All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Yes it is. Just like tonight's game. Don't mean to be a "bleep" about it but you've asked the same question every time it comes up. Here again is the link.

And you originally specified 6 of regular season games.

Just looked at the Box Score and it's 92-89 Minnesota! Still not gonna watch.;)

Everyone is throwing in 3’s except ANT at the end. Who takes the last shot, ANT. Meh, whatever it was entertaining.

Despite the efforts of Edwards and McDaniels and a 4th Quarter comeback my Conley, the Wolves couldn't overcome their lack of height. Though the game was closer than anybody had a right to think it would be.

Final is 115 to 112 Denver.

Didn't watch any of it. Made the right choice and saw the Gophers beat Butler.

Down 3 key guys, had a chance to tie it at the buzzer.
Tip of the cap to the team tonight.
McDaniels with 26 on only 13 shots, 6 boards, and 3 blocks and great defense

That was your key to staying in it.

If we could just get some of that in all games.

Friggin Jokic, every single time they needed one, he hit a 3. Every damn time.

Despite the efforts of Edwards and McDaniels and a 4th Quarter comeback my Conley, the Wolves couldn't overcome their lack of height. Though the game was closer than anybody had a right to think it would be.

Final is 115 to 112 Denver.

Didn't watch any of it. Made the right choice and saw the Gophers beat Butler.

And coming home from a back to back

The Timberwolves were playing without their top three centers in Karl-Anthony Towns, Rudy Gobert and Naz Reid on Tuesday.

Kyle Anderson drew the assignment of guarding Denver center Nikola Jokic in an eventual 115-112 loss at Target Center, but picked up three fouls in three minutes.

That meant it was Luka Garza time a little earlier than expected for the Wolves.

The former Iowa Hawkeye ended up playing over 22 minutes and scored 11 points and had six rebounds. It took injuries to at least two of the Wolves' centers for Garza to crack the rotation for the first time all season, and since Gobert has missed four of the past five games, first with hamstring tightness and the last three because of a bruised rib, Garza's patience at the end of the bench has finally resulted in minutes.

"I've just been working this entire year to help this team when I'm out there," Garza said. "I still feel like there's another level I can get to. All I know is I did everything I could. I played hard."

Tuesday marked his most playing time all season and the Wolves crowd, as it always is, was appreciative of his efforts.

"I never thought I'd be fans of Gopher fans," Garza said. "But I love them and they give me so much energy. Since I got here, it's been incredible the support they have for me. When I get in there, it gives me an extra boost to go even harder and get to another level. Shoutout to the home crowd."..

The Timberwolves were playing without their top three centers in Karl-Anthony Towns, Rudy Gobert and Naz Reid on Tuesday.

Kyle Anderson drew the assignment of guarding Denver center Nikola Jokic in an eventual 115-112 loss at Target Center, but picked up three fouls in three minutes.

That meant it was Luka Garza time a little earlier than expected for the Wolves.

The former Iowa Hawkeye ended up playing over 22 minutes and scored 11 points and had six rebounds. It took injuries to at least two of the Wolves' centers for Garza to crack the rotation for the first time all season, and since Gobert has missed four of the past five games, first with hamstring tightness and the last three because of a bruised rib, Garza's patience at the end of the bench has finally resulted in minutes.

"I've just been working this entire year to help this team when I'm out there," Garza said. "I still feel like there's another level I can get to. All I know is I did everything I could. I played hard."

Tuesday marked his most playing time all season and the Wolves crowd, as it always is, was appreciative of his efforts.

"I never thought I'd be fans of Gopher fans," Garza said. "But I love them and they give me so much energy. Since I got here, it's been incredible the support they have for me. When I get in there, it gives me an extra boost to go even harder and get to another level. Shoutout to the home crowd."..

So glad we brought Graza back on the two-way deal. He wasn't needed at all during the first 40ish games, but as we are seeing...injuries have given him his chance and he is taking advantage of it.

And you originally specified 6 of regular season games.

Though I know that admitting to a mistake is heresy on here, I added that once I realized my mistake in leaving it out in the first place.

Last edited:

It is true that the wolves have clinched at least the 10
Magic number for 9 is 4
Magic number for 8 is also 4
Magic number for 7 is 7
Magic number for 6 is also 7
Magic number for 5 is 8
Magic number for 4 is 10

13 games to play.

Wolves (47-22) host the Cavaliers (43-26) tonight at 7:00

i
Cleveland Cavaliers

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Max Strus
SG
OUTMar 24
Dean Wade
PF
OUTMar 24
Donovan Mitchell
SG
OUTMar 27

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Rudy Gobert
C
GTDMar 22
Naz Reid
C
GTDMar 22
Anthony Edwards
SG
GTDMar 22
Jaylen Clark
G
OUTMar 31

Wolves are up 88-77 at the 6:48 mark of the 4th Quarter

Wolves win 104-91. They host the Warriors on Palm Sunday.

Another great game at TC tonight.

If the season ended now the wolves would play the Suns in the first round. That scares the hell out of me. Somehow they have to squeeze into the second spot.

On a day when both the Clippers and OKC lost, the Wolves sweep the Warriors for the first time since 1997(?) 114-110.

Wolves were very careless with the ball in the first half but started tightening that up in the 3rd quarter and only had a single turnover in the 4th. Big imbalance of free throws awarded to the Warriors. Final outcome reflects the intentional fouls by the Warriors to try and catch-up. Still the margin was 26-18 in favor of Golden State.

Another great game at TC tonight.

If the season ended now the wolves would play the Suns in the first round. That scares the hell out of me. Somehow they have to squeeze into the second spot.
Phoenix is at OKC and Denver this week. There's still lots of ways this can shake out, but I don't feel great about the Wolves against the Kings or Mavs either. What's the best-case scenario, even if they get up to the #1 seed? Taking on the Lakers/Warriors? Makes me nervous too.

Phoenix is at OKC and Denver this week. There's still lots of ways this can shake out, but I don't feel great about the Wolves against the Kings or Mavs either. What's the best-case scenario, even if they get up to the #1 seed? Taking on the Lakers/Warriors? Makes me nervous too.
The wolves will play great defense against any of these teams, as it ramps up a lot in the playoffs.

Will they be able to score enough is my concern. It doesn't really matter who they play, can they score?

Scarier yet, NO and SAC might even be our toughest matchups of all the top 10 teams in our Conference. The team that comes out of the West will have earned every inch of success.

Top Bottom