Alex Kaliakmanis: Trying very hard not to comment on a program that our family decided to cut ties with.

Could explain why other QB left.

I have no idea why he left. Neither do you, I'd wager.

QBs are entering the portal all over the college football landscape. How many of those can we blame on P.J. Fleck, I wonder?

PJ got in Daniel Faalele's face during a practice once and Daniel walked out for a little while and then returned. PJ described it as challenging him and he wanted to see how he would respond. I wouldn't be surprised if it was maybe something similar. Some guys take that well, others less so.

At the Wisconsin game I watched PJ and AK talking on the sidelines, PJ seemed to be coaching him about something based on his moments (like a QB), so whatever happened they were still chatting it up then.

lol....who do you think doesn't get it? I mean you get out there with a lot of your stuff but you are acting like you are onto something hidden that is plainly obvious to everyone.

The WR/TE dropped some really catchable passes, they also dropped some really poorly thrown balls. It isn't complicated.
What is somewhat complicated would be the reasons so many really catchable passes were dropped. Wide receivers catch footballs from grade school onward. They play the position because that is their skill.

It is very understandable that balls thrown behind the cutting receiver, and balls thrown low or otherwise outside a normal catch zone will be dropped, even though great receivers catch a lot of those too.

But for an accomplished receiver who has caught footballs most of his life to just drop a ball in the normal catch zone is inexplicable. That shouldn't happen more than once a year for most receivers.

QBs are entering the portal all over the college football landscape. How many of those can we blame on P.J. Fleck, I wonder?
It's pretty clear he left because he knew he would have to compete against a transfer for the job next year.

Fair number of QBs have left in the last few years.

Top Bottom