All Things 2016 QB - Seth Green Thread

I'm just happy he's A) not going to a B1G school B) considering us in his top 2 (reportedly) and C) not going to an SEC team.

I'm just happy he's A) not going to a B1G school B) considering us in his top 2 (reportedly) and C) not going to an SEC team.

But his tweet has an MSU picture as well. I know he reportedly has us as in the top 2. But then he should just narrow the list to two instead of 3.

For what it is worth (which is nothing) the picture of the Gopher helmet is bigger than the pics of MSU or Oregon. He's tipping his hand!

we would most definitely throw the ball more if he started from day one

And most GH's would give him 1-2 games to prove himself before asking for the hook. You can tell after just one game, I'm told.

The writing is on the wall. If I remember correctly Green was planning on announcing next summer. Oregon has been in the mix and offered within the past few months, and he's already visited on his own dime and is now moving up his announcement. Probably to secure his spot at a school where a lot of highly rated QB's would love to play. The only slimmer of hope we have is that his dad played here and maybe Seth wants to be the hero and be the QB who turns around the hometown team's passing game. Not likely though.

I just heard through a VERY unreliable source that he is coming here.

Oregon has signed Travis Waller the 5th rated dual threat QB in the country for 2015. His offer list was amazing. Green can sit behind him for 3 years or potentially start from day 1 at Minnesota. Green would be a perfect fit for Minnesota and Kill where a running QB is important( see Chandler Harnisch and Jordan Lynch at NIU.)

They also got Morgan Mahalak in the 2014 class too. Composite #5 DT. Gopher fans should remember him as the guy who threw the TD to Jeff in the UA game.

It's a wonder why any high profile recruit would go to Oregon or Alabama or Florida State and have to compete for playing time when they could start from day one at Iowa State or Kentucky or Minnesota....or so I've learned on this board.

Eh, not really, because Green was at one point very serious about the Gophers. MV used to talk about him like he was a lock to sign here.

I agree. If Minnesota is not legitimately in his top three and he is just "stringing us along" than who would be a better choice to put in his top three? Iowa whom he just visited once? Texas who hasn't even offered him? Is MSU has just as little if not worse of a chance at landing him than we do so is he stringing them along too?

All Things 2016 QB - Seth Green Thread: UPDATED 6/15: New GopherHole Q&A

I'd pick MSU or MN and if it didn't work out at QB, I could move to defense and get some excellent coaching to get to the next level. Just a thought. Hope he's tight with his DT and they decide to come here.

Is pick MSU or MN and if it didn't work out at QB, I could move to defense and get some excellent coaching to get to the next level. Just a thought. Hope he's tight with his DT and the decide to come here.

English as a second language?

In his Rivals interview today, Green says one of the reasons he wants to commit early is to help his chosen team recruit. Oregon and MSU do not need him to recruit and it would be difficult for him to recruit athletes that far away. Minnesota, in contrast, could definitely use Green to help recruit what appears to be a very solid class of 2016 Minnesota HS players. This is the best indicator of where he is going.

He doesn't want to lose out on the Oregon offer and will be be committing early to them. He was going to verbal to the Quacks on his visit a few weeks back. Oh well.............................

In his Rivals interview today, Green says one of the reasons he wants to commit early is to help his chosen team recruit. Oregon and MSU do not need him to recruit and it would be difficult for him to recruit athletes that far away. Minnesota, in contrast, could definitely use Green to help recruit what appears to be a very solid class of 2016 Minnesota HS players. This is the best indicator of where he is going.
Disagree. These days guys communicate via Twitter, FB, IG and text. Tyus Jones and Okafor were like best friends despite never living within 6 hours from day other and actively recruited other kids to Duke. Having a highly rated QB texting and hitting kids up on social media is definitely a positive for any school be it MN or Oregon no matter where they are in the country

The basketball circuit is completely different than football. There is no AAU football; only weekend camps. Elite AAU basketball players play each other dozens of times over the course of their HS careers. HS football player probably cross paths only a few times if any; hardly a chance to establish a relationship on which to be an effective recruiter.The best opportunity to recruit is with local players you have been competing in football as ell as other sports with since jr. high or before.

It would be very helpful if he committed here early. We may even convince some of our WR's to stick around for another year or two.

Oregon does have a 4 star QB committed for their 2015 class. Just saying.

If he's looking to help a program become a conference champion, it's Minnesota. If he's looking to help a program become a national champion, it's Oregon. Simple as that.

Kind of interesting that Oregon has the #4 QB as well in the pipeline, so that may be a deciding factor.

Oregon does have a 4 star QB committed for their 2015 class. Just saying.

Dang it guys, now you're getting my hopes up. I still haven't recovered from Reid-gate.

FWIW Matt Jessen-Howard is also saying he's heard that Green is a heavy Oregon lean for the past few weeks.

I have no idea whether green will choose Minnesota or not, but if he does, this could be the beginning of a new era in Gopher sports. Kill has done a good job getting the Minnesota program back to respectability. However, every program that gets to the next level needs that one special class to push them over the top. With the talent level of the 2016 class, and the positions where that talent lies, this potentially could be the one. Good teams are built with strong offensive and defensive line play and all have great quarterbacks. The 2016 Minnesota class has two really good offensive linemen in Schlueter and Kegel and a couple of very good defensive players in Garcia and DL/LB Coughlin. Then you put a great prospect at the most important position on your team and Minnesota could finally have what it needs to reach the next level.

Don't sleep on Tommy Barber - 2016 OLD/DE. He's going to be a good one.

Has Tommy Barber been offered by us? I know he attended Jr Day this summer. Also, doesn't Darrell Thompson have a son playing at Armstrong? I thought he was a 2016 kid too.

Top Bottom