A positive: Wisconsin's #1 (Parish) a Gopher

Look, I'm not trashing the U, nor am I trashing Parish. For all anyone knows he could end up an all B10 QB someday. Just saying, as has been mentioned before in this thread, that Parish was somewhere down the list of QBs that the UW staff was after. Maybe they mis-evaluated him, I guess we'll find out in the coming 4-5 years.

Agreed.

I love the hammering away on each other as much as the next guy, but it seems like if both sides could agree on a few points, maybe all the Bucky trolls would go away.

1. By any objective measure, Wisconsin has had the superior football program for the last 15 years or so.
2. Prior to that, their program was terrible; in fact, it was probably in worse shape than ours is now.
3. This demonstrates a program can return from the dead, so to speak, meaning the Gophers are not destined to always be inferior to the Badgers.
4. No one has any clue whether Parish or Brennan will be the better QB.
5. We can point to the Rivals ranking to demonstrate Parish's superiority, while Bucky can point to their guy's offer sheet. Neither mean anything at this point.

no one mentioned the rivalry. this is classic badger delusion. you speak reason to fantasy and it is 'window dressing'. it is impossible to have a rational conversation with sconnites.

The fact that many here are arguing that last years UM team was similar in quality to UW is absolutely irrational- not quite sure how you figure that is just on the UW side. Wisconsin lead the B10 in offense, lead the B10 in rushing defense, and was somewhere around middle of the pack in total defense. The UM team had one of the worst offenses in history, and due to that pathetic offense, was in the bottom third in defense as well.

What is classic Badger delusion? If you saw the UW-UM game last year, your first B10 football game in your new stadium (I'd say there should be a little extra juice for the gophers), you saw the physical dominance UW portrayed on both lines. An 88 yard fumble recovery was a HUGE 14 point swing, but the Badgers still drove the length of the field the next drive and scored another touchdown.

You're right- we lost to Ohio State, Iowa, and NW. Turnovers are killers. We held Ohio State to 87 passing yards and 97 rushing yards. That same offense put up over 500 yards on the gophers.

I don't think you would have nearly as many Badger 'trolls' on this site if the gopher fans weren't so delusional in continuing to call the UW program average and paper tigers. As was mentioned above, UW has one 13 of the last 15 games, including 6 straight. Yet, the majority of people here continue to talk about how Bret Bielema is running the program into the ground, and how its rotting at the core. What do you think UW fans are going to say to such idiotic comments as that?

Whatever, I guess we will just meet again next year at Camp Randall. Maybe the Gophers win, and people will love Tim Brewster. Or, maybe the Badgers steam roll the gophs.

And 1899- there was a thread about the B10 bowl game predictions, and you were SO adamant that UW had no chance against Miami, claiming there was absolutely NO chance UW could win. It is just completely asinine to hear you say, 'yeah they played a good game, but they are just average.' Ugh, and we're the delusional ones? Give me a break.

The fact that many here are arguing that last years UM team was similar in quality to UW is absolutely irrational- not quite sure how you figure that is just on the UW side. Wisconsin lead the B10 in offense, lead the B10 in rushing defense, and was somewhere around middle of the pack in total defense. The UM team had one of the worst offenses in history, and due to that pathetic offense, was in the bottom third in defense as well.

who's arguing that?

What is classic Badger delusion? If you saw the UW-UM game last year, your first B10 football game in your new stadium (I'd say there should be a little extra juice for the gophers), you saw the physical dominance UW portrayed on both lines. An 88 yard fumble recovery was a HUGE 14 point swing, but the Badgers still drove the length of the field the next drive and scored another touchdown.

i would not be proud of beating a team that was being physically dominated on both lines. doesn't matter how the ball bounced and how the swings went. i could make an argument that a bounce or two could have gone to the gophers, its irrelevant. why would you beat your chest about the dominance of your team when that dominance only yielded a 3 point win?

You're right- we lost to Ohio State, Iowa, and NW. Turnovers are killers. We held Ohio State to 87 passing yards and 97 rushing yards. That same offense put up over 500 yards on the gophers.

gophers had turnover problems, but the second i complain about losing a game because a turnover i would have one of our friendly badger guests reminding me that it is the final score that matter.

I don't think you would have nearly as many Badger 'trolls' on this site if the gopher fans weren't so delusional in continuing to call the UW program average and paper tigers.

why does it bother you that your most heated rival talks bad about you? clearly the badgers were paper tigers (with the exception of miami).

As was mentioned above, UW has one 13 of the last 15 games, including 6 straight. Yet, the majority of people here continue to talk about how Bret Bielema is running the program into the ground, and how its rotting at the core. What do you think UW fans are going to say to such idiotic comments as that?

?

And 1899- there was a thread about the B10 bowl game predictions, and you were SO adamant that UW had no chance against Miami, claiming there was absolutely NO chance UW could win. It is just completely asinine to hear you say, 'yeah they played a good game, but they are just average.' Ugh, and we're the delusional ones? Give me a break.

actually i didn't say that wisconsin had absolutely NO chance. i said:

there is no reason to believe that wisconsin will beat miami. wiscy had a cakewalk of a schedule this year and i really don't think they are any where near as good as miami. they could be, but how would you be able to tell? their three best victories were close games to cal state university fresno, michigan state and minnesota. color me unimpressed. miami, however has some nice W's on their record.

lot's of bigtenchamps1899 boilerplate 'big ten sucks' rhetoric. i was proven wrong in buying the EPSN koolaid. but i didn't say that wisconsin had no chance, that would be pretty foolish of me. i even said that wisconsin could beat miami, just that their performance throughout season gave me no reason believe that they would

You are ridiculous. You refute none of the points I make, simply spin them in a different direction. This thread is so tired. The gophers are #1 and the Badgers are obviously in a talespin towards usurping Minnesota's position as B10 doormat (if we are clearly paper tigers, it's even more clear that the gophs are the doormat of the B10).

Tom Parish will be 1st team All-America as Brewster brings Gopher Nation to Pasadena- not for the Rose Bowl, but for the National Title Game. Obviously tons of big time BCS schools held off on offering Parish because he was committed to the gophers in June!

Consider this, Einstein

" i could make an argument that a bounce or two could have gone to the gophers, its irrelevant. why would you beat your chest about the dominance of your team when that dominance only yielded a 3 point win?"

A "bounce or two" did go to the Gophers and that was the 14-point swing near the end of the game. Statistically, you folks were thumped that day, much like Wisconsin vs. Miami in Orlando.

I hate to break it to bucky fans

but everyone in the big 10 beats us over the years..........i dont know what the big deal is coming to this board and telling us wisconsin is better over the years

so is MSU
so is Iowa
so is PSU
so is OSU
so is NW
so is MICH
so is Purdue

I usually dream of being OSU or PSU but never dream of being wisconsin. I hope this helps.

Luckily, you don't have that problem.:cool03:

touche.

seriously, though. why are you all here?

i just went over to BV and there are at least three threads about the gophers on the front page (how's that for obsessive) and yet i wasn't tempted to post once. do you know why? because i know that it is a badger board (even if it is slightly anemic, at least the curse filter doesn't edit d0uche), and i am not going to talk any sense into any badger fans.

what causes someone to set up and account on an opponent's board? what is the thought process?

I'd still rather be Ohio State than Wisconsin.

Well of course you would! The point is, if you guys were in our league of success, you'd all be silly with contentment. Instead, you have to post about how much you hate Wisconsin and how the coach is running the team into the ground, and how their record isn't really impressive, blah, blah, blah.

Wisconsin is to Ohio State what Minnesota is to Wisconsin. Before you can dream of being OSU, you'll have to have the pleasure of being Wisconsin. Can't see that happening any time soon.

i just went over to BV and there are at least three threads about the gophers on the front page (how's that for obsessive)

Don't confuse obsession with comic relief. Seriously, pointing out the bumbling East Dakota program is done with the sole intention of laughter.

BIOV and Gopher Troll62. What a waste of a thread this turned into.

Well of course you would! The point is, if you guys were in our league of success, you'd all be silly with contentment. Instead, you have to post about how much you hate Wisconsin and how the coach is running the team into the ground, and how their record isn't really impressive, blah, blah, blah.

Wisconsin is to Ohio State what Minnesota is to Wisconsin. Before you can dream of being OSU, you'll have to have the pleasure of being Wisconsin. Can't see that happening any time soon.

you hate minnesota too......or you wouldnt be here

takes some of the sting off the vikings punking your state this year with you know who

A swing and a miss!

"takes some of the sting off the vikings punking your state this year with you know who"

For many of us, the Packers are largely irrelevant. Folks who have been to the Metrodome for a Gopher game on Saturday and a Viking game on Sunday know that the average NFL fan has a distinctly different profile -- the average NFL fan skews a bit lower on the food chain. This is true in the Twin Cities as well as in Green Bay.

Having said that, it is somewhat telling that it takes Wisconsin and Packer cast-offs to put the Vikings in a position to enjoy success. You have Childress, Bevel, Longwell, and of course #4. I was sorry (but hardly surprised) to see the Vikings choke away the NFC championship. It would have been somewhat more enjoyable to see the Vikings become the first five-time Super Bowl losers. Perhaps that pleasure lies ahead.

Why do I come to this site? Your distinguished alumnus Rupert presented the initial impetus. Once here, it become enjoyable in much the same way as an automobile accident. You want to look but you know you really shouldn't. Please excuse us.

To the badger trolls on this board:
Do you really think that we don't enjoy laughing at you for being on this board? Honestly think about that for a moment. What horrid little lives you must be suffering through.

"takes some of the sting off the vikings punking your state this year with you know who"

For many of us, the Packers are largely irrelevant. Folks who have been to the Metrodome for a Gopher game on Saturday and a Viking game on Sunday know that the average NFL fan has a distinctly different profile -- the average NFL fan skews a bit lower on the food chain. This is true in the Twin Cities as well as in Green Bay.

Having said that, it is somewhat telling that it takes Wisconsin and Packer cast-offs to put the Vikings in a position to enjoy success. You have Childress, Bevel, Longwell, and of course #4. I was sorry (but hardly surprised) to see the Vikings choke away the NFC championship. It would have been somewhat more enjoyable to see the Vikings become the first five-time Super Bowl losers. Perhaps that pleasure lies ahead.

Why do I come to this site? Your distinguished alumnus Rupert presented the initial impetus. Once here, it become enjoyable in much the same way as an automobile accident. You want to look but you know you really shouldn't. Please excuse us.

I like the odds of the vikings winning the super bowl before the badgers ever winning a national championship

touche.

seriously, though. why are you all here?

what causes someone to set up and account on an opponent's board? what is the thought process?

I can't speak for everyone, but I lived in the Twin Cities (a couple blocks from Lake Harriet) in the late 1970s, early 1980s. [The best part of it was being able to follow the Olympic Hockey Team prior to the Miracle; they played a series of games in the hockey facility down by the old Met. Fun even though Gopher Herb was coach;)] If you are a fan of college football and hockey, you read the newspapers and most of the stories are about the home team, so you become somewhat familiar with the product. We made a lot of friends in Minnesota and have attended the UW-Minnesota game almost every year since, with some time out for pregnancies, etc. I still have relatives in the area and nieces/nephews who go to "the U" (and, yes, they are Gopher fans, but I overlook that).

So, that's why I initially came over here - to catch up on things. The comic relief is a reason to stay, however. We do get regular Gopher posters on Badger boards; some are annoying, some are informative, some are almost illerate - just like sports posters everywhere.

Top Bottom