2024 Commits Football Season Highlights/News

Drake Lindsey has been phenomenal this year.

• Fayetteville (Ark.) quarterback Drake Lindsey, who has verbally committed to the Gophers, had another outstanding game Friday, completing 25 of 28 passes for 337 yards and seven touchdowns in a 56-28 win over Har-Ber. The Bulldogs are 10-0, and Lindsey has completed 199 of 290 passes (68.6%) for 3,078 yards and 47 TDs with one interception this season.

Go Gophers!!

Geez…I just have a feeling we won’t hang onto this kid. That’s too bad because he must be the real deal by the offers.
I'm from up north and have some connections to the Esko fb program. He's solid. That could obviously fall apart at any time just in terms of, "Hey, here's $100k, commit to our program," but the kid is still holding on tight as a maroon and gold commit. Don't crucify me if that falls apart lol.

Here come the “He must stay loyal to his home state” type comments. We all know with NIL the money is coming and I doubt he’s rich in Esko. How many of us would not be leaving our current job for greener pastures(blue blood programs that have many first rd picks per year) and a 25k pay raise?

Here come the “He must stay loyal to his home state” type comments. We all know with NIL the money is coming and I doubt he’s rich in Esko. How many of us would not be leaving our current job for greener pastures(blue blood programs that have many first rd picks per year) and a 25k pay raise?
Esko isn't a poverty stricken community and it's pretty closely knit. I guarantee his family is middle class at the least. Any NIL money he gets from a big name program won't be reinvested in his family to pull them from a bad situation a la some kids who grow up inner city. It comes down to what he wants and where he wants to be. I don't know if playing at a blue chip helmet school for exposure is thst important to him because if it was, he wouldn't have stayed in Esko and would've played for one of the larger Duluth schools or gone to a prep academy. I do think he sticks with his commitment, especially looking at how successful our draft history with defensive backs, particularly safeties, has been.

Perich’s parents are a middle school phy ed/coach and an elementary school principal. Median household income in Esko is $105k. They are well above that. Likely a pretty comfortable middle class life. I doubt he’s jumping ship for NIL money unless it got silly.

If he wants a really good chance to play early on—be a gopher. If he wants to be on a CFP team and maybe not play—be a buckeye. If he wants to give up 50pts per game—be a Trojan

Esko isn't a poverty stricken community and it's pretty closely knit. I guarantee his family is middle class at the least. Any NIL money he gets from a big name program won't be reinvested in his family to pull them from a bad situation a la some kids who grow up inner city. It comes down to what he wants and where he wants to be. I don't know if playing at a blue chip helmet school for exposure is thst important to him because if it was, he wouldn't have stayed in Esko and would've played for one of the larger Duluth schools or gone to a prep academy. I do think he sticks with his commitment, especially looking at how successful our draft history with defensive backs, particularly safeties, has been.
I get your point. Staying loyal to ESKO might mean more to him than just the money. Esko is a great community, and I'm sure his family and friends are a big part of his life. But I also think it's important to consider his future. Playing at a big-name program will give him a much better chance to get drafted and play in the NFL. And that could mean millions of dollars in career earnings. And if the draft history is solid, that is a big factor too. it's ultimately up to him to decide what's best for him. But I think he should take a serious look at all of his options before making the decision. In the meantime, I would like to say check out this highlight video of some of the top 2024 commits. just how talented some of these players are, and it's clear that they have a bright future ahead of them. I think it is very important for fans also. to be aware of all of the talent that is out there, and I hope that this video helps to do that.

Last edited:

I get your point. Staying loyal to ESKO might mean more to him than just the money. Esko is a great community, and I'm sure his family and friends are a big part of his life. But I also think it's important to consider his future. Playing at a big-name program will give him a much better chance to get drafted and play in the NFL. And that could mean millions of dollars in career earnings. And if the draft history is solid, that is a big factor too. it's ultimately up to him to decide what's best for him. But I think he should take a serious look at all of his options before make the decision. In the meantime, I would like to say check out this highlight video of some of the top 2024 commits. just how talented some of these players are, and it's clear that they have a bright future ahead of them. I think it is very important for fans also. to be aware of all of the talent that is out there, and I hope that this video helps to do that.
Does playing at USC, for example, guarantee getting drafted higher? What if he's buried on the depth chart there for 2 or 3 years? He'll probably play as a freshman here. It may actually improve his draft chances to play for the Gophers. We've done pretty well getting defensive players into the NFL, some of which were lower end recruits.

I get your point. Staying loyal to ESKO might mean more to him than just the money. Esko is a great community, and I'm sure his family and friends are a big part of his life. But I also think it's important to consider his future. Playing at a big-name program will give him a much better chance to get drafted and play in the NFL. And that could mean millions of dollars in career earnings. And if the draft history is solid, that is a big factor too. it's ultimately up to him to decide what's best for him. But I think he should take a serious look at all of his options before make the decision. In the meantime, I would like to say check out this highlight video of some of the top 2024 commits. just how talented some of these players are, and it's clear that they have a bright future ahead of them. I think it is very important for fans also. to be aware of all of the talent that is out there, and I hope that this video helps to do that.
Where's the vidoe?

Top Bottom