All Things Gopher Baseball

So, do these announcements mean Crawford is taking over full-time pitching coach duties from McDevitt, and we will be in the market for a volunteer coach to replace Kvasnicka?

MN Daily: Gophers baseball and their well-established MLB pipeline

Since John Anderson became the coach in the fall of 1981, Minnesota baseball has produced over 100 MLB draft picks. The Gophers hold the longest streak in the Big Ten with 36 straight seasons with a draftee.

Anderson arrived on campus in 1974 with hopes of playing for Gophers legend Dick Siebert.

Instead, Anderson received a coaching opportunity under two Minnesota legends in Siebert and George Thomas. Thomas left in 1981 and the head coaching reins were turned over to Anderson.

Now over 40 years later, Anderson still manages the Gophers at Siebert Field, named after his mentor.

Anderson has produced high-level talent every year he has been the head coach. Player development has been a point of emphasis for Anderson while at Minnesota.

“I think the one thing I learned from Dick Siebert and George Thomas really young was, in this program, if you want to have a good program and have good players and teams, you gotta be really good at player development,” Anderson said.

Minnesota’s ability to turn projects into stars at a staggering rate has resulted in the 36-season streak of MLB players.

The streak started in 1988 with Jay Kvasnicka and has continued today through centerfielder Brett Bateman and pitcher George Klassen. The Chicago Cubs selected Bateman in the eighth round while the Philadelphia Phillies selected Klassen two rounds earlier.

Go Gophers!!

So, do these announcements mean Crawford is taking over full-time pitching coach duties from McDevitt, and we will be in the market for a volunteer coach to replace Kvasnicka?
No baseball is one of the sports that can now have 3 full time assistants but I believe you can no longer have a volunteer assistant so their 3 full time assistants will be Casey, McDevitt, and Crawford.

With Washington and Oregon coming into league in 2024/25 along with USC and UCLA, conference play will be more challenging. Hopefully we can improve this year and be on better footing for when they arrive.

Also, I wonder if they will keep the 24 game schedule, or think about going to 30. The 24 game schedule would mean you play every team twice in four years which is simple enough, but odd to think you will only host a conference foe only once every four years.

Minnetonka native committed today, numbers weren't good at Creighton but excellent this summer. Creighton seems like they've had a lot of movement on their roster in the past few years

Gophers add a veteran lefty from Oregon State. Think this is the last addition.

With no exhibitions against other schools this fall and U.S. Bank Stadium not available in the spring, it will be a while before fans will be able to see them in person. I hope whoever they play in non-conference has streaming coverage.

With no exhibitions against other schools this fall and U.S. Bank Stadium not available in the spring, it will be a while before fans will be able to see them in person. I hope whoever they play in non-conference has streaming coverage.
I wonder why no exhibitions.
What does US Bank stadium have this spring?
I believe they will open the year with that Oregon State tournament again and FloSports had that and did a pretty good job, price was kinda crazy like $30 a month though.

I wonder why no exhibitions.
What does US Bank stadium have this spring?
I believe they will open the year with that Oregon State tournament again and FloSports had that and did a pretty good job, price was kinda crazy like $30 a month though.
There was a podcast from Rand at Star Tribune booth at state fair and he had four players. Regarding exhibitions, they didn't say why they weren't playing outside competition. On US Bank, they stated it is getting new turf. You are right on Arizona/Oregon State tourney. They play Twins second Friday of season so assuming they will be playing someone around that in Florida. They also mention 2 trips to California, with San Francisco (area?) being one of them.

Here is link to podcast:

The City of Surprise, in partnership with Sanderson Ford, is excited to announce the College Baseball Classic featuring the Oregon State Beavers will return to Surprise Stadium in 2024, Feb. 16-19.

From Charley Walter's Super Shooter column today:

The Gophers baseball team's 15 games that were scheduled for U.S. Bank Stadium early next year have to be rescheduled elsewhere because of new artifical turf to be installed after the Vikings season. That means the Gophers will have just 18 home games on their 56 game schedule. A legal challenge could be forthcoming.

Fall ball has to be pretty close to finishing up and looking forward to hopefully seeing a roster after that.

Fall ball has to be pretty close to finishing up and looking forward to hopefully seeing a roster after that.

Bork was one I was wondering on - I think he was honored on senior day IIRC last year, but looks like he is back.

Does this look right?

NAME
POSYEAR
JAKE LARSONINF3
JOE HAUSERINF3
BRADY COUNSELLINF3
EASTON FRITCHEROF2
KRIS HOKENSONOF2
BRADY JURGELLAOF4
KYLE BORKINF4
SAM HUNTC2
TRISTAN ELLISINF2
DREW BERKLANDC2
JOSH FITZGERALDOF2
SAM MALECRHP3
WILL SEMBRHP4
WEBER NEELSC2
IKE MEZZENGAINF3
JAKE PERRYINF3
CADEN CAPOMACCIORHP2
TUCKER NOVOTNYLHP3
SETH CLAUSENRHP3
SAM KENNEDYRHP2
BOSTON MERILAOF4
CONNOR WIETGREIFELHP3
GIL SANDERSRHP2
TJ EGANLHP2
NOAH ROONEYLHP3
NOAH DELUGALHP4
DANNY DAVISC2
ALEX ALTMANOF1
CADE BRUETTOF1
OLIVER GIELRHP1
TYLER HEMMESCHRHP1
GUNNAR HEUCHERTSS1
PARKER LEWINRHP1
KYLE REMINGTONRHP1
CHARLIE SUTHERLANDSS1
JACK TAXDAHLSS1
WILL WHELANLHP1
TOMMY GROSSRHP4
JUSTIN THORSTEINSONLHP4
NICK ARGENTORHP3
TOTAL40

Does this look right?

NAME
POSYEAR
JAKE LARSONINF3
JOE HAUSERINF3
BRADY COUNSELLINF3
EASTON FRITCHEROF2
KRIS HOKENSONOF2
BRADY JURGELLAOF4
KYLE BORKINF4
SAM HUNTC2
TRISTAN ELLISINF2
DREW BERKLANDC2
JOSH FITZGERALDOF2
SAM MALECRHP3
WILL SEMBRHP4
WEBER NEELSC2
IKE MEZZENGAINF3
JAKE PERRYINF3
CADEN CAPOMACCIORHP2
TUCKER NOVOTNYLHP3
SETH CLAUSENRHP3
SAM KENNEDYRHP2
BOSTON MERILAOF4
CONNOR WIETGREIFELHP3
GIL SANDERSRHP2
TJ EGANLHP2
NOAH ROONEYLHP3
NOAH DELUGALHP4
DANNY DAVISC2
ALEX ALTMANOF1
CADE BRUETTOF1
OLIVER GIELRHP1
TYLER HEMMESCHRHP1
GUNNAR HEUCHERTSS1
PARKER LEWINRHP1
KYLE REMINGTONRHP1
CHARLIE SUTHERLANDSS1
JACK TAXDAHLSS1
WILL WHELANLHP1
TOMMY GROSSRHP4
JUSTIN THORSTEINSONLHP4
NICK ARGENTORHP3
TOTAL40

I guess it looks right to me except the redshirts from last year (medical or otherwise) were also counted, so I think Egan, Saunders, and Kennedy should show "1" and Semb "3"...?

Top Bottom