12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all agree that UNLV is terrible right?

UNLV has a decent 2014 recruiting class though, sign Vaughn and it becomes excellent, that will make it a viable alternative until the end, I think he ends up at Kansas.

Vaughn and Illikainen just saw Iowa State upset #10 Michigan. Grrr.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>ISU is rockin tonight <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23HiltonMagic&src=hash">#HiltonMagic</a> !!</p>— Rashad Vaughn (@ShowtimeMr) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShowtimeMr/statuses/402223084326752256">November 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Vaughn and Illikainen just saw Iowa State upset #10 Michigan. Grrr.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>ISU is rockin tonight <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23HiltonMagic&src=hash">#HiltonMagic</a> !!</p>— Rashad Vaughn (@ShowtimeMr) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShowtimeMr/statuses/402223084326752256">November 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

saw that too... was really hoping Iowa St would be blown out today

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I'm sorry Gopher fans but I see Rashad Vaughn at Iowa State...Hoiberg has NBA ties, a good system, can easily be a star at ISU..damn man</p>— Dame (@VIPJohnson34) <a href="https://twitter.com/VIPJohnson34/statuses/402223407837634560">November 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I'm sorry Gopher fans but I see Rashad Vaughn at Iowa State...Hoiberg has NBA ties, a good system, can easily be a star at ISU..damn man</p>— Dame (@VIPJohnson34) <a href="https://twitter.com/VIPJohnson34/statuses/402223407837634560">November 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

What's that line from The Exorcist: "Why you do this to me, Dimi? Please Dimi, I'm afraid."

The was about the worst possible outcome since Rashad was at that game. A better atmosphere than Williams would ever provide, a great game, a fun style of play, a court rush, etc.
Crap! While one game doesn't make it final, I've gotta agree with Dame that Rashad is sold on Iowa State.

Rashad just tweeted - ISU fans are the BEST! #Handsdown

and then deleted it right away.

I'm never glad to see a Big Ten bb team lose in non-conference (other than maybe Wisconsin). Michigan's performance today, though, gives me confidence we could beat them at home. ISU played a good game for sure, and Michigan has a lot of talent back from last year, but without Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway the fearlessness is gone and they are a far less formidable team. They played like every other team in a tight game on the road, forcing shots and generally looking rattled in the last 5 minutes.

I'm not sure McGary is even close to 100%. If he doesn't get there this year, Michigan is not a top 10 team. They sure aren't right now.

And you people need to calm down about Vaughn...you sound like a bunch of Reusse's on this Board. He's said repeatedly he's waiting until spring to decide. His recruitment is a marathon and we're at about mile 8 right now.

losing someone to Duke or Stanford is one thing, but if we lose a 5 star hometown kid to f*cking Ames Iowa?

Limited look-in I had to this game, Vaughn looked very happy to be at Hilton while Illikanin didn't appear enthralled at all.

Hilton is a decent facility and ISU does play well at home. McGary's first game today and he played like a guy who wasn't 100% basketball ready and perhaps his back was tender. ISU thus caught Mich at an opportune time.

ISU is an open, huge campus and not urban, urbane or inter-cultural with the exception of a large Asian foreign student population because of its engineering program. If Vaughn decides to go there, it isn't for the college experience or for an engineering degree. If he does, I think hoiberg can be credited for recruiting Rashad early and regularly.

RP needs a full-court press on Rashad to make up for lost time, including emphasizing the Dre H + Rashad narrative and the dynamism of this Gopher duo. Give it your best shot RP!

Fred Hoiberg.

triple-h-angry.gifp

I didn't realize his Sister plays basketball there. Anyone know that story?

So back on the Topic of Rashad.....

Any new updates about his recruitment process? I'm getting a little tired of coming to this forum and reading ISU and UofM banter about which is better. Each town has its benefits ie college town vs a big city atmosphere

Rashad finished his official today according to Travis Hines (an Ames reporter).

The tweet was about 3 or 4 hours ago.

Travis Hines ‏@TravisHines21 3h
Rashad Vaughn still finishing up his official visit to Iowa State, hanging around at the practice facility.

Rashad finished his official today according to Travis Hines (an Ames reporter).

The tweet was about 3 or 4 hours ago.

Travis Hines ‏@TravisHines21 3h
Rashad Vaughn still finishing up his official visit to Iowa State, hanging around at the practice facility.

Ya I saw this also, should be interesting..

Got it, she called him Brother. I need to stop looking at 17 year old's twitter accounts. I'm everything I hate.

Ya, nowadays, all of the players call each other bro, sis, cuz (as in cousin), fam. Rarely are they ever related!

So how I see the competition for Vaughn.

ISU: Has been on him since 9th grade, he has a good relationship with the coaches and he likes the style of play.
Kansas: His teammate has committed there, and with Cliff Alexander, they have a good class already. Plus Bill Self lands recruits underrade all the time (Wiggins, Black)
Arizona: Sounds like they have been recruiting him hard lately and they have a history of landing 5 stars, Plus they have a great player committed already.
UNLV: Will be there all year to develop relationship with coaches and students
UNC: Seemed to be favorite forever, Historical program
Baylor: Had planned a visit, I believe they were one of his first offers, and $cott Drew always lands huge recruits.
Minnesota: Home town, exciting style, been able to watch Gophers since he was little.

So Vaughn visited ISU and seemed to have a good time, but he didn't commit and is still planning on announcing in the Spring. If he was dead set on ISU he would've committed already. Not much has changed, there's still a long way to go in his recruitment, and I think the ISU posters that have invaded this thread can go away for a while.

So Vaughn visited ISU and seemed to have a good time, but he didn't commit and is still planning on announcing in the Spring. If he was dead set on ISU he would've committed already. Not much has changed, there's still a long way to go in his recruitment, and I think the ISU posters that have invaded this thread can go away for a while.

If he doesn't commit he can go to any UNLV game he wants. Tyus, Rashad and Vaughn got tickets all last year to go to Gopher games. However, right after Reid committed he was going to attended the game, but he got rejected because the tickets weren't left for him. (that is what I heard at least for the home opener.

If he doesn't commit he can go to any UNLV game he wants. Tyus, Rashad and Vaughn got tickets all last year to go to Gopher games. However, right after Reid committed he was going to attended the game, but he got rejected because the tickets weren't left for him. (that is what I heard at least for the home opener.

No chance he would show up there. Where did you hear that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom