‘Take Floyd … leave timeouts.’ Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz comments fuel Gophers rivalry

From EVERYONE but a few Gopher fans' perspectives, keeping your starters in to score against 2nd teamers means your team has been humiliated. It screams, coach didn't think he could score 2s v. 2s! :D

Why does that have to be the reason?

PJ hardly ever puts subs in wholesale in any game ... ever. Why would you assume the alternative is to do ... the thing he doesn't seem to ever do?

From EVERYONE but a few Gopher fans' perspectives, keeping your starters in to score against 2nd teamers means your team has been humiliated. It screams, coach didn't think he could score 2s v. 2s! :D

Look....it was an embarrassment. Gophers shouldn't have been shut out at that point in the game. But if you really want to nitpick....the Gophers were still in the game well into the third quarter.

Moral victories mean little to nothing for this Gophers team that is way underperforming. But in a year.....that seven points will be a footnote and the only thing that will be remembered is that the final score says that we weren't shut out.

Also....as I've pointed out the Gophers started that drive with nearly seven minutes left in the game. Now the Hawkeyes handed the ball off three times to their second string RB on their last TD drive. But they still had their starting QB and OL in the game at that point, didn't they?

Agreed 100%.

Some are just dead set against this, and you'll just have to agree to disagree with them.

Agreed 100%.

Some are just dead set against this, and you'll just have to agree to disagree with them.

Agree. The competitive juices don't flow the same for all people. There's the, "Yay we scored," people on the team that get the stare downs from the "it was their 2nd team; sure as hell better have against their scrubs; we got embarrassed by getting our asses kicked" crowd. To each their own.

Agree. The competitive juices don't flow the same for all people. There's the, "Yay we scored," people on the team that get the stare downs from the "it was their 2nd team; sure as hell better have against their scrubs; we got embarrassed by getting our asses kicked" crowd. To each their own.
The folks sweating that it is vs the second team sound like quitters to me.

The folks sweating that it is vs the second team sound like quitters to me.
That's just because you're bitter and looking for a way to personally attack people who hold that valid opinion. Classy

The ability of some people to jump to the worst conclusions is something I find interesting on this board.

You can take any PJ action, and then draw a direct correlation to what PJ was thinking at that given point and then understand how the recruits interpret that.

This is why I keep coming back to this forum.

So I can understand how negatively a recruit views our season so I can spend additional milliseconds of my life worrying about what a 17 year old might do with their life.

I'm going to go search the archives for similar posts from last year, during a more positive time, where I'm sure the same posters were drawing conclusions on how beating a given team by multiple scores corresponds with PJ's mentality, and extrapolate that to how recruits would feed of PJ's mindset last year and how that might affect our program as well.

TLDR - Some people like to worry a lot and create more worry.

The ability of some people to jump to the worst conclusions is something I find interesting on this board.

You can take any PJ action, and then draw a direct correlation to what PJ was thinking at that given point and then understand how the recruits interpret that.

This is why I keep coming back to this forum.

So I can understand how negatively a recruit views our season so I can spend additional milliseconds of my life worrying about what a 17 year old might do with their life.

I'm going to go search the archives for similar posts from last year, during a more positive time, where I'm sure the same posters were drawing conclusions on how beating a given team by multiple scores corresponds with PJ's mentality, and extrapolate that to how recruits would feed of PJ's mindset last year and how that might affect our program as well.

TLDR - Some people like to worry a lot and create more worry.
This is the way.

Sounds like pouting because you didn't score earlier....

Not knowing the difference between "pouting" and being frustrated b/c you have Pride tells me all I need to know!!!! SMH

If you ever truly competed, you'd know the difference between pouting and pride.
"The Man in the Arena" Teddy R.

When you spend yourself in a worthy cause and come up short it hurts! That means it's important to you! If you are frustrated b/c you came up short, it's pain not whining. It's mending and strength you'll draw upon in the future! Put me in a foxhole with a bunch of these types of guys and I'll never complain!

Not knowing the difference between "pouting" and being frustrated b/c you have Pride tells me all I need to know!!!! SMH

If you ever truly competed, you'd know the difference between pouting and pride.

When you spend yourself in a worthy cause and come up short it hurts! That means it's important to you! If you are frustrated b/c you came up short, it's pain not whining. It's mending and strength you'll draw upon in the future! Put me in a foxhole with a bunch of these types of guys and I'll never complain!

So you're pouting because you think you're the only one who has pride.

Folks saying starters shouldn't be out there are quitters who to think others should quit.

Slab trolling like a troll. 🙄

Enough already. Jebus

this reminds my of the old FB coach at my High School back in the 60's and 70's. We were not very good. And after most games ended in a lopsided score, the Coach would give the same speech in the locker room:

"We were right in that game. If you take away 3 or four big plays from the other team, it was an even game."

yeah - if the other team hadn't scored all those touchdowns, it would have been closer. Sure.

what the Gophers did against Iowa is the equivalent of a baseball team scoring a couple of runs in the 8th inning off a mop-up reliever to turn a 7-0 game into a 7-2 game.

If all we have to celebrate is that "it could have been worse," then that's not much cause to celebrate.

Top Bottom