2024-2028 Big Ten Schedules have been released.

Disagree that Cinci counts. None of of up-jumped Big 12 four just invited this year count, for me. Otherwise you could say the same of FSU, UF, and Miami not playing Central Florida.

Notre Dame yes that's the other obvious one I didn't think of. Unique history there as well.

Disagree that Cinci counts. None of of up-jumped Big 12 four just invited this year count, for me. Otherwise you could say the same of FSU, UF, and Miami not playing Central Florida.
That's fair.

When I say "quasi P5" they were part of the Big East as well that had a path to a NYD Bowl game 2005 - 2012. Also an Independent in the 70s-80s they were part of a larger group also without affiliation...ND, FSU, Miami, BC, BYU, Syracuse, Pitt, Penn St et al.

That is true. They were in the Big East.

As was South Florida. Absolutely crazy how the tables turned from South to Central.

Just took a look. Wow, what a conference. Unlike in the B1G West, the majority of teams we face will now play a 21st Century version of football. Gophers, as underdogs in many games, will need a very stout yet opportunistic defense and, hate to say it, a creative offense that is designed to produce explosive plays and that can play from behind. The days of trying to grind out low-scoring victories and "turtling" through the second half when you have a lead won't even get you to 0.500 against this schedule. It's not just recruiting and NIL: it's HC/OC mindset, too. In this new league format, if PJ continues to use his current overly-conservative offensive (and special teams) strategy, he will lose a frustrated fan base well before he loses the team. Still, I really like the new league and the challenges it provides. Go Gophers.
In 2024 3/9 games are against the west + Maryland +Rutgers

In 2025 the majority of games are against the big ten west
5/9 + Rutgers + Michigan state
In 2026 4/9 games are against the west + Indiana

In 2027 4/9 games are against the west + Maryland + Indiana

In 2028 3/9 games are against the west + Maryland + Michigan state + Rutgers

But the average schedule isn’t that much different than what it has been. Maybe a half game tougher than the typical year. The same or easier than this year
Says the King Of Bad Takes.

Oregon & Oregon St will play each other for at least 2 more seasons.

Also interesting, as part of Washington St & Oregon St each playing 6 Mountain West Conf teams for the next 2 years, the MWC is shrinking their Conf schedule from 8 to 7 games.

Top Bottom