4 possessions.

balds

Reaction score
4 different guys bringing the ball up the floor. Why was BC bringing up the ball and engaging a defender?

Total Failure.

4 different guys bringing the ball up the floor. Why was BC bringing up the ball and engaging a defender?

Total Failure.
I’m going with Hawkins could not come back in. No coach could be that foolish to not have your best ball handler and free throw shooter not on the floor at the end of a tight game.

I’m going with Hawkins could not come back in. No coach could be that foolish to not have your best ball handler and free throw shooter not on the floor at the end of a tight game.
Nice try. Mitchell was on the floor/available. Your coach completely shit his pants.

NO AVOIDING THIS.

There had to be something wrong with Hawkins. He was recruited exactly for the last 5 minutes of that game.
Ben angrily yanked him after he made that atrocious turnover around the 4 min mark. I hope you're right, but my gut says it was intentional.

I'm all for a 1-minute benching; tell him to take care of the ball and win the game.

But to leave him on the bench when we're literally fumbling the ball, getting 10-second calls, shooting shots that aren't touching the rim—that's insanity.

Ben angrily yanked him after he made that atrocious turnover around the 4 min mark. I hope you're right, but my gut says it was intentional.

I'm all for a 1-minute benching; tell him to take care of the ball and win the game.

But to leave him on the bench when we're literally fumbling the ball, getting 10-second calls, shooting shots that aren't touching the rim—that's insanity.
Man, if it was intentional, that’s as bad as it gets. You’re probably right, but like you said, Mitchell, Garcia, abd Christie all had bad plays in that stretch.

The final 2 possessions especially were coaching malpractice at the highest level.

the first one was literally in front of our bench too so no excuse there

and the second was after he called time out and drew up the damn play.

Incredible. Actually in a way, its rather impressive Ben managed to get a high school diploma with that level of thinking.

And, if he was worried about his size on defense...the opportunity was there to sub him in on offense only.
And if you are not going to play him because he is too short maybe you should have recruited somebody else or now that he's here play a defense that doesn't require him to be switching unto people in the post.

And we're all in on the PG from East Ridge, who's about 5'10, 140, and about as Big Ten ready as I am. When they played Park Center in Breakdown this fall he was about the 8th best guard on the floor.

Johnson needs to be gone, now.
You realize what fall ball is? Coaches basically off the street and street ball.

He uses the D end of the floor to justify the decision. But that does nothing to explain why, with 9 seconds remaining and we have possession, down 2, he isn't in the game. Defense isn't the concern at that point. Pretty difficult for me to understand that decision. Those final two offensive possessions were "The AD would like you to go into his office, please, Ben, he says you need to talk" possessions.

And, if he was worried about his size on defense...the opportunity was there to sub him in on offense only.
And if you are not going to play him because he is too short maybe you should have recruited somebody else or now that he's here play a defense that doesn't require him to be switching unto people in the post.
This also may be one of the shortest teams we play this year, and we trot out Payne, Garcia and Ihnen...who are not small.

Mizzou laughed all the way back home. Laughed loudly.

Mizzou laughed all the way back home. Laughed loudly.
Well I’m sure Gates chewed them a new one for at least a few minutes, they were down 20 after all with about 11 min or so to go in the game. But after that I’m sure they were bouncing off the walls about their good fortune.

Well I’m sure Gates chewed them a new one for at least a few minutes, they were down 20 after all with about 11 min or so to go in the game. But after that I’m sure they were bouncing off the walls about their good fortune.
Results.

An attempt at Sarcasm?
No…here is what I was initially responding to...

So... my comment was more saying that heck, even if we turned the ball over in that 9 seconds... we would have an overwhelming size advantage that we would not likely see the rest of the year (with Ihnen, Payne, and Garcia on the floor), plus in all reality the Gophers would immediately foul...so CBJ's comment that he was worried about Hawkins getting on switched on defense is insane in reality.

Top Bottom