"All Things" Curse

Apologize for the numerous times i have participated in posting things that belong in a different thread.

no worries Built! You are a valuable member of this site!

I do, as a result, suggest we stop all comments on Chet Holmgren’s All Things thread (currently at 11 pages) immediately.

Good work! I learned a long time ago to stop obsessing about recruits - both at the collegiate level and at the NBA level (draft picks, trades, and free agents). More often than not, the players you get emotionally invested in either don't come to your program or aren't as great as you thought when they do. Much better to devote less effort to this type of speculation and be pleasantly surprised when a recruit turns out well or not so invested when he doesn't.

I literally devoted no time to thinking about this off-season for the Gophers. When I checked in here and saw the first two spring recruits who committed, I had a new and improved view of Pitino (at least temporarily). My first thought was that Pitino probably did about as well as he possibly could have on the spring transfer market. Had I been eyeballing other players I might have been disappointed.

Good work! I learned a long time ago to stop obsessing about recruits - both at the collegiate level and at the NBA level (draft picks, trades, and free agents). More often than not, the players you get emotionally invested in either don't come to your program or aren't as great as you thought when they do. Much better to devote less effort to this type of speculation and be pleasantly surprised when a recruit turns out well or not so invested when he doesn't.

I literally devoted no time to thinking about this off-season for the Gophers. When I checked in here and saw the first two spring recruits who committed, I had a new and improved view of Pitino (at least temporarily). My first thought was that Pitino probably did about as well as he possibly could have on the spring transfer market. Had I been eyeballing other players I might have been disappointed.
This is really good advice.

It was a terrible decision and a small amount of my life I'll never get back last weekend, constantly checking in if Kerwin would keep his word. Should know better, and won't make that mistake again.

When he finally was ready, GH was instantly on it and I could've just waited until Monday afternoon.

Top Bottom