All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

So as of now the roster will look like this?

Ballhandling Guards
Dorsey
Johnson
Mason

Wings
Buggs (also play some 4)
Gilbert
McBrayer
Morris

Bigs
Diedhiou
King
Konate
Lynch (eligible in 2016-17)

Add Plan A (Boucher) or Plan B (Russo or someone else) to the bigs and that about does it?

Dupree is a pretty good ball-handler as well. He split point guard duties for Sunrise Christian. Probably won't play pg with Dorsey, Mason and Jarvis on the roster, but he could if one of those guys gets injured.

Dupree is a pretty good ball-handler as well. He split point guard duties for Sunrise Christian. Probably won't play pg with Dorsey, Mason and Jarvis on the roster, but he could if one of those guys gets injured.

The lineups will be more like this

Guards (Usually 3 on the court at one time, advance the basketball, drive the basketball, score the basketball ;) )
Dorsey
Johnson
Mason
Gilbert
McBrayer
Morris

Posts (Usually 2 on the court at one time - Screen, rebound and occassionally shoot)
Buggs (also play some Guard)
Diedhiou
King
Konate
Big John
Lynch (eligible in 2016-17)

Not sure if Russo has an offer yet but if he doesn't it will be interesting to see if he gets an offer on his visit this weekend or if they try to hold off on the offer until after Boucher visits. It could be a similar situation to both the Nwankwo/Illikainen and Gilbert/Ellison situations as I believe they visited Boucher earlier this week and wouldn't be surprised if Russo commits if he has or gets the offer this weekend.

Not sure if Russo has an offer yet but if he doesn't it will be interesting to see if he gets an offer on his visit this weekend or if they try to hold off on the offer until after Boucher visits. It could be a similar situation to both the Nwankwo/Illikainen and Gilbert/Ellison situations as I believe they visited Boucher earlier this week and wouldn't be surprised if Russo commits if he gets the offer this weekend.

That'd be a big mistake to let Russo commit before we get Boucher on campus. Highly doubt Pitino and staff would let that happen after they just made the effort to visit Boucher in Wyoming just a couple days ago.

That'd be a big mistake to let Russo commit before we get Boucher on campus. Highly doubt Pitino and staff would let that happen after they just made the effort to visit Boucher in Wyoming just a couple days ago.

Have they scheduled a visit with Boucher yet?

Answer is no? That is telling

Have they scheduled a visit with Boucher yet? Answer is no? That is telling

Nope, he's hanging out with Tubby this weekend.

Agree with you there, Pitino can't get stuck waiting. Wouldn't be shocked if on the visit to him in Wyoming they told him here's your chance, if someone commits before you you're out of luck.

Nope, he's hanging out with Tubby this weekend.

Agree with you there, Pitino can't get stuck waiting. Wouldn't be shocked if on the visit to him in Wyoming they told him here's your chance, if someone commits before you you're out of luck.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Have a sneaking suspicion it will be Russo instead of Boucher. Which kind of sucks. I wanted to at least get Boucher on campus.

Both plan A and B should be good, Russo would provide versatility as a combo forward similar to Buggs.

@TheGopherReport: Gopher Bball Depth:
PG: Dorsey, Jarvis
SG: Mason, McBrayer, Lofton (TBD)
SF: Morris, Gilbert
PF: King, Buggs, Diedhou
C: Konate, Nwankwo

I can't figure out how to post tweets anymore.... oh well *shrugs.

This is the way I see it also. Hurt replaces Morris after next season and Lynch plays the 4 or 5, depending on where the greatest need is. I would prefer we bank the last tender, but assume we will sign Russo.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Both plan A and B should be good, Russo would provide versatility as a combo forward similar to Buggs.

@TheGopherReport: Gopher Bball Depth:
PG: Dorsey, Jarvis
SG: Mason, McBrayer, Lofton (TBD)
SF: Morris, Gilbert
PF: King, Buggs, Diedhou
C: Konate, Nwankwo

I believe Richard Pitino can coach. I'm very worried about his ability to evaluate talent, recruit and manage a roster.
No lights out shooter and nobody who has played the role of a go to scorer. And Michael Hurt is not that guy either the following year. So, Mason and King are the guys taking the shots at the end of games next year with Morris willing to do so.
Gilbert (it's a highlight tape...they all go in) and Jarvis can't shoot. Dorsey is an aggressive, attacking type offensive player noted for defense. McBrayer maybe can be a shooter? (hoping) But what all these guys do best is attack and finish or kick. Kick to who?
King and Buggs? Hurt can make wide open 3's the following year...how many? time will tell. Just very worried we have nobody who can score when defended and that gets back to Richard's ability to coach...guessing he'll find a way to score but to be top 5 in the Big Ten we need better mix of players than this forseeable group?
Of the above group...Lofton is the most exciting offensive player. Better hope he walks on.

This is the way I see it also. Hurt replaces Morris after next season and Lynch plays the 4 or 5, depending on where the greatest need is. I would prefer we bank the last tender, but assume we will sign Russo.

Lynch is a 5 only. There is no versatility there.

I believe Richard Pitino can coach. I'm very worried about his ability to evaluate talent, recruit and manage a roster.
No lights out shooter and nobody who has played the role of a go to scorer. And Michael Hurt is not that guy either the following year. So, Mason and King are the guys taking the shots at the end of games next year with Morris willing to do so.
Gilbert (it's a highlight tape...they all go in) and Jarvis can't shoot. Dorsey is an aggressive, attacking type offensive player noted for defense. McBrayer maybe can be a shooter? (hoping) But what all these guys do best is attack and finish or kick. Kick to who?
King and Buggs? Hurt can make wide open 3's the following year...how many? time will tell. Just very worried we have nobody who can score when defended and that gets back to Richard's ability to coach...guessing he'll find a way to score but to be top 5 in the Big Ten we need better mix of players than this forseeable group?
Of the above group...Lofton is the most exciting offensive player. Better hope he walks on.

someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I call BS on this. Every HS recruit we have(outside of Johnson) was in this roll for their respective HS teams. Can they do it against the BIG we don't know.

When you have 6 possibly 7 recruits and are turning over more than half your roster you shouldn't expect to have proven BIG go to scorers on your team.

6-7, 220-225 lbs. Looks like a PF instead of Russo? Nice offer list.

Saw a highlight tape of him where he gets the rebound, brings the ball up, breaks down his defender of the dribble, and attacks for a score. Also had a fast break where he beats the defender with some footwork to a dunk. He looks like he can do it all.

And at 41% from 3pt land last year I'd drive and kick to joey King every other play if possible.

You would be amazed at what a desperate coaching staff can do in a redshirt year.

Howie, they are not going to make him quick and they are not going to make him a shooter if he is here all three years.
Shot blocker they can build on and a post scorer they can develop. He's not going to ever shoot spot up trailing 3's or be anything like Joey offensively. He's a tougher Mo, hopefully.

And at 41% from 3pt land last year I'd drive and kick to joey King every other play if possible.

Agreed, but he's a senior next year was my point. And more than one shooter is helpful.

Top Bottom