All Hail Limegrover

I love you Matt Limegrover. I love the new you. And it is indeed a new you.

Biological disagreement: the egg came first. Meme agreement: the team came first.

It was recently discovered that the female chicken secretes an enzyme that is necessary for the egg shell to form, therefore, the chicken came before the egg.

It was recently discovered that the female chicken secretes an enzyme that is necessary for the egg shell to form, therefore, the chicken came before the egg.

Yes, but that enzyme came from a gene that was present in the egg prior to it being a chicken.

We'll all be happy if the staff agrees that the basics have been mastered. From this point on, no more "basic" offense except against pre-season cupcakes.

You just don't give up thinking you know more than they do as much as you try to hide it. Ya, teams evolve. As they master the basics. gain confidence, and develop trust in each other and their coaches, you can open up the playbook. And, Genius, as has been noted, they simply start executing better. I was wondering who the first guy to suggest that Kill stay away would be. Did bet on you,even if you weren't totally serious. Then again, you might have been given your past history here.

You just don't give up thinking you know more than they do as much as you try to hide it. Ya, teams evolve. As they master the basics. gain confidence, and develop trust in each other and their coaches, you can open up the playbook. And, Genius, as has been noted, they simply start executing better. I was wondering who the first guy to suggest that Kill stay away would be. Did bet on you,even if you weren't totally serious. Then again, you might have been given your past history here.

Yeah buddy, you're very much in the minority around here by obliviously not realizing that Limegrover called a VERY different game today than what he usually has over the past 2 1/2 seasons. And who suggested Kill stay away? You have issues with the truth and reality.

When you're getting your ass handed to you at the line of scrimmage (see Iowa game), opening up the playbook serves little purpose.

Limegrover is not the problem when this team is not firing on all cylinders. I have put this argument to bed in my mind, many of you need to do the same.

Yeah buddy, you're very much in the minority around here by obliviously not realizing that Limegrover called a VERY different game today than what he usually has over the past 2 1/2 seasons. And who suggested Kill stay away? You have issues with the truth and reality.

Different? Yes
Very different? No

The basics of the offense were still there. Pound the ball, control the clock, and run some safe play action passes. There were some very nice wrinkles to the offense, but it was not as different as you are saying it is.

Different? Yes
Very different? No

The basics of the offense were still there. Pound the ball, control the clock, and run some safe play action passes. There were some very nice wrinkles to the offense, but it was not as different as you are saying it is.

GiI - not all running plays are created equal. This was not the basic, vanilla running scheme of game 1.0-7.0. It wasn't even the vanilla QB running scheme employed out of desperation to ensure pre-season victories over cupcakes. And it wasn't the vanilla passing game employed in the first 1.0-6.5 games. They ran almost the same proportion of runs to passes as many of the previous weeks, but only a fraction of those running plays were vanilla. This is what I, and so many other fans here have been waiting for, a playbook with imagination.

Yes, but that enzyme came from a gene that was present in the egg prior to it being a chicken.

Oops, I had it wrong, I was trying to answer from memory:

In the summer of 2010, British researchers cracked the enigma when they discovered that the protein necessary to create the eggshell was found exclusively in the ovaries of the chicken. So the chicken had to come first, because the eggshell can't be made without that protein. The protein ovocledidin-17 controls the eggshell crystallization process, and without it, the shell couldn't form at all.

Different? Yes
Very different? No

+1 It is nice when people keep things in perspective. I believe good execution had a lot to do with cncmin's perspective but he will never admit that.

The Nebraska board and their post-game radio broadcasters have been bemoaning how the Cornhuskers could lose to a team "that kept running the same 4 or 5 plays" :cool:

Different? Yes
Very different? No

It looked and felt quite a bit different but yes with the same basic philosophy. There were a lot of pre and post game quotes from the staff about wanting to put some "fun" back into the gameplan and I think that showed through. What he did today was just what I've been hoping he'd do and bitching about for the past three weeks. The run plays we had today were diverse and he put the ball in some big situations in our guys' hands asking them to make plays and win the game. The catch by Engel was absolutely huge and overall I thought Nelson was solid and Cobb obviously can run the ball. Great gameplan, pretty well executed, fabulous win.

Oops, I had it wrong, I was trying to answer from memory:

In the summer of 2010, British researchers cracked the enigma when they discovered that the protein necessary to create the eggshell was found exclusively in the ovaries of the chicken. So the chicken had to come first, because the eggshell can't be made without that protein. The protein ovocledidin-17 controls the eggshell crystallization process, and without it, the shell couldn't form at all.

So the chicken learned how to produce the protein? Or did it biologically have the ability to produce the protein in place, and therefore produced it.

The answer is always the egg came first... but the chicken had to be lucky enough to produce its results.

+1 It is nice when people keep things in perspective. I believe good execution had a lot to do with cncmin's perspective but he will never admit that.

Good execution always has a lot to do with everything. Where you and I differ in opinion is that you believe execution can be good in a boring, lifeless vacuum. Perhaps the execution was good today because the non-conservative gameplan let the players actually display their talents. Even when the execution wasn't quite there (the series of pass drops in the 4th quarter), it was obvious that Limegrover put those players in position to make good plays. Do you honestly believe that the players in previous weeks were failing golden opportunities, or would you agree with me that the golden opportunities were finally given to them today?

You stupid pups and your "chicken comes before egg, egg comes before chicken" bull$hit. None of that would have happened because obviously, the ROOSTER came first to start the whole damned argument.

You stupid pups and your "chicken comes before egg, egg comes before chicken" bull$hit. None of that would have happened because obviously, the ROOSTER came first to start the whole damned argument.

Dr.Don - Only from an old rooster like you can such incredible wisdom come. That's worth a cockadodledo.

The answer is always the egg came first... but the chicken had to be lucky enough to produce its results.

Search on the protein ovocledidin-17, and see if you can find anything that supports your supposition.

Do you honestly believe that the players in previous weeks were failing golden opportunities, or would you agree with me that the golden opportunities were finally given to them today?

You are right and your critics are wrong. Limegrover as much as admitted it when he said the coaching staff did a lot of soul searching after the Iowa game. The players were always capable of doing much more than they were allowed to do during the first half of the season. The coaching staff has finally become believers in their own players.

Do you honestly believe that the players in previous weeks were failing golden opportunities, or would you agree with me that the golden opportunities were finally given to them today?

You are right and your critics are wrong, cncmin. Limegrover as much as admitted it when he said the coaching staff did a lot of soul searching after the Iowa game. The players were capable of doing much more than they were allowed to do during the first half of the season. The coaching staff has finally become believers in their own players. However, it is a huge plus that the offensive line has come togther and are playing so well as a unit. It all starts with them.

Search on the protein ovocledidin-17, and see if you can find anything that supports your supposition.

I'll check it out - it's not much of a supposition. I doubt anything will contradict that there was a genotype that produced the protein. To suggest otherwise would be one helluva fluke, and wouldn't have been passed on to subsequent generations. Unless they learned how to produce it, and then I will eat my words.

I'll check it out - it's not much of a supposition. I doubt anything will contradict that there was a genotype that produced the protein. To suggest otherwise would be one helluva fluke, and wouldn't have been passed on to subsequent generations. Unless they learned how to produce it, and then I will eat my words.

Let me know what you think...it's not my wheelhouse. I just remember hearing about it a few years ago on NPR or something, and people were bemoaning this discovery because it ended one of the oldest philosophical riddles.

Also - I always like to point out, I'm attacking the idea, not you. I rather enjoy reading your thoughts and insights - and I hope I'm wrong, I'd learn something today.

Also - I always like to point out, I'm attacking the idea, not you. I rather enjoy reading your thoughts and insights - and I hope I'm wrong, I'd learn something today.

Never read it as attacking. And this only answers that the chicken egg, as we know it today, is produced this way. We can characterize eggs in many ways.

Also, from 2006: "The first living thing which we could say unequivocally was a member of the species would be this first egg," Professor John Brookfield said. So there is still the evolutionary discussion about what constitutes the chicken.

Reading a little bit on it - initial thoughts are this - a chicken produced the first calcified (hard shelled) egg... so the chicken preceded it. However, I'd argue the genotype from the uncalcified egg allowed it to do so, so the genotype (uncalcified egg) came prior to the calcified egg shell. I still think I'm right, but I'll keep readin'. :) The conclusion rests upon assumptions - the chicken came before the calcified egg, but its uncalcified egg preceded it. Depends where you place your distinctions.

GiI - not all running plays are created equal. This was not the basic, vanilla running scheme of game 1.0-7.0. It wasn't even the vanilla QB running scheme employed out of desperation to ensure pre-season victories over cupcakes. And it wasn't the vanilla passing game employed in the first 1.0-6.5 games. They ran almost the same proportion of runs to passes as many of the previous weeks, but only a fraction of those running plays were vanilla. This is what I, and so many other fans here have been waiting for, a playbook with imagination.

What about the 34 combined carries by Cobb and Kirkwood were so different than in the past seven games? For the most part, they looked like many of the same plays we've run all year. Yes, running more jet sweeps was a wrinkle (I was calling for that several games ago as well).

I don't understand how a majority of these runs were any different than in the past, but I'd be happy to say I'm wrong if you can actually provide some ways in which it was no "vanilla".

We made Nebraska change assignments three times before the ball was snapped.

They never figured it out.

There was some weird stuff going on. I'm pretty sure I saw Lauer start out in the backfield on one play and he was split out on another, clapping his hands for the ball (decoy?) when Nelson hit one of the TEs. I feel so damn stupid for forgetting to tape today's game.

Top Bottom