2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

No one should be a slave to a computer index but computer indexes are better than humans for:

1) arranging general rankings among a very large group of objects around objective criteria;

2) being able to provide general consensus.

As long as the criteria on those indexes are transparent, understandable, and consistent people can adjust to them.
Perhaps, but you realize it is possible that no one on the Selection Committee has watched an actual game all season. They do not need to watch or enjoy basketball to read printouts. I suspect many posters here do not actually enjoy the games. Some may not watch many.

So instead of computers you're going to let other humans decide who you think is good? Makes sense.
Yes, it makes absolutely perfect sense. Computers calling a win in November as having equal weight with a win in February or March is beyond stupid.

Perhaps, but you realize it is possible that no one on the Selection Committee has watched an actual game all season. They do not need to watch or enjoy basketball to read printouts. I suspect many posters here do not actually enjoy the games. Some may not watch many.

I agree completely. This is where fantasy sports (in all its forms) have corrupted minds. But, selecting teams based on watching games is no solution either. Not everyone watches the same games and no one watches anything remotely close to all of the games.

I agree completely. This is where fantasy sports (in all its forms) have corrupted minds. But, selecting teams based on watching games is no solution either. Not everyone watches the same games and no one watches anything remotely close to all of the games.
Selection Committee has access to all games. Can watch as many as they feel the need for, which today means few or none if so inclined.

Yes, it makes absolutely perfect sense. Computers calling a win in November as having equal weight with a win in February or March is beyond stupid.

You're not following along. That dude has been preaching about using your own brain to decide who was good and not the computers. I ask him who he thinks is good and he says, well, whoever the AP thinks is good. That makes no sense.

Also, a win in November means just as much as a win in February, as it should. Same with a loss.

Selection Committee has access to all games. Can watch as many as they feel the need for, which today means few or none if so inclined.

You're kidding right? The problem isn't access. The problem is the number of hours in the day and the competition from eating, sleeping, working, and other necessary and normal human activities.

Good for Duquesne. Going to win the A10 Tournament and make their first NCAA Tournament since 1977.
Had forgotten the background of their coach, Dambrot. Scandal at Central Michigan and then coaches Lebron in high school.

After all these years I don’t know why I’m ever surprised when Wisconsin keeps winning. But sweet Jesus it pisses me off.

Illinois wins the Championship. Got to give props to Wisconsin though. They looked very good this weekend.

No the Big East teams are far ahead hence why they have 80% of their league in the top 70 of college basketball

They won games out of league.

Again, you continue to show you dont know how this works.
2nd best conference got 3 teams in the tournament. 🤡

Top Bottom