#9 Gophers vs #8 Spartans Thursday at 11am

Gophers win next two, Ben Johnson redemption arc complete. 5 yr extension. Let's go!

Go beat MSU and then Purdue. Let's make this interesting and pull some upsets. Get to Saturday in our home town and and anything could happen.

Per Cuda…Iowa gets all the good. Gophers get fucked!

I'm not sure I agree with that. Of the 6,7,8 tie, we got the team that we matched up best with during the season. We beat them at home and had a tight game with them until late in the second half at their place. The other two teams (6 Indiana and 7 Iowa) beat us twice. I certainly don't want to see Indiana again

I'm indifferent to the choice between Purdue or Illinois if we get that far.

Season over. One and done, no NIT.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Of the 6,7,8 tie, we got the team that we matched up best with during the season. We beat them at home and had a tight game with them until late in the second half at their place. The other two teams (6 Indiana and 7 Iowa) beat us twice. I certainly don't want to see Indiana again

I'm indifferent to the choice between Purdue or Illinois if we get that far.

You missed the image. Or it didn’t attach. I don’t care what seed the gophers got.

Bought tickets. Would be my first game since 2020. If I go.
Go. Tournament environment is usually pretty fun. In Chicago and Indy usually great and generally not obnoxious fans. Hard to tell how that translates to Target Center but I would predict a pretty good environment.

Go. Tournament environment is usually pretty fun. In Chicago and Indy usually great and generally not obnoxious fans. Hard to tell how that translates to Target Center but I would predict a pretty good environment.

I would like to. Cant always disappear for 3 hour mid day during the week 😂

It’s crazy that 9th place in this down conference even gets you on the bubble. Izzo’s name doing a lot of work.
Yah sure....or it's actually scheduling strong with teams like Duke, AZ, FAU, Baylor etc vs scheduling 10 teams that might be middle of the pack NSIC teams.

Yah sure....or it's actually scheduling strong with teams like Duke, AZ, FAU, Baylor etc vs scheduling 10 teams that might be middle of the pack NSIC teams.
This is exactly it.

Hey now...we've been informed the weakest schedule in major college basketball was actually a great idea.

Because, you know, CBJ was the only coach in the nation that had to deal with TWO transfers. How was he supposed to prepare all these newcomers for the B1G if not by playing IUPUI??

This is a must win for Michigan State!!

Izzo will out coach Ben and get the "W"

I really don't know what to think. We could show up again and look like a legit team. Or the team we've seen the last few weeks shows up and MSU hangs a 20+ burger on us. CBJ cannot afford an implosion in what amounts to a home game for us. The team is relatively healthy. This is the time to show that it is all coming together. Have a Nebraska - Indiana - Northwestern showing and any goodwill that may have been earned will take a significant hit. I want to see them string 2 complete halves together, start to finish.

Interesting way to see the breakdown of NETs and Quads.

OK, MN knows Izzo and the recipe for victory is--Garcia limit Hall, and defend Walker aggressively. We can certainly outscore them if the game is in the 70's. Anybody think the short rotations the last 6-7 games are hurting us defensively? Supposedly we have the best defenders on the floor, but they could be wearing down.

I see one of two things happening in this match up:

1. Low scoring clunker. Both teams play terrible and it comes down to free throws as Gophers pull out a 47-45 victory.

2. Gopher can’t hit water from a boat and continue trend of playing horrible defense in losing by 20+.

You think an 8th place big ten team deserves to sniff the tournament because they played and lost 2 out of 3 of their non conference marquee games?

I’m not advocating Minnesota deserves to be in the discussion. So you can leave that argument at home. I don’t care about our non conference schedule. I’m advocating that Michigan State is bad and should be in the NIT.

MSU is a great matchup for us. They are bad shooters and will not be able to exploit the horrible Gopher defense. I will be taking the points in this one: $$$ of $$$$ rating pick

Izzo has been begging his senior leaders to show consistency all year, and it has yet to happen. With a loss, Michigan State will likely be out of the tournament and break its 25-year streak. That's a lot of pressure.

If we're locked in and engaged early, I could see Sparty crumbling late. I would much rather play MSU than Indiana, Ohio State, or Iowa.

You think an 8th place big ten team deserves to sniff the tournament because they played and lost 2 out of 3 of their non conference marquee games?

I’m not advocating Minnesota deserves to be in the discussion. So you can leave that argument at home. I don’t care about our non conference schedule. I’m advocating that Michigan State is bad and should be in the NIT.
Their net ranking was 23 going into yesterday.

Top Bottom