All Things Amir Coffey Thread - UPDTAED: A Gophers Commit!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And he has said to commit early. I smell a New Years surprise.

Ryan James tweeted a few days ago that he was going to trim his list down to 5 soon I think, and then POSSIBLY could decide by late winter early spring

I wish we could get his old man at age 20 back! Lol

I doubt he'd commit without visiting at least one other school, but the more we can get him on campus the better.

Doogie and Ryan James have made it known that their sources are telling them Iowa State (yes, Hoiberg can talk kids into spending large amounts of time in the armpit that is Ames). Gophers chances in this thing are small. Hopefully something changes.

Doogie and Ryan James have made it known that their sources are telling them Iowa State (yes, Hoiberg can talk kids into spending large amounts of time in the armpit that is Ames). Gophers chances in this thing are small. Hopefully something changes.

Ugh. I'd much rather see him go to Arizona or something. Honestly, why would you voluntarily spend 4 years in Ames?

Honestly, why would you voluntarily spend 4 years in Ames?

They can go there and not have anything else bother you other than playing BB (since there's nothing to do and no distractions). Also may have something to do with them not being on the map as a University and therefore can do stuff reputable schools can't (ie- cover sh!t up, let stuff slide). You really think Royce White spent 2 years there and made it through without any issues? He!! no, we just didn't hear about it.

Most likely he visited Minnesota and Iowa St. To tell them they will be in his top 5 and he is still considering playing for either school

I think all this ISU steam it's premature. He might end up going there, but to say he's already decided or even leaning - I'm not sure I buy it. We heard the same stuff re Alex and us, and you know where that ended up.

Unfortunately for the Gophers there is one major difference between that armpit that is Ames and the wonderland that is the Twin Cities, the program in Ames actually wins basketball games.

Let's be real doogie doesn't have any sources. I do trust Ryan James though.

Why does everyone hate doogie? I've only been following him on twitter for about a year and half, but I've never really seen anything that he reports that's wrong.

Why does everyone hate doogie? I've only been following him on twitter for about a year and half, but I've never really seen anything that he reports that's wrong.

Ryan James is the only media guy/local columnist/beat writer that doesn't get torched on here on a regular basis.

I'm with you on Doogie. I think he does a pretty good job. Has he been wrong on occasion? Of course. But to say he doesn't have better sources than you or I is ridiculous.

Ames Tribune: Source: ISU visits Coffey

Despite suffering a second major lower-body in two years, Amir Coffey appears to continue to be one of Iowa State’s top targets in the Class of 2016.

The Cyclones were in the Minneapolis area Wednesday visiting Coffey, a source told the Ames Tribune.

http://amestrib.com/hines-hoops/source-isu-visits-coffey

Go Gophers!!

Have to imagine a quick decision this winter would be good for us. The longer it stretches out, the more likely he's gone, IMO.

You sound like an Iowa fan. If that's your goal...

Not at all but some of the ISU fans who frequent here are putting you guys in Iowa and Sconnie territory. Wish we played you once in awhile actually.

Have we ever lost a MN recruit to Iowa St. in the history of our program? And I'm not counting kids that were kicked off the team for stealing.

Top Bottom