All Things 2020-2021 College Basketball Coach Hire/Fire Thread

Central Connecticut chimes in:

On Friday, Central Connecticut announced five-year coach Donyell Marshall -- an in-state legend from his UConn playing days -- would be stepping down.

Go Gophers!!

Baffling unless, Coyle already has Gates....that's a possibility.
If it’s organizationally possible it would not surprise me if we get a two-fer and Gophers offer Gates wife a job as well. My sources tell me no inherent conflict of interest issues if she is not in same management line as her husband. Not sure what U policies are though. Hard to imagine they are not trying to link their careers to the same city at least. Had to be miserable on family life to work in separate cities.

Look at his Dayton resume one would have thought he was a good hire. Goes to prove nothing is certain especially in hiring a new coach.
I thought Indiana had enough talent to be successful. Maybe not final four but at least sweet sixteen. Maybe Archie isn’t that great a coach. Or maybe coaching is a lot harder at high major high roster turnover places like Indiana than a place like Dayton.

I thought Indiana had enough talent to be successful. Maybe not final four but at least sweet sixteen. Maybe Archie isn’t that great a coach. Or maybe coaching is a lot harder at high major high roster turnover places like Indiana than a place like Dayton.
I wouldn't be surprised if Romeo Langford was at the core of his failures. He came in looking to me like he was in it for his own shots rather than for Indiana wins. Sometimes the big star will kick start you and sometimes they will do damage.

I wouldn't be surprised if Romeo Langford was at the core of his failures. He came in looking to me like he was in it for his own shots rather than for Indiana wins. Sometimes the big star will kick start you and sometimes they will do damage.
So Chet can go to the G League with your blessings? 🙂

I wonder if Coyle reads our posts to relieve his stress with a good laugh.

Good proof that sometimes/most times its ok to miss out on the local 1 and done.

The BC hire is officially announced. I really thought they'd go for Gates, and maybe they did try to land him.

Raise your hand if you were unaware that Iowa State went 2-22 this year. Also holy shit Jalen Coleman-Lands was still playing college basketball apparently. He was part of John Groce's 2015 recruiting class at Illinois, was on the DePaul team that beat the Gophers in non-conference last year, and apparently was a 6th year senior with Iowa State this season.

Raise your hand if you were unaware that Iowa State went 2-22 this year. Also holy shit Jalen Coleman-Lands was still playing college basketball apparently. He was part of John Groce's 2015 recruiting class at Illinois, was on the DePaul team that beat the Gophers in non-conference last year, and apparently was a 6th year senior with Iowa State this season.
I found out just a few days ago when I had a work call with my ISU alum colleague. When he told me how bad it was, I was taken aback. He said at the time that a coaching change was practically inevitable.

Steve Prohm. Did great at Murray State ... in the one bid Ohio Valley Conf.

First two years at ISU were great. Third was bad, but fourth was pretty good. Last two years they've fallen off a cliff.

That's a relative rarity in college basketball: a guy who beats you multiple times while playing for different teams.

Dang, you go on a walk around the neighborhood, put your phone in your pocket for a few minutes, and THIS happens.

Top Bottom