All Things 2016 QB - Seth Green Thread

Has Tommy Barber been offered by us? I know he attended Jr Day this summer. Also, doesn't Darrell Thompson have a son playing at Armstrong? I thought he was a 2016 kid too.

Barber doesn't have any offers yet but he will get them; the kid is a beast. I'd expect him to end up a Gopher when all is said and done.

Big week next week.

get 'er done jerry!!

I'd say Oregon is the heavy favorite but he'd like to take in the hometown experience one more time before he's 100% sure, which is why he's visiting this weekend.

Hope the full court press works this weekend. If we put a beating on NW, I think this could sway a decision our way... At least I hope so...

Maybe we'll have a reverse Reid Travis situation.

And yes, I'm gonna continue beating Reid Travis references to death.

Maybe we'll have a reverse Reid Travis situation.

And yes, I'm gonna continue beating Reid Travis references to death.

All true Gopher fans know that never happens LOL. If his last name was Gold, we would be in better shape.

It's annoying how the article draws parallels to Tyus Jones. Tyus Jones was an elite-level recruit and had his choice of literally any school in the country. He will start (or at least play significant minutes) immediately. None of those things are true for Green. He's a high-quality recruit who has several good options and might never get off the bench at Oregon given how they're able to recruit.

He's going to Oregon but he wants to play the "which cap will I put on" game?

Yep, he's gone. I wish him well in his fight for playing time at Oregon.

Maybe the high schools should do these kids a favor and tell them; 'you're back at the bottom of the totem pole, you will have to earn your stardom. No press con and no cap game here on school grounds.'

Better for them to learn some humility than have endless praise heaped on them at that age.

It's annoying how the article draws parallels to Tyus Jones. Tyus Jones was an elite-level recruit and had his choice of literally any school in the country. He will start (or at least play significant minutes) immediately. None of those things are true for Green. He's a high-quality recruit who has several good options and might never get off the bench at Oregon given how they're able to recruit.

For that matter he may never get off the bench here. Not every superstar in high school makes it big. WLA reference...

I like Jerry's perspective - we only want the guys who really want to be here. If Green really wants to be part of the Minnesota thing then great. If he doesn't, then good luck to him. Its not like we will quit chasing success without him.

Seth, if your telling everyone at East Ridge that it is Oregon, how is it not the obvious choice?

per Shama:

East Ridge High School junior quarterback Seth Green’s parents, Bryan and Teresa Green, both attended the University of Minnesota. Bryan was a running back for the Gophers in the early 1990s. Seth is expected to announce his college choice October 15, with Michigan State, Minnesota and Oregon the contenders.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Mounds View punishes another recruit who sounds like he's not attending the U. 4 turnovers for him in a 21-6 loss.

Having seen him play a couple of times this year I won't be overly excited if he picks the Gophers or disappointed if he goes elsewhere. I don't get why he's considered a high value recruit - he doesn't have an overly strong or accurate arm, speed and quickness don't jump out at you. I don't get paid to evaluate these recruits obviously, but he doesn't grab your attention like other top recruits I have seen in recent years as an athlete or passer.

I am more concerned about Demry Croft being poached by PSU than whether Seth commits.

I am more concerned about Demry Croft being poached by PSU than whether Seth commits.

I agree. What set all this in motion was Brandon Wimbush decommitting from PSU for Notre Dame. PSU fans seem to regard Croft as a depth-type guy. Per their fans there are several targets they're looking at including James Morgan, the Bowling Green commit that camped at MN. They also seem to feel like PSU might not even recruit a QB this cycle. Regardless, Franklin is dead to me. Every organization has a slimeball like him, climbing the ladder. A heartless sociopath. That is all.

So is he like a Mar Grey type of QB then? Can he actually throw better than Grey could? hah

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

According to Burns Seth made a visit to the U for a few hours this afternoon. The staff wanted to have one last pitch. Who knows, probably means nothing but interesting nonetheless. FWIW Burns' best guess is still Oregon.

According to Burns Seth made a visit to the U for a few hours this afternoon. The staff wanted to have one last pitch. Who knows, probably means nothing but interesting nonetheless. FWIW Burns' best guess is still Oregon.
Nobody should accuse the staff of not putting enough time and effort into his recruitment no matter what school he decides on.

Top Bottom