All Things Class of 2025 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Why sho

Why should there be? Invest 2+ years recruiting someone who may or may not come here? And if they do, have them leave after one year? No thanks đź‘Ž
I feel like focusing on the positive right now.

Lead me not into temptation. I pray that every night.

It's better to be Ben...make great money, do a good job...take a lot of blame and get fired.

Than to be 'successful'. Have tens-of-millions thrown at you...have millions thrown at your players...go around proclaiming lies about how it's about relationships, school, teamwork, caring, coaching ability...all lies.

No, these aren't the worst lies in the world. But they're still lies. And making huge money off of lies won't bring as much happiness as less money with truth.

I feel like focusing on the positive right now.

Lead me not into temptation. I pray that every night.

It's better to be Ben...make great money, do a good job...take a lot of blame and get fired.

Than to be 'successful'. Have tens-of-millions thrown at you...have millions thrown at your players...go around proclaiming lies about how it's about relationships, school, teamwork, caring, coaching ability...all lies.

No, these aren't the worst lies in the world. But they're still lies. And making huge money off of lies won't bring as much happiness as less money with truth.
A good job? We been a bottom 4 team record wise his entire tenure here.....

I notice of the 10 players the Gophers have right now 6 will be in their last year. Ben will have to get a lot of recruits and players from the portal again next year. Only (big) Mitchell, Betts, Asuma and Grove will be back.

I notice of the 10 players the Gophers have right now 6 will be in their last year. Ben will have to get a lot of recruits and players from the portal again next year. Only (big) Mitchell, Betts, Asuma and Grove will be back.
Just as well. Most likely the new coach will be in year 0.

There's a pretty good chance a lot of coaches are going to have to do that every year

The way the system is set up that will be a yearly practice

If a coach wants a young team, he needs to coach a mid-major team which loses all it's veteran players to the portal.

Last week I looked through the freshman recruits for all 18 Big Ten teams. 12 of the 18 had two or fewer freshman recruits. Purdue was the big outlier with 6 freshman recruits and one other team had 5. Remaining "old" probably is the way it's going to continue in the near future for the majority of teams.

Last week I looked through the freshman recruits for all 18 Big Ten teams. 12 of the 18 had two or fewer freshman recruits. Purdue was the big outlier with 6 freshman recruits and one other team had 5. Remaining "old" probably is the way it's going to continue in the near future for the majority of teams.
Think about it though- if the big boys are taking 2 out of HS instead of 3 or 4- that's a lot of pretty good HS players looking for a home. The coach that can get them and convince them to stay, might have a strategy...

Think about it though- if the big boys are taking 2 out of HS instead of 3 or 4- that's a lot of pretty good HS players looking for a home. The coach that can get them and convince them to stay, might have a strategy...
Two year stints at a school will be pretty common. 4 and 5 star guys will go to big schools and leave for the draft if they're good. If not, they'll probably transfer because they were overrated or just didn't develop and will want a change of pace. The 3 stars that go to mid majors will get called up to the big league if they're any good. It's the average mid major player that might stick around for more than that, and even then they might want to transfer for a change of scenery or if they think they're not getting their due.

Two year stints at a school will be pretty common. 4 and 5 star guys will go to big schools and leave for the draft if they're good. If not, they'll probably transfer because they were overrated or just didn't develop and will want a change of pace. The 3 stars that go to mid majors will get called up to the big league if they're any good. It's the average mid major player that might stick around for more than that, and even then they might want to transfer for a change of scenery or if they think they're not getting their due.
My point is that there were 130 4-5 star recruits last year. Let's say there are 30 tier one programs- if they are taking 2 instead of 3 or 4- then there are more on the table for us.

My point is that there were 130 4-5 star recruits last year. Let's say there are 30 tier one programs- if they are taking 2 instead of 3 or 4- then there are more on the table for us.
Yeah we can take them and develop them for 1 or 2 years. And as soon as they're good, they can transfer.

Top Bottom