2022 Best BBQ Restaurant In Every College Town (Minnesota: Beast BBQ)

Is Beast that good? Never been there. Usually, disappointed in BBQ joints and just make my own at home.

First time I've heard of it. If anyone here has tried it - is it worth checking out?

It's ok. Little overpriced.

Revival is better.
Animales is my favorite in MPLS.

Just to give you an idea of my taste in BBQ...I loved Rudolphs! Absolute disciple. Dang near cried when they closed. Lately, been going to Old Southern BBQ....sometimes really good...always at least decent. But, I'm open to suggestions...

I found Red Wing Brewery Pizza from suggestions on here and that has been awesome each time!
Thank you guys!

We need to get a list...then we need a poll for pizza and for ribs :) But first we need more candidates.

Market BBQ has been a family tradition for decades for us.

Go Market BBQ!!

Just to give you an idea of my taste in BBQ...I loved Rudolphs! Absolute disciple. Dang near cried when they closed. Lately, been going to Old Southern BBQ....sometimes really good...always at least decent. But, I'm open to suggestions...

I found Red Wing Brewery Pizza from suggestions on here and that has been awesome each time!
Thank you guys!

We need to get a list...then we need a poll for pizza and for ribs :) But first we need more candidates.
I was just wondering if Rudolphs was still around. My go-to for BBQ as well.

Didn't the Jaxson Howard thread have a lengthy discussion about BBQ joints? Feels like it went on for pages and pages....

As far as Big Game Boomer's lists go at least this one took some research. Many of the others just feel like tossing darts at a board and making the list.
.... Bleed is BGB. I've decided.

There's no way you would start threads with those worthless Tweets, otherwise. :cool:

Like with Tony Liebert posting his "TL" branded content on here, like it is "official" GH content or something.

Picked up Scott Ja Mama's last week and I must say I wasn't impressed. My wife said she would just rather have pick up some Lloyds at the supermarket.
A lot goes into the product you are purchasing. I worked for Famous Dave's as a consultant (Design and Construction) when he first got up and running. At first the product he was purchasing made all the difference, but pressure to the bottom line made him have to change vendors and the quality suffered. I don't know if any of you remember when he started out in the metro in a old gas station on 43rd and Upton, but the Ribs were the best back then.

Is somebody here getting paid to keep giving free publicity to that garbage twitter account?

I was surprised to find a pretty good BBQ restaurant (The Piggy) up in Walker, on Leech Lake last week. You'd think a region like that would stick to fairly safe restaurant choices for such small towns but there you've got Thai food (Hackensack) as well as good BBQ (Walker) in the area.

Is somebody here getting paid to keep giving free publicity to that garbage twitter account?
Love Big Game Boomer, big fan. He’s been coming up with controversial lists to pass the dog days of the offseason since the beginning. However, on this one I have no clue if he is right. Never been to Beast.

Ted Cooks? Only about 20 min from my home. I'll give it a shot.
It's pretty good

I get the sliced beef with their hot bbq sauce

I know some think sauce in beef is blasphemy, but, it hits spot for me every time

Love Big Game Boomer, big fan. He’s been coming up with controversial lists to pass the dog days of the offseason since the beginning. However, on this one I have no clue if he is right. Never been to Beast.
They aren't even controversial it's just throwing shit at a wall and hoping people stop to smell it

They aren't even controversial it's just throwing shit at a wall and hoping people stop to smell it

Yeah, and? Listen, we can settle this like gentleman. Just tell me when and where. As a forewarning, the last guy I dealt with personally presented to urgent care three days later. Word is that the x-ray of his right hand was negative, but he did receive a prescription for voltaren to treat some mild swelling. Meanwhile, my left eye is healing well.

03a6fa8d-bc43-4b4d-a17e-be08bccd381e.jpg

Yeah, and? Listen, we can settle this like gentleman. Just tell me when and where. As a forewarning, the last guy I dealt with personally presented to urgent care three days later. Word is that the x-ray of his right hand was negative, but he did receive a prescription for voltaren to treat some mild swelling. Meanwhile, my left eye is healing well.

03a6fa8d-bc43-4b4d-a17e-be08bccd381e.jpg
well played!

Ted Cooks? Only about 20 min from my home. I'll give it a shot.
Old school takeout joint.
I was just wondering if Rudolphs was still around. My go-to for BBQ as well.
Jimmy (former owner) is up there in age. After decades of work I hope he has some good years to enjoy himself.

Miss Big Daddy's when the founders ran it. The Flintstone beef brisket sandwich was the best I'd had outside of Oklahoma.

Market BBQ is another solid place. Been a while. It was nice to go there after an event uptown or downtown.

Had FIrebox BBQ once. It was decent.

Famous Dave's uptown was okay. It was mostly about the music to me when they had live blues.

Most of the others I haven't tried yet including Revival. Heard good things about Revival though.

All twitter accounts are garbage.
At best, a twitter account might link you to something useful and informative.
But 99% of it is garbage.

Twitter is essentially commercials for what could be decent content, but often isn't.

Love Big Game Boomer, big fan. He’s been coming up with wild n crazy lists since the beginning. However, with this list, he may be off his rocker. iowa st over iowa? Lol. Tceh over t.u.? Lmao. UCF over UF? ROFL. Georgia State over UGA? WTF @GSUsTALON?

Old school takeout joint.

Jimmy (former owner) is up there in age. After decades of work I hope he has some good years to enjoy himself.

Miss Big Daddy's when the founders ran it. The Flintstone beef brisket sandwich was the best I'd had outside of Oklahoma.

Market BBQ is another solid place. Been a while. It was nice to go there after an event uptown or downtown.

Had FIrebox BBQ once. It was decent.

Famous Dave's uptown was okay. It was mostly about the music to me when they had live blues.

Most of the others I haven't tried yet including Revival. Heard good things about Revival though.
Did you ever make it to Big Daddy's when he was in the Union Depot and they had that Sunday brunch? It was fantastic. I feel for the guy, it was opened about 10 years too soon (before lowertown took off).

My favorites in the cites are Animales and Ted Cook's.

Love Big Game Boomer, big fan. He’s been coming up with wild n crazy lists since the beginning. However, with this list, he may be off his rocker. iowa st over iowa? Lol. Tceh over t.u.? Lmao. UCF over UF? ROFL. Georgia State over UGA? WTF @GSUsTALON?
Tech over UT makes sense to me.

However, Tech over A&M? Nope. If you've lived in Texas, it doesn't take long to realize that A&M is like a cult.

Tech over UT makes sense to me.

However, Tech over A&M? Nope. If you've lived in Texas, it doesn't take long to realize that A&M is like a cult.
I have lived in Texas, and go back frequently. t.u. is the official outfitter for Academy t-shirt fans. Aggy is in second. Tceh, behlor, houston, pony u, and the horny toads are way behind. Anyway, the incredibly embarrassing yell leader video in the car appears to be scrubbed from the internet. So this aggy cult gif will have to do…

SmoggySereneElver-size_restricted.gif

Top Bottom