All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

Unless something crazy happens, we'll probably take a wing player and a big man. Hopefully its Ellison and Boucher. KJ Walton, Kohl, and Mulder wouldnt be bad secondary options for that wing spot. We don't appear to have any great options for any other bigs. No thanks for Cullen Russo.

And remember, you never know who we're scouting internationally.

This.

Each year there has been a who?!?! Recruit that has popped out of know where that we didn't really know about.

The first year was Deandre that showed up with little to know information about him and then last year Konate had a late scheduled visit and signed shortly after and Gas was the other from left field recruit.

And as I'm writing this I just read that

Jordan Murphy a 6-7 SF who we had offered has just reopened his recruitment after asking for release from VCU. Very nice offer list including Maryland, UCLA, OU, Marquette

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Unless something crazy happens, we'll probably take a wing player and a big man. Hopefully its Ellison and Boucher. KJ Walton, Kohl, and Mulder wouldnt be bad secondary options for that wing spot. We don't appear to have any great options for any other bigs. No thanks for Cullen Russo.

And remember, you never know who we're scouting internationally.

My WAG. Boucher has helium and ends up with a helmet school. Ellison signs out east. Kohl, who was first offered 20 months ago by Coach Young, somehow gets his school work right, and ends up taking minutes away from board favorite Carlos Morris. That leaves us with Hurt and 3 scholarships for the Class of 2016, that some may view as make or break for the Pitino Era.

My WAG. Boucher has helium and ends up with a helmet school. Ellison signs out east. Kohl, who was first offered 20 months ago by Coach Young, somehow gets his school work right, and ends up taking minutes away from board favorite Carlos Morris. That leaves us with Hurt and 3 scholarships for the Class of 2016, that some may view as make or break for the Pitino Era.

The NCAA is going to make them wear helmets now?!

Found some info on Ellison. http://southcarolina.247sports.com/...on-to-visit-with-Gamecocks-36705031#M36711347

By Phil Kornblut
Picture
Malik Ellison
Click for larger image

USC basketball coach Frank Martin is going hard after 6-6 Malik Ellison of Burlington, NJ and his efforts are paying dividends. Martin met with Ellison today and before leaving he was able to get him lined up for an official visit to Columbia April 24th.

"Great conversation," Ellison said about the meeting with Martin adding that the Gamecock coach stressed one major point to him. "The need for me."

Ellison has not yet set any other official visits. He's also planning to meet with coaches from Wake Forest and Georgia Tech.

Ellison is the son of former national college player of the year Pervis Ellison who is also his high school coach. He averaged 20 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists per game last season.

Some of his other offers are Minnesota, Maryland, Cal, Temple, Rutgers, Wake Forest and Georgia Tech.

This weekend the Gamecocks will play host to 7-0 center Conor Clifford of Saddleback JC, CA. His coach confirmed Thursday afternoon the visit is still on. Clifford visited Washington State March 27th. His coach said he if he were to take another official visit after this weekend it would be to Oklahoma State.

Talked to some sources here and this one is very interesting. Frank loves Ellison and is taking his recruitment personally. The staff is fighting an uphill battle here as they have gotten into the mix a little late. However, SCar is peddle to the metal with him & they have a good story to tell...

The issue is, the kid really likes Minnesota. The dad really likes Rutgers. That's kind of where the stale mate is at.

There are certainly other factors in play, but If you take a look at their rosters, Minnesota took Nate Mason last year and Jarvis Johnson, Dupree McBrayer, and Kevin Dorsey this year. Rutgers took Mike Williams last year, sat out Ryan Johnson for this year, and took Kejuan Johnson, Justin Goode, and Jonathan Laurent this year. Both schools are guard/wing heavy with you kids.

SCar has a good story to sell, and getting him on campus for his first official is huge. Frank really wants this kid, and Frank has a tendency to get the ones he really wants, when they get on campus.

I should talk to some more people this weekend about the situation...

ISU's position in regard to Boucher. http://amestrib.com/hines-hoops/isu-call-njcaa-player-year

Posted April 8, 2015 - 5:21pmUpdated April 8, 2015 - 5:23pm
ISU to call on NJCAA Player of the Year

Iowa State is making a move to try to add depth to its frontcourt this week.

The Cyclones are expected to visit Chris Boucher, the NJCAA Division I player of the year, on Thursday in Wyoming, a source tells the Ames Tribune.

In addition to the player of the year nod, the 6-foot-10 Northwest College sophomore was named a first-team All-American after a a season in which he averaged 22.5 points and 11.8 rebounds per game while shooting 58 percent overall from the floor and 44.4 percent on 126 3-point attempts. He also led the country in blocks with 159 (4.7 per game).

He sports offers from Memphis, Minnesota and Texas Tech, according to Rivals.

Boucher would help add to ISU’s frontcourt after 6-foot-8 junior college transfer Darien Williams was released from his National Letter of Intent with the Cyclones last week.

ISU is still in the running for five-star big Cheick Diallo, but the prevailing feeling around his recruitment is that the Cyclones’ chances took a big hit with the departure of assistant and lead recruiter Matt Abdelmassih, who is now with St. John’s. Kentucky losing as many as seven players off its second-straight Final Four roster also would seem to figure heavily into Diallo’s decision, which also includes Pitt, Kansas and St. John’s.

The Cyclones return All-American Georges Niang and Big 12 defensive player of the year Jameel McKay as their starting posts next season.

Hopefully the fact we beat Rutgers twice will help convince Mr. Ellison about the Gophers :)

Well, hopefully the fact that it's RUTGERS will help convince Mr. Ellison about the Gophers!

Go Gophers!!

All rivalry aside, I wish The Mayor good health.

Big transfer candidate here on campus today, but I'm going to keep the name anonymous. Hopefully the visit goes well.

Big transfer candidate here on campus today, but I'm going to keep the name anonymous. Hopefully the visit goes well.

tumblr_m9t2k70hpz1qedb29o1_500.gif

Josh Cunningham would be a good pick up, except having to redshirt.

but i'll guess attention seeking too

Kind of makes sense that Pitino was in town on the first day after the quiet period ended if he was having a transfer visit campus.

Still like Cullen Russo as well. I think he would be a good and realistic pick up
with nice size and decent range.

Still like Cullen Russo as well. I think he would be a good and realistic pick up
with nice size and decent range.

Have you seen him since he played HS? He wasn't even close to being Big Ten ready then, so what in his game over the past two years has impressed you?

Haven't seen him play since high school but I thought he was a very good high school player, 2 years bigger and experienced.
Not many players 'look' Big 10 ready while in high school.

Evaluating tape of him compared to some our current recruits he looks legit to me. 3-star according to Yahoo out of high school.

6'9" decent range and length.

Why do you feel he 'wasn't close' to Big 10 ready? I thought he was pretty darn good myself.

Had interest from some good programs while at prep school.
Gopher Hole: What schools are you hearing from right now?

Cullen Russo: I am hearing from Clemson, Miami of Florida, Rutgers, LSU, Minnesota, St. Bonaventure, St. Louis, Missouri State

Josh Cunningham would be a good pick up, except having to redshirt.

but i'll guess attention seeking too

Why? Who do I have to impress on here?? And no, not Cunningham, although I hope we can find a way to get him on campus.

The crystal ball on 247 sports has predicted Cullen Russo 100% going to Texas Tech.

Top Bottom