All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Maybe Pitino wanted Mitchell to hold off until Garcia makes a decision, but Mitchell didn't realize this until after he tweeted about making his commitment and Richard calling him frantically telling him not to do it haha

GopherOhana

Maybe Pitino wanted Mitchell to hold off until Garcia makes a decision, but Mitchell didn't realize this until after he tweeted about making his commitment and Richard calling him frantically telling him not to do it haha
or let brady have a headline for a day

WriterGoph

That's an interesting theory - similar to one suggested with Berry regarding Mashburn. But Id think we would take both Mitchell and Garcia.

What could be interesting is if they got some news from Muscadin or found out that Walton is going to take an official with us. Because I would imagine they have Walton higher than Mitchell on their board. If there is news this week on a Walton visit, then we likely have our answer.

Lakers612

That's an interesting theory - similar to one suggested with Berry regarding Mashburn. But Id think we would take both Mitchell and Garcia.

What could be interesting is if they got some news from Muscadin or found out that Walton is going to take an official with us. Because I would imagine they have Walton higher than Mitchell on their board. If there is news this week on a Walton visit, then we likely have our answer.
Ryan James says they would take both Mitchell and Garcia, for whatever that's worth

WriterGoph

Maybe Garcia is looming large?
Ryan James says they would take both Mitchell and Garcia, for whatever that's worth
Yes, but I guess if they have feedback from Walton that he is still seriously considering us, do they put a hold on Mitchell to wait for Walton? I'd guess yes and that they know Mashburn's decision and have a solid picture of where they stand with Garcia. Otherwise, i don't see any reason for potentially having commitments delayed by players who are done taking visits (Berry and maybe Mitchell now).

Lakers612

Yes, but I guess if they have feedback from Walton that he is still seriously considering us, do they put a hold on Mitchell to wait for Walton? I'd guess yes and that they know Mashburn's decision and have a solid picture of where they stand with Garcia. Otherwise, i don't see any reason for potentially having commitments delayed by players who are done taking visits (Berry and maybe Mitchell now).
I hate to speculate on here, especially if potential recruits are reading. (Martice, we would love to have you be a Gopher and everyone here thinks you'd be a great fit in the program and the city!) We'll see what happens

Latest profile posts