A positive: Wisconsin's #1 (Parish) a Gopher

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
More positive remindering about our pending 2010 class: we may be on the verge of losing our state's #1 , but we are on the verge of signing Wisconsin's #1, Tom Parish. Not too shabby after that fat turkey-neck a-hole's comments about recruiting in state in Minnesota.

PS- I am aware Parish is currently ranked #2 in WI by Rivals, but take a look at the current #1 Mike Hardy. He was demoted to a 5.6 (below Parish) but the rankings weren't updated.

I've had a good feeling about his abilities all along but it's nice to see the #1 ranking. Your statement about being "on the verge of signing" him is a little scary. After his Dad said they were taking a wait and see position on whether or not he'll stay with his Gopher commitment depending on who replaces Fisch, I can only hope that Horton meets with their approval.

cue wisconsin fans reminding us that bert didn't want him.

i'm sorry, but you don't ignore the number one instate recruit with the kind of talent that parish has, whether he winds up at QB or somewhere else.

I've had a good feeling about his abilities all along but it's nice to see the #1 ranking. Your statement about being "on the verge of signing" him is a little scary. After his Dad said they were taking a wait and see position on whether or not he'll stay with his Gopher commitment depending on who replaces Fisch, I can only hope that Horton meets with their approval.

If Parish was okay with Fisch, he should be more than okay with Horton. Horton's QB coaching abilities are a major upgrade over Fisch and it's not a close comparison. Horton has had good success coaching QBs, has worked under very good coaches, knows both the college and pro game, and looks to be here for a while. If I were Parish or his dad, I'd be very happy with the Gopher's new OC.

cue wisconsin fans reminding us that bert didn't want him.

i'm sorry, but you don't ignore the number one instate recruit with the kind of talent that parish has, whether he winds up at QB or somewhere else.

but that is the case here. Oh well, congratulations I'm sure he'll end up a real stud.

More positive remindering about our pending 2010 class: we may be on the verge of losing our state's #1 , but we are on the verge of signing Wisconsin's #1, Tom Parish. Not too shabby after that fat turkey-neck a-hole's comments about recruiting in state in Minnesota.

PS- I am aware Parish is currently ranked #2 in WI by Rivals, but take a look at the current #1 Mike Hardy. He was demoted to a 5.6 (below Parish) but the rankings weren't updated.

And you are allowed to hire people?? Poor Mr. Parish will never be able to find a job in Wisconsin after this.

I'm not sure that I agree with your interpretation of what his father meant.

Parish will probably remain at #2. Michael Trotter will most likely be the #1 after the rankings are redone, at least according to the Midwest guy at Rivals.

Parish was never offered, mainly due to his unknown passing abilities. His has the arm, but the other aspects of passing are unknown. Having seen him play a couple times, I would agree with the assessment that he will more then likely move to another position. He reminded me of Weber in 2008, in terms of having really good running ability but the passing was inconsistent at best. Horton is really good with QBs(specialty) and if anyone can mold him into a QB he can. I am more curious to see what he can do with Gray.

They were only going to take one QB this year, and all of the Wisconsin QBs were well down the list to get offers.

More likely, Bielema knew he had no chance so he didn't offer him to save face.

Yeah, because that's how coaches work/think.:rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot - with Brewster it's all about the recruiting, not the winning.

That being said, jwill is right about Horton and QBs. Could make the next few years interesting.

They were only going to take one QB this year, and all of the Wisconsin QBs were well down the list to get offers.

Wisconsin wanted to take the approach with Parish that they take with most in-state players, wait until camp when you can evaluate players side-by-side to decide who to offer. The problem teams sometimes have with in-state players is that if you offer you have them whereas with out-of-state players you have to give an early offer to get in the competition for them and you can continue to evaluate them along the way. I respect what Wisconsin wants to do with waiting until summer camps to evaluate & offer but it sometimes burns them when a player like Parish (or Zagzebski) gets an early offer and commits. Sometimes you can turn them (Zagzebski) and sometimes you can't (Parish) so you don't formally offer to save face with your fans. Make no mistake about it, if Parish would have accepted a Wisconsin offer he would have had one but Parish had a relationship with a member of the Gopher staff and he was firmly committed to Minnesota.

Lets not forget that one of the early targets of Wisconsin was Johny Miller, from Denver Mullen, who isn't near the QB prospect that Parish is.

Just think, if you weren't such a troll you would have never read this and you wouldn't have had such a bad afternoon thinking about how problematic this is for your squad.

Just think, if you weren't such a troll you would have never read this and you wouldn't have had such a bad afternoon thinking about how problematic this is for your squad.

And if you knew anything about what you were responding to, your posts would be worth reading. How many times have you seen the kid play? At the time he committed to UM, I asked someone I know on the staff, and he said that a lot would have needed to happen(players going elsewhere) before Parrish was going to get an offer. You can call me a troll all you want, but I am just telling how it happened.

And if you knew anything about what you were responding to, your posts would be worth reading. How many times have you seen the kid play?

Gee, I seem to remember something about Wisconsin having a very limited number of scholarships this year such that they would never offer Zagzebski because they did not need any DEs.

Gee, I seem to remember something about Wisconsin having a very limited number of scholarships this year such that they would never offer Zagzebski because they did not need any DEs.

To be honest, I still think Konrad was more of an ego offer then a talent offer. Of the Dends that they recruited this year, he would be the least ready to play of any of them. UW seems to recrut DEs like UM recruits DBs.

Lets not forget that one of the early targets of Wisconsin was Johny Miller, from Denver Mullen, who isn't near the QB prospect that Parish is.

True, instead we landed Joseph Brennan from NJ (as well as his stud TE teammate Sherard Cadogan) who, based on offers, is a better QB prospect than Miller and Parish at this time.

To be honest, I still think Konrad was more of an ego offer then a talent offer. Of the Dends that they recruited this year, he would be the least ready to play of any of them. UW seems to recrut DEs like UM recruits DBs.

I definetly can see that (both sides).

True, instead we landed Joseph Brennan from NJ (as well as his stud TE teammate Sherard Cadogan) who, based on offers, is a better QB prospect than Miller and Parish at this time.

Parish is a 5.7 on rivals

Brennen is a 5.5

You have to love fans!

Parish is a 5.7 on rivals

Brennen is a 5.5

You have to love fans!

And Brennen has offers from UW, Duke, Iowa, Miami (FL), Pitt, Rutgers, Stanford, and Vandy.

Parish has offers from UM, Iowa and Western Michigan.

Got to love those Gopher Rivals koolaid drinkers.

And Brennen has offers from UW, Duke, Iowa, Miami (FL), Pitt, Rutgers, Stanford, and Vandy.

slight difference there. parish committed in april, brennan in september. also brennan is from NJ which is a state that tends to get recruited a lot harder from schools out of state and out of region. it is usually only the special kids in wisconsin (or minnesota for that matter) that get recruited from outside of the midwest--like hagerup.

there is no telling how much many more offers parish would have picked up had he stayed open or if he was from a more heavily recruited state.

also, if you have a top three guy in the state like parish that has the athleticism to play elsewhere you offer him find somewhere else to play him.

my point was only a fool would say one is better than the other

you dont have a clue and neither do I

my point was only a fool would say one is better than the other

you dont have a clue and neither do I

No, your point was to try to say Parrish is better because of some number that a website attached to his name.

Obviously no one will know who will turn out to be a better player until the years go by.

No, your point was to try to say Parrish is better because of some number that a website attached to his name.

Obviously no one will know who will turn out to be a better player until the years go by.

no my point was after you said your guy is better because he has more offers, I wondered why some rate parish better.......game, set match

you dont have a clue who is better....hell you dont even know what they look like......LMAO

Not a lot of talent in Wisky this year. Good thing Mn got a couple big linemen they can develop. We will wait and see with Parish....I really like his athleticism.

Top Bottom