All Things 2016 Gophers Baseball Season Thread

I'm not going to give my opinion, because every time I do, Anderson picks a different guy to pitch and we lose.

Gophers will face Wake Forest again at 3 today. A&M's bats jumped all over Wake pitching early and often in a 22-2 win and the Gophers need to do the same today.

Gophers will face Wake Forest again at 3 today. A&M's bats jumped all over Wake pitching early and often in a 22-2 win and the Gophers need to do the same today.

Hopefully we tired them out for you with a late game that technically ended this morning. I believe they went through five pitchers yesterday.

Gophers take an early lead.

Get a K in the bottom of the 2nd with bases loaded, no outs.

Make that 2 Ks in a row.

Bases loaded for the Gophers, 1 out.

Let's jump on them NOW!

Two more runs in the top of the 5th. 4-0 Gophers

Wake scratches back a run. Glowicki comes in for a huge K with runners on the corners and 2 out.

4-1

Shaefbauer with the sac fly, 8-2. Two outs, runners at 1&2. Some confusion about whether the runner at 3 left early.

So they have an hour and fifteen before the next game?

o0I7xWN.jpg

See y'all in an hour...

Were you the guy in the Texas A&M shirt sitting near home plate next to the guy in the Minnesota shirt ?

Were you the guy in the Texas A&M shirt sitting near home plate next to the guy in the Minnesota shirt ?

Nope, for this game I was the guy on my couch eating ribs who occasionally walked to my fridge for a beer.

Pretty good start from Gilbreath limited the damage when he got into trouble. Would have liked to see him be able to get through another inning or so but the control wasn't as crisp as you'd like and it was time to make a move. Glowicki was very good in relief work being able to get out of any tough situations without much damage. Jess closed it out with 2 solid innings and I'm not sure I would have used him in that situation but think part of it was he had been warming for so long anyway it would have been a waste not to use him. Offensively lot of hard hit balls but missed opportunities to really open the game up until the 8th when Coffey came through with the clutch hit off Wakes closer Craig.
Looking to tonights game Gophers have either Fiedler or Hanson who could get the start on the mound but whoever does needs to be at their best because there aren't going to be a lot of options out of the pen. Gophers have the two lefties Fasching and Lackney who haven't pitched in the regional and both have been solid when used but they haven't pitched a whole lot of innings. Also have a righty Manke who has solid numbers in limited innings that hasn't been used. Shannon is another option out of the pen who has thrown a few more innings but he has struggled a little this year as well. Listening to the postgame presser sounded like 14 expected to have Jess available tonight if needed as well and Motl pulled his hamstring yesterday but could pinch hit if needed tonight.

The gopher's against the rising power in the east (aka Eye of Sauron, aka Aggies in College Station).

If the game is close, I like our chances. If we give up 6 runs in the first two innings, we're dead. I'd give us about a 5% chance of winning two, but that's why they play the games. Go Gophers...

How about Wake Forrest, giving up 30 runs in their two losses. Almost as bad as Vandy, who was a #1 seed and host, going 0-2 and giving up 24 runs in the two losses including a 15-1 loss to the 4 seed Xavier. OUCH.

Nice to see Fiedler with the same pants on from the first game. haha

Top Bottom