All Things Cam Heide Thread - Class of 2022 (Updated: 5/3 - Gophers Offered)

Must be nice to host an official and then get a commitment right away. Who's the last HS recruit who committed to us right after an official?

Must be nice to host an official and then get a commitment right away. Who's the last HS recruit who committed to us right after an official?
Treyton Thompson committed within a week of visiting for a home game, I believe he was using one of his officials for that visit but I could be wrong.

The top uncommitted ‘22 players from MN now include:
- Trejuan Holloman
- Ahjany Lee
- Demarion Watson
- Prince Aligbe
- Kendall Blue

Carrington, Omot, Payne, Loge, and Ola Joseph are some others that are above or at least equal to Blue.
Carrington is a top target for sure. Omot and Payne are getting there. I don’t think MN has even been in contact with Aligbe or Blue.

Carrington is a top target for sure. Omot and Payne are getting there. I don’t think MN has even been in contact with Aligbe or Blue.
I was just talking about players who are better uncommitted prospects, but I like who Ben has chosen to go after

Last edited:

Wait, Purdue? I might be brain farting, but when was the last time we lost a local recruit to Purdue?

Holmgren went to Mn.
Cam to Purdue has been something that has been expected for a while now. Heide is a good player but Watson Saulsberry is just as good with a lot of potential. Also guys like BJ Omot or Carrington arent bad fall back wing options. Omot is talented offensively

Cam to Purdue has been something that has been expected for a while now. Heide is a good player but Watson Saulsberry is just as good with a lot of potential. Also guys like BJ Omot or Carrington arent bad fall back wing options. Omot is talented offensively
Potential. Heard it too much here.

As expected. Tre to Michigan State next. The fact that both took unofficial visits to MN is a bad sign

Why would a Twin Cities high level recruit waste an official visit on the Gophers? He can take all the unofficials he wants, any time he wants.

Drive down and see a game for free, prime seats, probably for his buddies too, not pay a dime.

Then he can take his real officials to the schools he actually wants to go to.

Why would a Twin Cities high level recruit waste an official visit on the Gophers? He can take all the unofficials he wants, any time he wants.

Drive down and see a game for free, prime seats, probably for his buddies too, not pay a dime.

Then he can take his real officials to the schools he actually wants to go to.
Does the U provide free tickets to visiting recruits during an unofficial visit?

Does the U provide free tickets to visiting recruits during an unofficial visit?
Maybe things have changed, but I thought if you were a local recruit they would just let you come to home games on your own and give you tickets if you asked. I could be wrong, or that might have been a thing they did years ago but have stopped.

Top Bottom