All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

As Burns said this morning on KFAN, Snelson loves the media.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As Burns said this morning on KFAN, Snelson loves the media.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, gotta love someone that can tell a fanbase not to worry about his status while posting pictures of himself wearing another teams jersey from the same conference.

I truly hope he ends up here because talented WR are something we are really short on and if he lives up the hype he could be a good one but at this point I just want the whole process to end so that we don't have to hear about it anymore. Kid is clearly in love with all the attention he is getting.

Yeah, gotta love someone that can tell a fanbase not to worry about his status while posting pictures of himself wearing another teams jersey from the same conference.

I truly hope he ends up here because talented WR are something we are really short on and if he lives up the hype he could be a good one but at this point I just want the whole process to end so that we don't have to hear about it anymore. Kid is clearly in love with all the attention he is getting.

Felt the same way. Two months ago I woulda been disappointed if he signed elsewhere and I'm now to the point where it's a toss up, I'll take it or leave it either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want him here - talented WR. I find it interesting that he makes the questioning his loyalty comment. Posting a pic and text "we are Penn St." How can you not question that??

DITTO

Penn State just flipped a receiver from Temple, so maybe a positive sign for the Gophers

Is Snelson planning to have a big announcement ceremony where he picks a hat or something on Wednesday?

Is Snelson planning to have a big announcement ceremony where he picks a hat or something on Wednesday?

Well if he is 100% for the U of M then there shouldn't need to be any sort of hat ceremony right? Based on everything this kid has done would you expect him to do anything less then a massive "look at Me" show?

Well if he is 100% for the U of M then there shouldn't need to be any sort of hat ceremony right? Based on everything this kid has done would you expect him to do anything less then a massive "look at Me" show?

If I remember correctly; Marquis Gray did the same thing. He's an 18 year old kid enjoying the process. Perhaps he'll be a flop, but more likely I think he'll be a very nice addition. He's got the tools, hopefully a solid work ethic comes with it.

He'll learn soon enough; if your mouth writes the the check, your play better back it up.

With the group of WR we have right now, anyone put into that mix will be pushed.

If I remember correctly; Marquis Gray did the same thing. He's an 18 year old kid enjoying the process. Perhaps he'll be a flop, but more likely I think he'll be a very nice addition. He's got the tools, hopefully a solid work ethic comes with it.

He'll learn soon enough; if your mouth writes the the check, your play better back it up.

With the group of WR we have right now, anyone put into that mix will be pushed.

I think Gray was undecided when he did his hat ceremony. If Snelson truly is committed to the U, there's no reason for picking our hat.

Gray put on the Gophers hat at an all star game if I remember correctly.

I think he wants to do the cap thing and I think its great. This is good, grass roots marketing for the U if he picks the Gopher cap.

I think he wants to do the cap thing and I think its great. This is good, grass roots marketing for the U if he picks the Gopher cap.

I don't have a problem with guys doing the hat thing if they are uncommitted but if you are a verbal to a school then you shouldn't need to do a big dog and pony show to pick the school you have already pledged to play for. If he is solid on the U it would be an event at the school to sign the letter of intent not to make the selection of what school he is going to attend.

Kill loved the saying "I'll believe what you say and trust what you do." Snelson loves to say he is committed to the U while posting pictures in other teams jerseys and not naming his top schools.

I don't have a problem with guys doing the hat thing if they are uncommitted but if you are a verbal to a school then you shouldn't need to do a big dog and pony show to pick the school you have already pledged to play for. If he is solid on the U it would be an event at the school to sign the letter of intent not to make the selection of what school he is going to attend.

Kill loved the saying "I'll believe what you say and trust what you do." Snelson loves to say he is committed to the U while posting pictures in other teams jerseys and not naming his top schools.
Good point. I agree with that.

Lets just put it this way, Snelson has the personality to be an absolute stud WR.

If we get him, what are the chances he is on the field as a freshman?

If we get him, what are the chances he is on the field as a freshman?

Given the current state of our WR position if he is as good as advertised he will play right away. But it all comes down to how well he makes the transition from high school to college. The elite players can do it right away, others take multiple years, many never make it.

I am thinking that he ran out of options5. Maybe PSU found a more sure thing WR, he didn't make it to MD, and perhaps UCF was his only other viable offer on the table at this time.

I am thinking that he ran out of options5. Maybe PSU found a more sure thing WR, he didn't make it to MD, and perhaps UCF was his only other viable offer on the table at this time.

I see 247 has UCF as the favorite with Miami second and the Gophers, PSU and Maryland tied for third. I was wondering if he even has a committable offer from Miami as of today.

I see 247 has UCF as the favorite with Miami second and the Gophers, PSU and Maryland tied for third. I was wondering if he even has a committable offer from Miami as of today.
Doesn't sound like he has a committable offer from Miami and I doubt he would commit to Maryland without visiting. Probably really down to Gophers, Penn State, and UCF.

I'm not sure if any has said this, but the PSU angle doesn't surprise me based on who their new offensive line coach is. I know Snelson isn't going to play OL for PSU, but having a coach on staff you are familiar with doesn't hurt a school's chances.

I'm not sure if any has said this, but the PSU angle doesn't surprise me based on who their new offensive line coach is. I know Snelson isn't going to play OL for PSU, but having a coach on staff you are familiar with doesn't hurt a school's chances.

Limey didn't recruit Snelson when he was here.

Top Bottom