2019 NCAA Tournament Other Games Thread

I was hoping that none of Tre, Reid and Geno would make it here so we didn't have to here about the local angle but realistically wasn't expecting it so pleasantly surprised.

Not exactly thrilled we have a Big Ten team in the FF, either (conference pride is a myth) but I'll take that over the local stories being hammered all week.

I don't really like it because of conference pride. But I want the conference to continue to have respect. If the whole conference would have bowed out already people would be talking about how overrated the B1G was. Instead we had a strong showing which will help the view of the conference again next year.

I don't really like it because of conference pride. But I want the conference to continue to have respect. If the whole conference would have bowed out already people would be talking about how overrated the B1G was. Instead we had a strong showing which will help the view of the conference again next year.

It would have been more fun if Purdue was in the Final Four and announcers were able to say that the Gophers beat them twice.

He would have been a great player for us and a hero. Would have meant at least a few more wins and likely another tournament win. Although not in the top three at Duke, he is a very good player and apparently a good kid. However, he turned his back on his buddies (Oturu, Kalscheur and Omersa) and snubbed his home state. I was very glad to see him lose today. Mostly, though, because I hate Duke. It was like watching the lunch-pail back-yard kids defeat the entitled elitist snobs. Thank you Michigan State!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the thank you.

It would have been more fun if Purdue was in the Final Four and announcers were able to say that the Gophers beat them twice.

Agreed! But we all know there would have been no mention of that on national TV

Forgive me if this sentiment has already been posted, but I'm experiencing retroactive rage about the seedings, just from the standpoint of lack of regard for the Big Ten. The ACC got three--count 'em, three--number-one seeds and the Big Ten zero, even though the B1G was the best conference, top to bottom, in the NCAA. I'll allow that Virginia was deserving, and Duke was the odds-on favorite to win it all, but North Carolina?? Meanwhile, MSU is in the Final Four, and Purdue came within an eyelash of being there, too.

I'll be the first to admit that the cream does tend to rise to the top, and the conference's record in the Dance speaks for itself, so point proven. But we all know that that won't count for anything when the selection committee meets next year. And add to all this the indignity of MSU, Minnesota and Ohio State placed to pick each other off in the first three rounds. That steams my cachongas as much as anything.

Epilogue: the Gophers finished 11-12 in this murderers row of a conference. We should be feeling pretty good about that.

Forgive me if this sentiment has already been posted, but I'm experiencing retroactive rage about the seedings, just from the standpoint of lack of regard for the Big Ten. The ACC got three--count 'em, three--number-one seeds and the Big Ten zero, even though the B1G was the best conference, top to bottom, in the NCAA. I'll allow that Virginia was deserving, and Duke was the odds-on favorite to win it all, but North Carolina?? Meanwhile, MSU is in the Final Four, and Purdue came within an eyelash of being there, too.

I'll be the first to admit that the cream does tend to rise to the top, and the conference's record in the Dance speaks for itself, so point proven. But we all know that that won't count for anything when the selection committee meets next year. And add to all this the indignity of MSU, Minnesota and Ohio State placed to pick each other off in the first three rounds. That steams my cachongas as much as anything.

Epilogue: the Gophers finished 11-12 in this murderers row of a conference. We should be feeling pretty good about that.

Yep. The system is run by ACC/SEC cronies. Saw somewhere here that "shares" are determined by number of wins per conference in the tournament, so clumping the same conference teams together can potentially cost cash to them. The yapping heads on TV were talking about such a dominant top of the ACC that there might be four of them in the Final Four. They were a freak play away from getting none. It's what we live with.

11-13 IF YOU COUNT ALL POSTSEASON i think. Either way, i would never be proud in year 6 of being under.500.

Yep. The system is run by ACC/SEC cronies. Saw somewhere here that "shares" are determined by number of wins per conference in the tournament, so clumping the same conference teams together can potentially cost cash to them. The yapping heads on TV were talking about such a dominant top of the ACC that there might be four of them in the Final Four. They were a freak play away from getting none. It's what we live with.

Freak play ! What about Edwards bank 3 and shooting way above his norm. Boilers lost 10 games, the best team won the game. Duke deserved a one seed, UNC did not. Too bad, beat the team in front of you.

Top Bottom