All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"Should I tweet at recruits?" a flowchart
<a href="https://t.co/76eL38gioq">pic.twitter.com/76eL38gioq</a></p>— StateOfTheU.com (@TheStateOfTheU) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheStateOfTheU/status/689904640817774592">January 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"Should I tweet at recruits?" a flowchart
<a href="https://t.co/76eL38gioq">pic.twitter.com/76eL38gioq</a></p>— StateOfTheU.com (@TheStateOfTheU) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheStateOfTheU/status/689904640817774592">January 20, 2016</a></blockquote>

Tru dat.

Funny as the reply says "well it is ok if you tell them to have a nice day".... of course that same guy will freak out on them when the kid changes his mind. Nothing says creepy quite like I'm tweeting at you to have a nice day, but only because I hope you come and make my football team win....

I agree it is wrong to tweet at recruits - unless you have something to say or need to let off some steam at them. In that case you should just keep it short - 140 characters at most.

That is awesome.

Snelson is no longer listed as visiting Maryland.

The kids options seem to be MN, PSU, Maryland...he's a four star. There has to be an academic or other problem. The kid changed schools after the last few seasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The kids options seem to be MN, PSU, Maryland...he's a four star. There has to be an academic or other problem. The kid changed schools after the last few seasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's dropped to a 3-star on several sites. He was a 4-star early because he has the looks of a great player and all of the helmet schools were sniffing around. I think he had several nondescript games this year and a lot of the top schools/recruiting sites have been cooling. Plus some rumored academic issues.

Has potential, but star isn't as bright as it was. Of course I'd love to have him. There was a reason that he started at 4-stars.

I'll put it at this. The kid is trying to enjoy the recruiting process. He'd be a good get to have and right now he's still committed to us. He's taking a visit to PSU. If we get him, we'll all say we knew we had him all along and he was just giving lip service to everyone else. If we don't, people will say he didn't qualify or that we didn't want him because of his drama. Right now everyone is just speculating. I could go on Twitter and find a bunch of people saying he is going wherever. It really doesn't mean crap because the only ones who will have any inkling that can be confirmed are Snelson himself and the coaches that are recruiting him. We've seen Snelson (and tons of other recruits) backtrack on what they're saying after they say it.

If he commits, awesome. If not, next man up. He will not make or break this class and we really don't need to invent reasons why he's leaving, especially considering we all have ZERO idea what he's thinking.

My gut is telling me it will come down to Minnesota, Penn State and Miami. No actual facts to back it up, but something telling me that Maryland is off the table and wasn't going to be his final landing spot even if Maryland wasn't getting 3 feet of snow this weekend and he had made his OV to MD.

Wouldn't it be fun if he actually came here and panned out to be a great player. So sick of all this hype tied to recruits that we somehow get to come here and we feel like we stole someone away from the prime time schools, especially at skill positions. Seems to fall apart way too often.

Hope he proves me wrong and he's better than Wolitarsky.

Wouldn't it be fun if he actually came here and panned out to be a great player. So sick of all this hype tied to recruits that we somehow get to come here and we feel like we stole someone away from the prime time schools, especially at skill positions. Seems to fall apart way too often.

Hope he proves me wrong and he's better than Wolitarsky.
Exactly! Why does the collective Gopher fan base seem defeated already, when it comes to snelson? Minnesota has a perfectly good Big 10 football program, in a great city & top notch academics. Why WOULDN'T a recruit want to play here?...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'd pull this clown's offer immediately. His antics on Twitter reveal him to be a flake. This guy will be trouble wherever he ends up.

I'd pull this clown's offer immediately. His antics on Twitter reveal him to be a flake. This guy will be trouble wherever he ends up.

What antics on Twitter? If anything, he's been trying to defend Minnesota.

I don't know if I like our odds when it comes down to 4 other teams on signing day but hope he puts on the gopher hat

Well my odds went from medium to rock bottom when the Daniels twins decommited, but now it's staring to rise again. I feel like he will honor his commitment.

*knock on wood*

Well my odds went from medium to rock bottom when the Daniels twins decommited, but now it's staring to rise again. I feel like he will honor his commitment.

*knock on wood*

Yeah but why would he have to decide between 4 other teams tho.. I go back and forth I know his mom loves the school

I hope I'm wrong, and I wanted Snelson and the twins to come here, but I'll put money on that he doesn't end up at Minnesota. I'll also bet that 4 years from now no one will know who the Daniels twins or Snelson are.

Yeah but why would he have to decide between 4 other teams tho.. I go back and forth I know his mom loves the school

He keeps saying he never decommitted from MN....so why is he listing a Top 4?

I'm just being optimistic but he put us first in his top five so he must have us on his mind..

He's had plenty of opportunity to "decommit". From what I've seen, he has kept in contact with us, entertained a few other offers but done nothing, and documented the process on Twitter. I can tell you this, if the "apple doesn't fall far from the tree" is true, I'd definitely not give up on him. Mom is a great individual who only wants what's best for her son. She has no rap career tied up in this, or short-cuts to the NFL, she want him to get a good education and be a contributor to the team.

Perhaps this will end up to be a cruel joke on us, but that's recruiting. It would be great if no one here bagged on him for being an 18 year old.

I like our chances, but I've been wrong once or twice before.

I'm crossing my fingers he signs- but I'm also prepared for the 'he would not have been a good fit', 'he is a flake' and 'we are better off without him/our receivers are better than him anyways' thread when he doesn't.

I hope I'm wrong, and I wanted Snelson and the twins to come here, but I'll put money on that he doesn't end up at Minnesota. I'll also bet that 4 years from now no one will know who the Daniels twins or Snelson are.

Kind of an odd take. If you don't believe any of them are going to pan out why would you have wanted them to come here in the first place?

This is a pretty typical fan take. Any recruit that signs with us is destined for greatness and any that has the nerve to turn us down we didn't really want anyway.

Top Bottom