All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

Elijah Thomas has me encouraged about our chances with him. Check out his twitter. He tweeted and retweeted some stuff about the Gophers football game this afternoon. Gotta like that!

Elijah Thomas's twitter account has a lot of gopher stuff on it.. Profile picture he's wearing a minnesota shirt, retweeted Nate Masons commitment and the football stuff I think we have a really good shot with this kid..

Elijah Thomas's twitter account has a lot of gopher stuff on it.. Profile picture he's wearing a minnesota shirt, retweeted Nate Masons commitment and the football stuff I think we have a really good shot with this kid..

wow.

This is a 5 star we are talking about right?

edit: link to his twitter?

Holy...!

Elijah seems to have gopher on the brain. Very Whitehead-like in its too-good-to-be-true-ness. Hopefully we can keep the buzz alive with this kid.

Well there's actually a connection to Minnesota with him, and as he said, he doesn't think like other people. He's more outside the box. We shall see if anything amounts here!

I really can't contain how excited I am about what this class could be potentially. Really could be a program changer that takes us to another level.

It's not a bad thing that Nate Mason and Jarvis Johnson are talking....

Tweets
Jarvis Johnson ‏@MuhneyyChief_12 23h
@NateMason_2 congrats on.the commit bro!!

Nate Mason ‏@NateMason_2 21h
Preciate it bro, check your dm @MuhneyyChief_12

It's not a bad thing that Nate Mason and Jarvis Johnson are talking....

Tweets
Jarvis Johnson ‏@MuhneyyChief_12 23h
@NateMason_2 congrats on.the commit bro!!

Nate Mason ‏@NateMason_2 21h
Preciate it bro, check your dm @MuhneyyChief_12

It's kind of weird, because someone was selling Minnesota to him in Jarvis' ask.fm account, and he responded to a question about the gophers recruitment of him with... "they have Nate Mason now". Not sure if that means anything or not.

It's kind of weird, because someone was selling Minnesota in him in Jarvis' ask.fm account, and he responded to a question about the gophers recruitment of him with... "they have Nate Mason now". Not sure if that means anything or not.

What exactly did the person say? I could see this scenario... "Jarvis you have to go to Minnesota because they need a PG bad!" and then Jarvis responds, "They have Mason now." Not necessarily saying he isn't interested in Minnesota because of Mason, more that Minnesota is going to be getting a good PG.

Plus we all know Mason can play some 2.

Here is the q/a, tough to know how to take this, probably shouldn't be read into too much at this point:

Q:Choose Minnesota, you're gunna have fans that love you, Kansas is superficial, feel me? Cole Aldrich went there. Career lost. Be a dude, and build somethin special here in the 612! ;)

A: they got mason

Hmmm that does sound a little concerning. Still lotta time until anything is decided.

Here is the q/a, tough to know how to take this, probably shouldn't be read into too much at this point:

Q:Choose Minnesota, you're gunna have fans that love you, Kansas is superficial, feel me? Cole Aldrich went there. Career lost. Be a dude, and build somethin special here in the 612! ;)

A: they got mason

Who does he think he'll be competing against at KU??? Most likely a PG that is better than Mason. No matter where he goes (unless he goes to a far inferior school), he's going to be competing against a PG that's at least as good as Mason.

Hmmm that does sound a little concerning. Still lotta time until anything is decided.

If you go to his page at ask.fm/BigJarv he's pretty cryptic with his answers, as are most recruits from the little that I have seen from this site.

Pitino would run with 5 PG if he could....

...which is what I reckon Nate's been messaging him about.

Personally, I think Jarvis is just being coy. Based on some other things I've seen from him, he doesn't seem to want to be pegged by anyone.

Right on about this.....with the new system we need all kinds of quick and athletic guards. He and mason will get a ton of time together. Kansas will have even more competition.

if we get Reid will we be a lock for jarvis? or at least significantly increase our chances?

The one thing that makes me feel just a little better is the fact that I was very skeptical about our chances of landing Illikainen and Henry if Reid had chosen to play here. Now I think it is realistic to get both. Hopefully guys like Martin and King can provide quality minutes until our stud big guys come in 2015.

I don't think our chances are all that great with Hank Ellenson for whatever reason. We'll see, I guess. I have very, very high hopes for Illikainen and Jarvis. But after today, I'm resigning myself to another Chip Armelin or two to be our spring recruits, to have a below .500 season, and then for me to be carried off by a sudden onset of testicular cancer. /depressed

I don't think our chances are all that great with Hank Ellenson for whatever reason. We'll see, I guess. I have very, very high hopes for Illikainen and Jarvis. But after today, I'm resigning myself to another Chip Armelin or two to be our spring recruits, to have a below .500 season, and then for me to be carried off by a sudden onset of testicular cancer. /depressed

+1

Lots of targets like Jalen Adams, Jarvis, Alex Illkainen, Henry ellenson, Elijah Thomas... Any others?

Ryan James tweeted that Alex Illikainen will be visiting Iowa State this weekend and attending the Cyclones-Michigan game on Sunday.

(That will coincide with Rashad Vaughn's official visit down there this weekend.)

Ryan James tweeted that Alex Illikainen will be visiting Iowa State this weekend and attending the Cyclones-Michigan game on Sunday.

(That will coincide with Rashad Vaughn's official visit down there this weekend.)

Man, if we lose Rashad and Illikainen to ISU, I WOULD STRONGLY CONSIDER BURNING AMES TO THE GROUND! The property damage would be WELL into the four figures, which would absolutely decimate Iowa's economy.

Man, if we lose Rashad and Illikainen to ISU, I WOULD STRONGLY CONSIDER BURNING AMES TO THE GROUND! The property damage would be WELL into the four figures, which would absolutely decimate Iowa's economy.

I know a guy who can make it look like an accident.

Can't decide between:

"The price of cattle is high at the moment, you might be able to manage 5 figures."

and

"What economy?"

It's great having a lot of instate talent to recruit, but it also makes it more stressful to follow our recruiting since you feel like you HAVE to land them more than out of state recruits.

Top Bottom