2014-2015 Gopher Women's Season Thread!

Team's had a really rough game so far, and it shows. Down 52-50 with 7 mins and change to go against a poor Indiana squad. Hopefully the ladies get it together here and start to get a little seperation.

Looked like Kelley blocked the ball and went off the IU players hand after but IU is keeping possession.
Lobbing passes into the post has not worked yet the guards are still trying it. This has been Mullaney's least effective game since the Banham injury.

announcers don't know which team they are talking about

Why would we foul there?? That was EXTREMELY stupid.

Gophers win 65-61 against Indiana. Honestly didn't deserve to win that one, but they pulled it out, and that's all that matters! Shae Kelley led with 19 points.

16-2, 5-1 (B1G)

Gophers win 65-61 against Indiana. Honestly didn't deserve to win that one, but they pulled it out, and that's all that matters! Shae Kelley led with 19 points.

16-2, 5-1 (B1G)

Sometimes ya gotta win one not playing your best. It happens often.

8 straight pts from Carlie Wagner. Seems the quicker she shoots the 3, the better chance it goes in.

Gameday, do you understand why Bailey had to make that foul now?

Sometimes ya gotta win one not playing your best. It happens often.

Absolutely. Hopefully the got one of their poorer games over with while still getting the W. Purdue up next on Thursday I believe. (Maybe its Tuesday, can't remember)

Gameday, do you understand why Bailey had to make that foul now?

No, because it reset the shot clock, where as if they were to score and we don't foul, we'd still have 7.6 to try to win the game. Plus any sort of hand check, and they'd be shooting free throws. Glad it worked out though! Very happy the Gophers were able to pull that one out.

Why would we foul there?? That was EXTREMELY stupid.
Agreed in that situation I would only use the foul if someone got beat or they were in trouble. Good to see the ladies pull out the win even though they didn't play real well at all.

Absolutely. Hopefully the got one of their poorer games over with while still getting the W. Purdue up next on Thursday I believe. (Maybe its Tuesday, can't remember)

Thursday Jan 22, 7 p.m. at the Barn.

No, because it reset the shot clock, where as if they were to score and we don't foul, we'd still have 7.6 to try to win the game. Plus any sort of hand check, and they'd be shooting free throws. Glad it worked out though! Very happy the Gophers were able to pull that one out.

That's why they did it early in the shot clock. Indy ended up doing the same exact thing............to make sure they could force a free throw if they needed to.

Very smart move by both coaches.

That's why they did it early in the shot clock. Indy ended up doing the same exact thing............to make sure they could force a free throw if they needed to.

Thanks for the explanation. Fun game, fun team!

Strolling needs to do more of B up on top especially when she is being double teamed down low.

Not exactly sure how we won today, but managed too. This team sure shows a lot of heart. Go Gophs!

I totally disagree. Fouling early to allow Indiana to run the shot clock all they way down was stupid. What would your opinion be if Indiana scored as the buzzer sounded?

When the Gophers had the ball down one with a baseline throw-in, I knew it was going to be 2 points. Is there a better team on the baseline out of bounds play?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When the Gophers had the ball down one with a baseline throw-in, I knew it was going to be 2 points. Is there a better team on the baseline out of bounds play?

Nope..I think Dr. DON could even score on the OB play!

On The BTN highlights, it was mentioned that 16-2 is the best start ever in program history.

Wagner gets that shot off so quickly it's shocking.

Top Bottom