All Things 2019-2020 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Wisconsin looks bad. Reuvers has no help in the front court. Team is soft. I said way back Happ got them easy looks from three not happening so far.

Painful to watch. Also is Bucky Badger trying to become the BYU of the Big 10!

They have shot it so poorly for the last two games. That makes you look bad, especially if your sloppy with the ball. UVA has shot it as poorly as any team in the country but when you play defense like they do you steal games. UW defense is way off the level they will need.

UVA lost their shot makers and facilitator. Wisconsin lost their facilitator same shooters but teams are a step closer to close out. No Happ to worry about.

I caught the last minutes of regulation and the OT between SFA and Duke. Tre Jones tried to take over, but SFA's defense was spectacular. Tre had no person to go to or he just failed to distribute.
Great win for Stephen F Austin.

Virginia held Maine to 26 points tonight. Maine shot 8/43 for the game.

Go Gophers!!

Virginia held Maine to 26 points tonight. Maine shot 8/43 for the game.

Go Gophers!!
Granted, they lost by 20, but Maine also held Virginia to only 46 points. I guess the nets on the baskets in Charlottesville won't need to be replaced anytime soon.

Granted, they lost by 20, but Maine also held Virginia to only 46 points. I guess the nets on the baskets in Charlottesville won't need to be replaced anytime soon.
UVA will struggle to score all year. 3 early NBA departures, two others down with injury for awhile. They are not a top 20 team right now but got to 7-0 purely on defense. I thought from the beginning that they would be a bubble team this year. Best them this year because they are stacked the next 3 with perfect classes for them. They are redshirting their best freshman. Last year they were a top 5 team on both offense and defense and that is how you win a national title. This year it is number one in defense, 80th in offense. That will not cut it. They are 348th in 3 point shooting. That should make it impossible to be 7-0.

Texas Tech and DePaul going to overtime.

Easy there fella. NC is not nearly as good as their early season rank. Ohio State is probably the third best team in their own conference this year.

Correct on UNC but OSU is good and probably the best coached team in the big ten now with Beilein gone. OSU is a buzzsaw this year.

Correct on UNC but OSU is good and probably the best coached team in the big ten now with Beilein gone. OSU is a buzzsaw this year.
Agree. Holtman knows how to get guys to play defense, take great shots and limit turnovers. Sounds so simple but few can instill that. Thought from the start that OSU and IU hired great coaches that will get them back to the top tier in the conference.

I will go along with this writer. This is how I would rank them as well right now.

Good article and I respect Maryland's roster and admit that I have not given them enough respect, but to put them over Ohio State because they beat Temple and Harvard isn't going to sway me yet. I find Holtmann to be a better coach than Turgeon. I do love Anthony Cowan. Also agree currently on Michigan being ahead of MSU, but Izzo's teams typically start out pretty rough and get better. When it's all said and done in the big 10 I do this it's those 4 then the rest.

It's just not fair for one school to win the national championship in football and men's basketball.

It seems so unlikely, that it makes me think something smells.

Penn State looking really good, hanging with the Buckeyes. Unfortunately, Stevens just fouled out with 13 minutes left.

Hopefully the Buckeyes overlook us next week, then we might be able to stay within 20. They look really, really good. Will need to beat Hawkeyes to avoid 0-2 start.

Looks like Indiana and Maryland could be getting their first losses today.

Looks like Indiana and Maryland could be getting their first losses today.
I bet the Hoosiers to win -1.5 and the over at 126.5. Looks like I'll break even. Who would have picked the Badgers to be over 50% shooting 3's today?

How good was Anthony Cowan down the stretch? Wow.

I bet the Hoosiers to win -1.5 and the over at 126.5. Looks like I'll break even. Who would have picked the Badgers to be over 50% shooting 3's today?
Badgers have thrived at home with their backs against the wall for years. Easiest play of the day.

Is Race Thompson hurt again or is he just buried on the IU bench? For a highly rated recruit his career as a Hoosier has been completely nondescript.

Wisconsin loses at Rutgers. You love to see it.

Becky loses to Rutgers. Man the B1G has some weakass teams this year. Rutgers has looked horrid this year. Becky even worse. Tough to say if the Gophers are better or worse than these two.

Rutgers won and led nearly the entire game despite shooting 26.5% from 3. It's too bad the Gophers are so terrible or that would be really enjoyable result.

Rutgers won and led nearly the entire game despite shooting 26.5% from 3. It's too bad the Gophers are so terrible or that would be really enjoyable result.
Perhaps we can challenge Bucky for a spot in the CBI/CIT.

Top Bottom