months. I guess that's what I get for not paying my dues and pissing off one of the "elites" on the board.

Oh well. Water under the bridge. I still think Ben is the guy who will get us our next entrance into the Final Four.

I don't know how you can watch him play and say he looks fat. Just finished watching him on TV (which usually adds 10 pounds :D) and he's not fat at all. He did look like his conditioning was behind but that's to be expected after coming back from a broken leg.

On another note, he finished 8/12 shooting. He could've/should've scored 30 but passing the ball to the poat is a total lost art. He had his man pinned about 10 x's and the Alex guards couldn't get him the ball. He's also got a nice stroke from 3. I was pulling for Alex in the hopes of seeing him play again. Good game.

I always found passing into the post to be very easy. Of course the big man on our team was a Mr Minnesota basketball finalist, so that helped a lot!

I don't know how you can watch him play and say he looks fat. Just finished watching him on TV (which usually adds 10 pounds :D) and he's not fat at all. He did look like his conditioning was behind but that's to be expected after coming back from a broken leg.

On another note, he finished 8/12 shooting. He could've/should've scored 30 but passing the ball to the poat is a total lost art. He had his man pinned about 10 x's and the Alex guards couldn't get him the ball. He's also got a nice stroke from 3. I was pulling for Alex in the hopes of seeing him play again. Good game.
I guess what I meant was he looked like he hadn't been in the weight room. He doesn't have much muscle definition, which means that extra weight isn't strength weight. I am sure the strength coaches at the U will get that changed over this coming summer.

I'm watching the Class A games at Target Center so I didn't see today's semifinal. I take it Alex lost.

Insulting? That's your interpretation.
I made an observation that Groves is slow of foot and needs to turn that weight into muscle weight. That's not me insulting Grove, that's me saying I watched yesterday's game and saw that he needs to get in better shape and get stronger if he is going to help the Gophers next season.
I had no idea you are from Alexandria. I was posting about what I observed. You need to lighten up on this. I am done returning your comments on this issue. It's not nearly that big of a deal.
I don't agree with Finn on much, but Groves needs to get in better shape if he wants to contribute in the Big 10. He'd probably tell you the same thing, he's coming off a lot of injuries.

On the plus side, he's pretty skilled for his size.

Finn is also right that if he is looking to get PT next year, he needs to focus on the small things (rebounding, defense, hustle, energy) because he'll be playing with Garcia and Payne.

Watched the first half of the Alex game. Grove does look notably bigger in the upper body than last year. he moved reasonably well (Troy Bell doing the TV color said he had "good feet," for what that's worth). He didn't do anything outstanding, but I thought he did well with his opportunities. he was credited with 2 blocked shots by the stat crew, but it appeared that he altered a lot of shots in the first half. Mankato East did better when they stopped challenging him and went to more of a mid-range attack.

meanwhile, Alex couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from outside. and Thompson did nothing while I was watching. shot 4-12 from the floor, 1-7 on 3's for the game.

I don't know how much Grove might contribute next year offensively, but a good off-season of work in the weight room and he might be able to give the Gophers some minutes as a backup. (at least as many minutes as Jack Wilson.....)

Watched the first half of the Alex game. Grove does look notably bigger in the upper body than last year. he moved reasonably well (Troy Bell doing the TV color said he had "good feet," for what that's worth). He didn't do anything outstanding, but I thought he did well with his opportunities. he was credited with 2 blocked shots by the stat crew, but it appeared that he altered a lot of shots in the first half. Mankato East did better when they stopped challenging him and went to more of a mid-range attack.

meanwhile, Alex couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from outside. and Thompson did nothing while I was watching. shot 4-12 from the floor, 1-7 on 3's for the game.

I don't know how much Grove might contribute next year offensively, but a good off-season of work in the weight room and he might be able to give the Gophers some minutes as a backup. (at least as many minutes as Jack Wilson.....)
Traitor Troy? Working in this town?!

Grove looks to have put on about 30lbs since last season. It’s hard to put 30lbs of muscle on in one year. Let’s say it’s 15 of each, and part of the reason is the injury.

He seems like a quality kid with some athleticism and skill.

Players not in the top 100 don’t come in and play major minutes on an ncaa tourney type team. Let’s hope I’m right wink wink.

I think you have a case of mistaken identity. The person you're accusing of getting you banned because you were too positive about Ben Johnson and the Gophers has been one of the most consistently positive on this site.

Top Bottom